DOJ Threatens To Sue Texas Over Illegal Immigration

BillsFanNC

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Feds are quite clearly not doing their job. 

Congress is quite clearly not doing its job. 

The immigration system and enforcement is woefully broken and requires Congress to act. They won’t, so it’ll continue to be broken.  

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s illegal for Texas to pass a law making something that is federally illegal, illegal…

and shame on them for attempting to do so because the fed isn’t doing their job enforcing the law. 

😂

Fact is that there are RICO beefs there for the taking. Violations of immigration law are RICO predicates. And yet there hasn’t been a single raid or arrest involving NGOs that quite clearly, and loudly, conspire to commit these crimes. 

Makes you wonder what the FBI is for. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Fact is that there are RICO beefs there for the taking. Violations of immigration law are RICO predicates. And yet there hasn’t been a single raid or arrest involving NGOs that quite clearly, and loudly, conspire to commit these crimes. 

Man, I gotta get my hands on whatever you are smoking. 

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ah. I thought you might have been on hallucinogens. Instead, you may actually have brain damage. 

Right. Because claiming that congress has passed zero laws that could empower various arms of the federal government to fix this issue is definitely a triple digit IQ take. 

But even if that were true, if they did pass any laws to attempt to fix it you’d be crying racism or some similar witchery. 

Begone, you ***** goblin. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Pseudo humanitarian groups will never be targeted for criminal offenses simply because of how and who is funding them.

Maybe a few illegals from Texas bussed up to Chicago can squat on the King's property....

It won't care, because it's a commie who supports this invasion.

Then maybe one of the King's non commie neighbors could call in a swatting with migrants on its property.

When illegal immigration and swatting come home to roost in a commie sanctuary city.

What could go wrong?

10 hours ago, LeviF said:

Right. Because claiming that congress has passed zero laws that could empower various arms of the federal government to fix this issue is definitely a triple digit IQ take. 

But even if that were true, if they did pass any laws to attempt to fix it you’d be crying racism or some similar witchery. 

Begone, you ***** goblin. 

nah, you could pass legislation that fixed the issues we are seeing but that would result in more legal immigration, which is a non-starter for the hard right. 

Talk about giving away the game. “The solution to tons of third worlders crossing the border is…tons of third worlders crossing the border, but in a more orderly fashion!”

These are not serious people, they that repeat regime talking points with no regard for their fellow citizens or neighbors. Another reason why it’s important to never forgive or forget the vile things said and done during peak COVID hysteria by, largely, the exact same people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Texas DAs previously prosecuted illegal entrants for trespass. Someone owns the land - public or private - and yes, illegal entrants were trespassing. So that wasn't a problem. There's no general federal "trespass" law, unless it's occurring on federal land.

But the new Texas law - or at least the important parts of it - is clearly unconstitutional, as established by U.S. v. Arizona. Charging someone with illegal entry into the United States, and particularly detaining and deporting illegal entrants is a purely federal authority.

There's gray areas, like transporting or harboring illegal entrants on state roads, etc. I think those are part of Florida's laws, and I think they would pass the constitutional test. But arresting/deporting for illegal entry? No.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Texas DAs previously prosecuted illegal entrants for trespass. Someone owns the land - public or private - and yes, illegal entrants were trespassing. So that wasn't a problem. There's no general federal "trespass" law, unless it's occurring on federal land.

But the new Texas law - or at least the important parts of it - is clearly unconstitutional, as established by U.S. v. Arizona. Charging someone with illegal entry into the United States, and particularly detaining and deporting illegal entrants is a purely federal authority.

There's gray areas, like transporting or harboring illegal entrants on state roads, etc. I think those are part of Florida's laws, and I think they would pass the constitutional test. But arresting/deporting for illegal entry? No.

Yeah, and everyone who voted for the law (and Abbott) knows all of this. Why then do you think it happened? Is this a stunt or a path to an actual constitutional crisis?

I understand there’s some funny theories regarding Article IV as well but I think that’s mostly silly as compared to the two more realistic outcomes above. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think some people are past the point of caring, and have decided it’s better to push forward and deal with it in court then let this kaleidoscopic horse f%ckery go on, unchecked, unresolved forever.  

The simple reality seems to be that the border is a border mostly for the compliant, the federal govt—whatever that leviathan actually represents in this scenario—is complicit in the incompetence or at best completely overmatched in the role entrusted to it.  

So, Abbott busses people to liberal cities and the liberal cities break in what amounts to 20 minutes when considering how long this problem has been a problem.   Now, Abbott picks a fight with feds, they say “We’ll sue” and he says…See you in court, we have some things to talk about. 

I’d be surprised if that message point didn’t resonate with many, many voters across the spectrum—white, black, brown and liberal,  conservative and independent. 

• 4 weeks later...