Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Until we actually beat a Joe Burrow led Bengals team, I will shelve the posturing.

Burrow's perfomance the first few games and the last few games is night and day.

Their offense features a mostly short passing game looking at avg depth of targets. Not sure if that has changed much from last season.

An offense that stresses getting the ball out fast using receivers that have elite hands has been a matchup nightmare for Leslie Frazier zone schemes that employed a lot of cushion to allow the underneath throws.

We will see if McD has a different approach because last year that Frazier defense just bled yards and conversions 

Not as concerned with the Bengals defense statistically, but they have forced some turnovers and Allen has given it away a few times... So there is that.

They also find ways to limit points on the board and we have not been exactly lighting it up points-wise.

We will see which Bills team comes to play.

This is an extremely intelligent comment.  As to more negatives, the Bengals do give up too many yards at times and we still have difficulty overcoming a penalty or a sack, they almost always end up stalling a drive.

23 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

From PFF - and there are MANY other outlets telling truth too:

The Cincinnati Bengals defense isn’t playing at the premier level we saw in the second half of last season. With that said, bend-but-don’t-break works when you can force interceptions and hold the 49ers to a 50% red-zone conversion rate. This is another step forward for Cincinnati, but regression seems imminent at the hands of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in Week 8.m The Bengals enter this matchup hobbling with injuries as the Bills call in two new studly defenders.

Bengals are hobbling?  We should have all 11 starters on offense and defense and Special Teams.   PFF?   Box score guy.... 

23 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Cincy is NOT a good football team. Not sure what games this season you have watched. They lost significant players on D during the offseason and it shows! Their D is bad and we will score at will.

It's Our D that is the issue and, now that we have reinforcements that hopefully play, we should be OK.

I can't effin wait for this game!!! Gonna be a beatdown boys!

Go KC - beat the fraud Phins and we are in 1st place again.

Another interesting take...... 

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Think it comes down to are the Bengals closer to the team that whipped the 49ers last week or more to the team that muddled through their first 6 games  Seems recent results have media crowning yet another SBowl champ months before the season is over  

The media is searching for content.  No AFC team is fantastic right now with the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals all underachieving.  The Ravens are probably the most sound team and they lost to the Colts.  Ravens being good is probably good news to you guys as the Bills seem to contain them much better than the Bengals.
As to Cincy last week was what we have been waiting for, but still I have no crazy notions that we will be that effective and efficient on offense as that game.  I will say that the oline and defense are beginning to play with more cohesion & better communication.  Having Burrow and Higgins healthy can only help as well.
The media crowned Buffalo SB champs too early last year and even if Cincy wins Sunday I hope they do not do that with us, we need to stack many more strong games games together.  Buffalo can definitely beat us at home this game and we both have challenging schedules ahead.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Bengals are hobbling?  We should have all 11 starters on offense and defense and Special Teams.   PFF?   Box score guy.... 

What does Box score mean? Oh right, the actual final result. Cool story nancy.

Also - telling us how Purdy only "really" threw for 200ish yards cause the rest were in prevent is irrelivant and a copout. It's like saying well we "really" won because the last 2 TD's the other team scored were in the last few mins of the game. They play 60 mins dudette.... get with it. Box score note" Bills pound your fraud wimps hard!!!!!!

Go Bills.

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Thanks bra!

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Literally every breakdown I’ve heard talks about how the Bengals Offense needs to start strong.  

If they do, they’ll likely win the game. 

Fantastic news given our defense loves giving up points on opening drives. 

Yeah, but I still feel like (curious about other thoughts here as well) I just have a bit more confidence in defense against Bengals now compared to Frazier. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

At the end of the day the Bengals offense settles for field goals too much and usually leaves you wanting more...that is, the personnel they have suggests they should be far better than what they actually are.

Many of us Bengals fans have this very same sentiment, it is mind-numbing at times.

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Care to refute it? I’m by no means on the Bengals-are-overrated train but our local talk radio pointed out this morning that Bengals’ D has given the highest amount of big plays per game this year and almost all have been pass plays.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Care to refute it? I’m by no means on the Bengals-are-overrated train but our local talk radio pointed out this morning that Bengals’ D has given the highest amount of big plays per game this year and almost all have been pass plays.

Refute the fact that the Bengals are NOT hobbling injury wise?  Sure, we have no starters in danger of missing the game due to injuries.

As to the defense I have continually stated that we give up way too many yards.  It is kind of tricky stat wise though.

We were awful vs the Browns vs the run - but a closer look reveals that we held them to under 2 yds per carry 9 out of 10 times and then give up a 20 yarder a couple times. The offense did NOTHING and the game got away in the rain, vs a great oline and RB, and the 4th Qtr they just stomped us.
49ers had 365 yards passing, but 156 came on 3 drives vs prevent defense that ended in zero points.

We will always give up yards, we always have.  With Burrow and Higgins healthy hopefully the offense can stay on the field a little longer which will help. 

Allen is always a dual threat and if he goes off I will not be surprised just because of who he is.

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Many of us Bengals fans have this very same sentiment, it is mind-numbing at times.

Where do you think the issue lies?  Playing too conservative?  Play calling by Taylor/OC?  Red zone issues? 

I was kinda surprised when I looked and saw the Bengals have never averaged more points than the Bills have under Burrow and the Bills offensively has Diggs and then "others" for the most part compared to 3 legit WR's and a very good RB.  You would think they should be one of the higher scoring teams in the NFL and they are usually top 10, but you'd think they'd be Top 3 or even #1.

9 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

What does Box score mean? Oh right, the actual final result. Cool story nancy.

