The 2+2=5 Commie HOF

BillsFanNC

I encourage everyone who isn't a useful idiot to study these examples, and then realize this is who you're mostly dealing with on the left today.

The King, Quack MD et.al all use this type of insane 'logic' here regularly.

Worth engaging with?

I'd argue NFW.

Anyway, I've actually encountered a few folks in real life who have stated 2+2 can equal five. Both purple hair millennials, so not worth my time with anything more than laughter.

My favorite is the significant digits example. So the next time I hear 2+2=5 I'll offer to give that person $2.30  twice if they will give me $5 in return.

Useful idiocy is quite powerful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

I encourage everyone who isn't a useful idiot to study these examples, and then realize this is who you're mostly dealing with on the left today.

Worth engaging with?

I'd argue NFW.

Anyway, I've actually encountered a few folks in real life who have stated 2+2 can equal five. Both purple hair millennials, so not worth my time with anything more than laughter.

My favorite is the significant digits example. So the next time I hear 2+2=5 I'll offer to give that person $2.30  twice if they will give me $5 in return.

it would be $2.50 moron.   finders fee. There was a guy on the course selling nice balls for 10 euro a dozen.  I had 9.  He wouldn't break up the bag.  my new friend ponied up the euro.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is another favorite.

A "proof" that requires dividing by zero.

:lol:

0 = 0
4 - 4 = 6 - 6
4 = 2 x 2  || 6 = 3 x 2
2^2 - 2^2 = 2 x 3 - 2 x 3
(2-2)(2+2) = 3(2-2)
2 + 2 = 3

It's been a while since I've done proofs, but if the original is valid then it would seem the proof I just wrote is also valid.  

Fwiw, higher level math gets really abstract really quickly, and you almost have to be a little detached from reality in order to make advances in it. 

I wouldn't put too much stock into this as a direct caricature of the left.  But hey, that's the world we live in today so I'm not surprised that's how it's being sold.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Worth engaging with?

I'd argue NFW.

Look son I’m gonna tell you this just one time

don’t smoke crack

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

0 = 0
4 - 4 = 6 - 6
4 = 2 x 2  || 6 = 3 x 2
2^2 - 2^2 = 2 x 3 - 2 x 3
(2-2)(2+2) = 3(2-2)
2 + 2 = 3

It's been a while since I've done proofs, but if the original is valid then it would seem the proof I just wrote is also valid.  

Fwiw, higher level math gets really abstract really quickly, and you almost have to be a little detached from reality in order to make advances in it. 

I wouldn't put too much stock into this as a direct caricature of the left.  But hey, that's the world we live in today so I'm not surprised that's how it's being sold.  

Like physical chemistry.

The only way to make sense of those theoretical concepts was getting high!

• Haha (+1) 2

Any proof that requires you to multiply or divide using 0 is not proving anything except that zero is an abstract concept. I find the "proofs" that show it by rounding is hilarious, because all it shows is math is precise and if you aren't precise you are likely to be wrong.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's on par with the public schools that think test and scores are racist.

That homework is some old white supremacy ideology.

Then we wonder why they drop out of college and expect us to pay the bill

On 12/30/2023 at 9:49 PM, Wacka said:

I had trouble with organic chem. Never took p-chem.

I had an excellent organic chem professor for I and II, and our class sizes were between 10 and 15, so organic wasn't too bad.  

P-chem was literally a blur though.  I genuinely dunno how I got an 85 on the second exam and eked out a B lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

The  organic chem classes I had at UB in the late 70s had a couple hundred people.

Same at Cornell in the late 80's...for the first week or so...

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, BillsFanNC said:

This is another favorite.

A "proof" that requires dividing by zero.

:lol:

🤔  -   If zero equals zero then isn't there nothing there to count ??? Zero isn't counted as 1 or have we been being lid to this entire time ?

Holy crap !!! 

• 3 weeks later...