Saturday Night’s Game Menu — What You Cooking?

HIT BY SPIKES

On 12/21/2023 at 11:13 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

Local Charlotte pizza joint, owners from Buffalo/ Bizonte.

Pizza and wings….. and beer😎

Ever been to Hawthornes?  I worked as a bartender there floating between the Mint Hill/Carmel Road locations from 2006-2010.  Very good pizza.  Owners are from Brooklyn and Long Island.

23 hours ago, Perk71 said:

Nothing. Going to Aunt and Uncle's house to make about 500 tamales 🤙🏼

Go Bills!!

we are close to done making 18 dozen  tamales. Pork with red chili and tamale pina. As you know this is a very arduous labor of love done once a year.

I'll be happy to eat those tomorrow with no cooking and minimal cleanup required.

GO BILLS 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ever been to Hawthornes?  I worked as a bartender there floating between the Mint Hill/Carmel Road locations from 2006-2010.  Very good pizza.  Owners are from Brooklyn and Long Island.

I pass the Mint Hill location everyday on the way to work ( Albemarle rd)

They do have good pizza but Bisonte is Buffalo Pizza, Margherita pepperoni, crust and all. It’s the $#!t. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bought 3 lbs of attached fresh chicken wings and have them marinating since yesterday morning in a Cajun Asian fusion I created.

Will grill them on the NG for game time.

As an appetizer, I bought 4 lbs of mussels that I will cook up in a garlic wine marinara sauce with crusty Italian bread.

Not to theme.

I know.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, nato7412 said:

Going to the game and making beef on weck to serve at the tailgate. Will roast the tenderloin and make kimmelweck rolls in the morning and heat up the beef in the jus at the game. Now im hungry

I’d love to find out how you make the rolls. Seems like it should be easy but I’ve never tried it. Do you just coat regular rolls with the salt and seeds? 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d love to find out how you make the rolls. Seems like it should be easy but I’ve never tried it. Do you just coat regular rolls with the salt and seeds? 

Exactly. We just get Kaiser rolls at the supermarket and brush egg white on top and then sprinkle on the caraway seeds and then salt(the caraways stick better if you add them first). Then bake at 350 for 8 minutes and your set!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Nursing a wicked hangover today so thinking some chicken noodle soup and a side of Tylenol 

I had to have two rounds of Tylenol this morning and had difficulty having a glass of wine with lunch.

I hope to rebound for the Bills game.

May need to nap through this Steelers and Bengals game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's the night of my family's Christmas dinner. 

Ham, au gratin potatoes, cornbread dressing, ultimate Green Bean casserole, sour cream carrot salad. Not to mention homemade cookies and ice cream for dessert

Not to mention, Beer, Southern Comfort for my father-in-law, Rum for my stepson, Gin for my stepdaughter, and Eggnog for whoever wants it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Nursing a wicked hangover today so thinking some chicken noodle soup and a side of Tylenol 

Whenever my wife and I travel to WNY, or Detroit (to visit family), I swing over to Canada to pick up a bottle of Tylenol w/codeine. Excellent pain relief.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

We're doing lasagna and eggplant parm for Christmas Day. I'll be making the sauce (sugo) today, so tonight we'll have Italian sausage sandwiches topped with suco.

Italian raised, Xmas for me & is always homemade sauce, meatballs, sausage, anti pasta etc..

Braciole too. Good stuff! 

Salute 🇮🇹🍝

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I had to have two rounds of Tylenol this morning and had difficulty having a glass of wine with lunch.

I hope to rebound for the Bills game.

May need to nap through this Steelers and Bengals game.

Yeah, this was actually my plan. Friends and I celebrated last night and I figured I'd take a quiet Saturday to wrap presents and get ready to travel back home to my parents' place. 

Still sucks though

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Logic said:

Fancy Italian restaurant food.

About a week ago, my wife asked if I minded if she made a reservation at a restaurant for a fancy, romantic date on Saturday night. Completely forgetting that the Bills played on Saturday night instead of Sunday, I said yes.

captain-ray-holt-b99.gif

Hopefully she made a 5pm reservation.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Italian raised, Xmas for me & is always homemade sauce, meatballs, sausage, anti pasta etc..

Braciole too. Good stuff! 

Salute 🇮🇹🍝

We traditionally make homemade raviolis for Christmas Day and when we’re really feeling up to it the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. (It can be hard coming up with seven seafood dishes but it’s a bunch of fun!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Making homemade pizza and wings. Just opened a bottle of Blanton’s.

That's been my traditional New Year's Day meal for college bowl games since '95.

I deep fry 20 wings a year for a decade plus now. 10 on New Year's, 10 on Super Bowl Sunday...

Sans the Blanton's. 

I'm older now & thin. If I eat like I used to, my body profile while standing looks like a lower case letter b 😀

Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

We traditionally make homemade raviolis for Christmas Day and when we’re really feeling up to it the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. (It can be hard coming up with seven seafood dishes but it’s a bunch of fun!)

I did that once for Christmas Eve when I was living on a Caribbean island.

Octopus

Conch

Lobster

Red Snapper

Seafood Risotto

Crabs

Crap…I can’t remember the last one.

I cooked a lot of food for the 5 of us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, HIT BY SPIKES said:

When the Chargers were in San Diego, my go to was Fish Tacos.

Now they are in LA which is too big to have only one or two signature dishes.

Even the name Chargers does not lend itself to an obvious theme.

Open to suggestions.

vegan kale soy based lettuce wraps with a skim almond milk decaf chai machta moccachino ?

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

Geezus…. Do you just sniff it and cork it again?

that’s sone high end stuff!!

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

vegan kale soy based lettuce wraps with a skim almond milk decaf chai machta moccachino ?

Geezus…. Do you just sniff it and cork it again?

that’s sone high end stuff!!

Meh, I prefer a tall glass of Remy Louis XIII:wub:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.