RIP: Chiefs Superfan "Da Beard" dies in solo car crash after Bills game (alcohol suspected)

chongli

56 minutes ago, teef said:

i can't imagine it would be the classic blow into the tube every time, but i have no idea how else it would go down.  i'd be rather surprised if it passes anytime soon.

Well the ones I installed were blow into the tube every time or your car don't start haha.  They aren't easy either. You had to blow a certain way or it wouldn't take a reading and work.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, teef said:

on a semi related note, i just saw a news snipped about how they're going to require alcohol monitoring in future car builds.  i'm not sure if i have the completely correct, but it's the first time i've heard it.  

edit:  it seems there's a push to make it a requirement. 

It’s crazy that Uber and Lyft are a thing that exists, and we still have to create technology to not allow people to drink and drive. 

Thing is people will quickly find a way around it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Very sad, at least he didn't unintentionally take anyone out with him. Don't drink and drive it is not a good idea. 

45 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

It surprises me that people have such an issue with wearing seat belts. Maybe they never saw the momentum demonstration with the egg strapped down vs not strapped down.

I can understand teenage boys not wanting to seem unmanly, but adults driving without seat belts makes no sense.

I have an adult step daughter who doesn’t wear them, and doesn’t make her kids wear them. It’s just a foolish choice to make.

I have no idea why anyone would ever not want to wear a seat belt. Your chances of surviving a crash dramatically go up by having one on and your chances of sever injury go down dramatically. 

54 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

It surprises me that people have such an issue with wearing seat belts. Maybe they never saw the momentum demonstration with the egg strapped down vs not strapped down.

I can understand teenage boys not wanting to seem unmanly, but adults driving without seat belts makes no sense.

I have an adult step daughter who doesn’t wear them, and doesn’t make her kids wear them. It’s just a foolish choice to make.

A seat belt has saved my life at least twice. I've had two accidents at 60+ involving trees, with a telephone pole included in one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s crazy that Uber and Lyft are a thing that exists, and we still have to create technology to not allow people to drink and drive. 

I don’t go out much at this point, but if I’m having more than 2 beers, I’m Ubering.   Not so much for the safety, but rather because I like the various smells. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Uber and Lyft don't exist at night in some smaller towns. But taxis still work.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Very sad, at least he didn't unintentionally take anyone out with him. Don't drink and drive it is not a good idea. 

I have no idea why anyone would ever not want to wear a seat belt. Your chances of surviving a crash dramatically go up by having one on and your chances of sever injury go down dramatically. 

Well one person told me a story in the 90's that not wearing a seatbelt could save your life. She knew someone where the top half of the car was sheared off somehow suddenly while the bottom remained intact. A seatbelt would have prevented you from ducking quickly to avoid the shear.

39 minutes ago, chongli said:

Well one person told me a story in the 90's that not wearing a seatbelt could save your life. She knew someone where the top half of the car was sheared off somehow suddenly while the bottom remained intact. A seatbelt would have prevented you from ducking quickly to avoid the shear.

My best friend's cousin actually had his neck snapped because of a seat belt during an accident and that was the reason he died 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

I am sure there are freak exceptions but you play the percentages. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.