James Cook and drops

lifefan

20 hours ago, Ga boy said:

I keep hoping he would be like Shady.  Hasn’t happened yet.  Haven’t given up hope. 

Cook doesn't have the cut back moves like Shady. Nor imho does he seem to have the drive or focus.  It's not that he doesn't have speed or talent.  He just lacks that "it factor". 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cook doesn't have the cut back moves like Shady. Nor imho does he seem to have the drive or focus.  It's not that he doesn't have speed or talent.  He just lacks that "it factor". 

Yes, Shady had some serious shake and bake, whereas Cook only has the bake.  I still don’t think we’ve seen the best Cook recipe yet.

23 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Doesn't quite have the lower body strength for that

I was hoping he'd be more like his brother...in his prime Dalvin Cook was a violent runner

Dalvin Cook in his first two years rushed for 354 and 615. So far, little brother James is beating him at the early stage of his career. James is also clearly the more dynamic weapon today. I have faith that James will continue to produce throughout his rookie contract. 

On 11/27/2023 at 8:52 AM, lifefan said:

McDermott can’t keep benching Cook for extended periods of time for a drop. Yes, Cook needs to be better with the ball. Yes, fumbles or drops are always costly. But benching him isn’t the answer. We’re not in high school here! Cook needs to know that coaches have his back. If Marv Levy was in this situation, Cook would get the ball on the very next play! On a fumble, or drop, he owes one to his teammates and coaches. Give him that opportunity to pay them back. Let him show his teammates that he has their back also!

true but Ty Johnson should be the starter, much better runner.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cook has a larger YPC.  Great catch % (top 10)

most of Kincaids catches are just beyond the LOS.

Maybe I am following the chain of discussion wrong.  What i am reading is that the reason RB's are not a wr is that they don't have the route running ability and hands of a WR.  You seemed to dispute that by saying RBs have high catch %.  I was disputing your comment by saying that RBs have an easier time catching the ball because most of them are checkdowns, therefor not receiving the coverage nor the degree of difficulty of a wr making a catch.  That means its easier for them to catch the ball.  How we use Kincaid, who is also not a WR, is irrelevant to that.

Edited by Scott7975

46 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe I am following the chain of discussion wrong.  What i am reading is that the reason RB's are not a wr is that they don't have the route running ability and hands of a WR.  You seemed to dispute that by saying RBs have high catch %.  I was disputing your comment by saying that RBs have an easier time catching the ball because most of them are checkdowns, therefor not receiving the coverage nor the degree of difficulty of a wr making a catch.  That means its easier for them to catch the ball.  How we use Kincaid, who is also not a WR, is irrelevant to that.

Check the thread topic. Cooks drops are the topic. 

Yet, Cook can catch—and very well.   His passes are not much easier to catch than Kincaids. They both mainly catch dump offs. 

On 11/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, QB Bills said:

First part, agreed. But give Allen a competent coach and we've probably already won a super bowl. I can't see how you can include him in that conversation. How many times has he left the field after giving the team a lead in the final minute only to have his idiot coach and his soft defense give it right back?

Well that’s because he’s scoring too fast obviously.  You can’t leave a team 13 seconds and expect to win, unless you play the Bills who have 2 time outs and 20 seconds, they will just kneel it out for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.