I don’t feel it’s ALL on the defense and here’s why

Drew21PA

In my observation of the last month or so I’ve come to see a growing trend.

yea, the defense is a patchwork defense and yea, the numbers are saying they are the worst defense in the nfl

bur is that the case?  I believe it’s the offense that is making the defense bad.

it’s kind of like this

the offense - with Josh Allen and company - should be coming off the field saying “yeah there you go guys keep it up - keep us rolling!”

instead it’s “oh yeah, uhhh hey guys keep us in this keep us close - please?”

My feeling and belief is this that our office is lacking so bad that the opposing offenses are able to get in a group that you’re not normally going to get into for example, when we play the patriots Mac Jones headed to score a lead, and that OFFICE could open up like it has been able to all season, making our defense look suspect.

I have seen numerous times this year with a deep as plays really well, considering who we have out there and then the office just doesn’t do anything with the three and out and lack of possession on the clock.

this is permitting the opposing offenses, a chance to really make a move, and they are they taking advantage of it, obviously.

I just don’t feel the defense is all that bad all the time but I think that they’re playing really well for who they are that’s my feeling on it

I just saw our defense start slow again, Cincinnati I really feel that they gave us a chance to win the game still despite giving up the teachers touchdowns to start the game.

Second third and midway through the fourth quarter I thought they did pretty well then we couldn’t score Kincaid fumbles and that was pretty much the beginning of the end but I felt heavy scored on that drive and possibly a drive before that we would’ve been in business and probably should’ve won.

Again, McDermott decisions and the boneheaded change of a offensive philosophy really did I said again I guess Dorsey was trying to outsmart everybody

Wake me up when Miller makes a play to help us win. The guy gets herded away from the passer and can’t make the turn. He’s eating 20 million of cap space and he’s pushing 35. With Tre, Milano, Jones and Miller not contributing, who the hell scares anyone on our defense. Our safeties are above average but have no turnovers. Our corners are below average and committ too many penalties and our LBs are just OK. We can’t get pressure with our down lineman so we have to bring 2 extra rushers. The Bengals destroyed those blitz packages. It’s the defense.

none is on the defense- its the Bills offense letting us down over and over.  That Miami 100+ degrees foreshadowed our offensive woes. Over 500 yards offense with little points to show for it.  Points wins games.  Bills offense is a broken down Ferrari

• Like (+1) 2

Defense sucks especially considering all the  draft and cap money spend   Injuries aside when it comes to crunch time they cant get off the field  No difference makers on this unit  Only one is Milano and he's out.   1st round pick corner cant even get on the field  Two free splash free agent signing later and the edge guys still cant change games

What good does it do to bring pressure and play a soft zone where our DBs give such a huge cushion? Burrow, and other lesser QBs have picked the Bills secondary apart. 8 INTs in our first four games, against weak opponents, except Miami, and zero INTs in our last five games. Bills have not even hit the tough part of their schedule. I do like Rasul Douglas. He seems a lot more aggressive than any other DB that we have.

Our issues are mainly on Offense as we have an elite QB, a good OL, elite WR1 and a stud young TE.  They should be much, much better.  That being said, outside of those components, we are lacking in terms of WR2 and OC.. two pretty important pieces of a good Offense.

Not going to absolve the Defense though.  We are sacrificing Offensive continuity for Allen in order to have a Defensive minded HC.  One who apparently needs top tier talent all over the field or else we are the worst defense in the NFL.

Imagine if our offense lost Diggs, Morse, and Cook for the year, and Dawkins’ level of play suddenly fell off a cliff.

That’s the equivalent of what our defense is dealing with having lost White, Jones, and Milano for the year, and Miller not returning to form.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

we spend 111MM cap on our d, highest in the nfl outside of pittz (thanks the athletic for the data).

we also have more high picks on d than on O.

if our defensive HC can't make something worthwhile out of what we have given the above, then both he and the gm are cheeks and need to go.

they have every chance to right the ship, and did some some improve vs cinci, but we can lose 2, maybe 3 more games all season, and i think we need at least one win in the post season, for them to not get ridden out of town on a rail.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.