Washington v USC: Battle for the First Overall Pick

mannc

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea a defense that gave up 50 and a QB who was 77% completion with 4 total TDs and they lost because of him lol

Caleb is the most talented QB in the country and USC letting up 40 a game is letting him down 

Typical Lincoln Riley defense.  He didn't have one in Oklahoma either.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Trojans would be undefeated if they had any kind of defense at all. They’ve scored over 30 points in every game this season except one, where they scored 20 against Notre Dame. I cannot believe someone hasn’t fired that nitwit they claim is coaching the defense. Unbelievable 

It is on the Head Coach IMO. He has a history of producing atrocious defenses.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, mannc said:

Did not know that about Penix…I see why you think he won’t go top 5.  

If you didn't know that you shouldn't be starting a thread about it.    It's that time of year when the people of TSW who don't follow college football begin tuning in and starting threads about players when they have zero perspective on what they are watching.   Penix knees are torn up......he's a statue.........and he's been kicking around college football forever.    

17 hours ago, mannc said:

Raiders will get one of them…

Arizona will definitely get one. The Raiders are tanking by mistake; the Cards are tanking by design. Colt McCoy at QB? Nah, we might go 6-11 with him. Let's try Josh Dobbs. Uh oh, he's not as bad as we thought. Let's trade him and hand the reins to ... Clayton Tune? Who? I think they finally found their man.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you didn't know that you shouldn't be starting a thread about it.    It's that time of year when the people of TSW who don't follow college football begin tuning in and starting threads about players when they have zero perspective on what they are watching.   Penix knees are torn up......he's a statue.........and he's been kicking around college football forever.    

If you can’t say something nice ____________.      …..fill in the blank with what your mom told you growing up.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not sure why someone eyeroll reacted to this post of yours. 

Caleb Williams is all over the place.  Painting F*** UTAH on his fingernails, crying in the stands.  

He could be the next Mahomes though.. just needs to improve on playing in structure. 

Because the character are so freaking minor. A college kid painted his nails??? The horror!!! He gets upset because his garbage defense cost him games where he scores 35+? Thug.

if Allen did the same exact things, people would be praising him as the ultimate competitor.  Character issues are Mac Jones getting a DWI (which will be brought more than Williams’ “character concerns). Major double standards.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because the character are so freaking minor. A college kid painted his nails??? The horror!!! He gets upset because his garbage defense cost him games where he scores 35+? Thug.

if Allen did the same exact things, people would be praising him as the ultimate competitor.  Character issues are Mac Jones getting a DWI (which will be brought more than Williams’ “character concerns). Major double standards.

Yea I think there is enough there to say "hmmm, teams will want to probe him on that" but enough for fans to judge he is bad news? Not for me. There were more red flags with Kyler Murray and a team still took a gamble at #1 based on the talent.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Caleb plays so wreckless. All the talent in the world but him and #19 cost the Trojans a W tonight. Williams needs a good offensive minded HC to get the most out of him or else he’s going to be a mess in the NFL. Can’t live on pure talent and make bone headed decisions like running into the pass rush over and over. Penix really impressed me. I knew he was super accurate in the pocket and throws a beautiful ball but against Oregon he was garbage scrambling out and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn BUT wow did he show up on a couple throws outside the pocket tonight, especially the TD to the TE. Penix will be a top 10 pick in this draft and I also think the headiness and grittiness of Bo Nix gets him taken top 15 too. He’s a plug and play QB right now and honestly think he could be the best pro. I love this draft class and even though Williams will be the #1 pick and has all the potential in the world I love the 3 QBs behind him more (Maye, Penix and Nix)…hope they all go to the NFC. We don’t need any more franchise QBs in the AFC

USC lost because their defense sucks.  It's amazing they were ever ranked highly.  But Caleb Williams is a great talent and I guess the pundits figured he could carry the team.  Well, no one could carry THAT defense.

11 minutes ago, Utah John said:

USC lost because their defense sucks.  It's amazing they were ever ranked highly.  But Caleb Williams is a great talent and I guess the pundits figured he could carry the team.  Well, no one could carry THAT defense.

Riley fired his DC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.