Mike Norvell - the coach you didn't know you wanted

LeGOATski

20 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Hence the thread

He's turned the program around wherever he's been at, not just FSU. And you can't tell me FSU has had a problem getting NFL talent prior to this...

He has done a good job turning the programme round, nobody is questioning that. But again it is a bit like the Harbaugh conversation for me.... a guy to turn around the programme isn't necessarily the job spec for the next Bills coach if it comes next spring. 

And for other reasons too I think he will and should stay in college.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yea you don’t know what you’re talking about. JT didn’t save Norvells job because it was never in jeopardy. His 1st season was  the covid year…..he was getting a minimum of 4 seasons to get things turned around by the University especially since we’re still paying Willie Taggert! I’m 100% sure I know way more about FSU football than you do.

Why you hating on your boy Willie Taggert so hard?   He had a better record than Norvell thru the same amount of seasons...........and he got fired with a quickness.    You and the mouse in your pocket knew Norvell wouldn't get fired after a 3rd losing season but that's about it.  :lol:

Did you also think he coached Paxton Lynch or did you just not want to stop @LeGOATski because he was on a roll?:lol:

On 11/14/2023 at 8:00 PM, LeGOATski said:

I get all the of the frustration and wanting to move on from this coaching staff. I advocated for firing Dorsey, but would rather keep McDermott.

However, if you're not like me and want a new HC, I've got just the man for you:

Mike Norvell

I've followed him since he started coaching at ASU (my alma mater). He made their offense legit. Then he went on to be the head coach of Memphis, turning them into a successful team and making the NFL think Paxton Lynch was draftable. Then he goes to FSU and turns them back into an undefeated championship contender.

He's an offensive coach, which a lot of Bills fans are clamoring for. He's signed with FSU through 2029, but we know how that goes ...

This is the HC you didn't know you wanted.

As an FSU fan:

leave his name out your ?$@@& mouth!!

He’s staying put. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why you hating on your boy Willie Taggert so hard?   He had a better record than Norvell thru the same amount of seasons...........and he got fired with a quickness.    You and the mouse in your pocket knew Norvell wouldn't get fired after a 3rd losing season but that's about it.  :lol:

Did you also think he coached Paxton Lynch or did you just not want to stop @LeGOATski because he was on a roll?:lol:

Because Slick Willie Taggert and his “Lethal Simplicity” was a complete joke! The Slick Willie years were some of the most unwatchable years ever as a Noles fan!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is he "that good"? Yeah, too win the ACC with a very deep roster full of upper class-men, yes he is.    

Not THE greatest accomplishment imo. I view the ACC (especially looking at Clemson) as pretty weak.

Then again, how many conferences improved this season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.