Also - telling us how Purdy only "really" threw for 200ish yards cause the rest were in prevent is irrelivant and a copout. It's like saying well we "really" won because the last 2 TD's the other team scored were in the last few mins of the game. They play 60 mins dudette.... get with it. Box score note" Bills pound your fraud wimps hard!!!!!!

Go Bills.

Thanks bra!

So you just dont know ball?  Gotcha.  As long as it makes you happy, fell free to keep up the cheerleading and the trash talk kid,

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Refute the fact that the Bengals are NOT hobbling injury wise?  Sure, we have no starters in danger of missing the game due to injuries.

As to the defense I have continually stated that we give up way too many yards.  It is kind of tricky stat wise though.

We were awful vs the Browns vs the run - but a closer look reveals that we held them to under 2 yds per carry 9 out of 10 times and then give up a 20 yarder a couple times. The offense did NOTHING and the game got away in the rain, vs a great oline and RB, and the 4th Qtr they just stomped us.
49ers had 365 yards passing, but 156 came on 3 drives vs prevent defense that ended in zero points.

We will always give up yards, we always have.  With Burrow and Higgins healthy hopefully the offense can stay on the field a little longer which will help. 

Allen is always a dual threat and if he goes off I will not be surprised just because of who he is.

A closer look tells me that the Browns ran it down your throat! I don't care when/where the yards and performance happened during the 60 mins of regulation time - but the matter of fact is that it happened. Am I incorrect?!??

156 yars vs prevent - who cares. That's your D choice to run prevent. Also, 365 yards by Purdy??? That's not a good thing dude. He isn't exactly Allen.

Just get ready is all I am saying... The Bills are not the Niners with Purdy and decimated by injuries. We will pound the Bengals. Bank it.

Enjoy the game, all 60 mins. Because I know we will!

Just now, Big Turk said:

Where do you think the issue lies?  Playing too conservative?  Play calling by Taylor/OC?  Red zone issues? 

I was kinda surprised when I looked and saw the Bengals have never averaged more points than the Bills have under Burrow and the Bills offensively has Diggs and then "others" for the most part compared to 3 legit WR's and a very good RB.  You would think they should be one of the higher scoring teams in the NFL and they are usually top 10, but you'd think they'd be Top 3 or even #1.

A few reasons:

1.  Burrow not being healthy until week 7 is pain in the a$$ and becoming quite annoying.  His limitations have been obvious 3 years in a row.  It is amazing how high our stats were at the end of each season.  We literally start out on the bottom third of every offensive category each season. 

2.  Offense line in 2021 was the worst in the league.  Oline up until week 7 or 8 last year was awful.  It is better this year.

3.  Zac Taylor doe not scheme well at all.  Mike McDaniel could do wonders with our WR corp and Burrow.  We simply do not scheme anyone open it seems.  Play calling has also been horrendous at times.  

I will say that last couple of games the scheme and play calling has been more creative, of course the TE room is pathetically awful.  We would gladly take Pete Metzelaars in his 60's right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

So to get away from this Punch Out! style of fighting over the game...

Who do you think will actually contribute on the field out of all of our signings, if any between Joseph, Douglas and Fournette? That's what I think we should be talking about as it could help to give us some sort of an edge we didn't have before in January.

17 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

A closer look tells me that the Browns ran it down your throat! I don't care when/where the yards and performance happened during the 60 mins of regulation time - but the matter of fact is that it happened. Am I incorrect?!??

156 yars vs prevent - who cares. That's your D choice to run prevent. Also, 365 yards by Purdy??? That's not a good thing dude. He isn't exactly Allen.

Just get ready is all I am saying... The Bills are not the Niners with Purdy and decimated by injuries. We will pound the Bengals. Bank it.

Enjoy the game, all 60 mins. Because I know we will!

You do know that you are proving my point about being a box score watcher right?  Your takes are the most immature on this entire board, Im not going to get into a trash talk convo with you.  There are many informed Bills fans here that I have enjoyed talking to and I actually respect

Edited by Caesar

19 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals make stuff up to create a "nobody respects us/us against the world" attitude every week. They've been doing that since 2021.

Except one Bills player actually did say that.  I'm not sure that any others did.  That happens, trust me we had to deal with Eli Apple.

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's incredibly annoying because it works and there's nothing you can do about it.

I think it would be appropriate for the Bills to publicly complain about the Bengals intentionally trying to injure Josh Allen. THAT would be real bulletin board material. The Bills don't go there enough.

Except that did not happen.  The Bengals or the fans do not have any ill will towards Buffalo.  You guys also used to like us as well until we got Burrow....

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Serious question.  Are you a teenager?  

I dont come here to trash talk and I dont come here to talk with children, period.  I simply read for the best Bills info and to provide some Bengals info.

Nothing I said warranted the "WTF????!!??" comment, and again you are proving yourself to be a box score watcher.  We will see how much pounding the Bills do on Sunday in Cincy.

FYI, most of us don't even know who Dillenger4 is.  He has all of 253 posts.  He doesn't represent the fan base or the "regular" members of this forum.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

FYI, most of us don't even know who Dillenger4 is.  He has all of 253 posts.  He doesn't represent the fan base or the "regular" members of this forum.

I absolutely believe you.  There are so many here that I respect and enjoy talking ball with.  

5 hours ago, MJS said:

A lot of teams don't do it? I watch a lot of games and it is very rare to not see a deferral to start the game.

They didn't defer last night on TNF, and the announcers were kind of shocked by it.

The Bengals, by the way, have been deferring a lot more this year too.

We began taking the ball midway last season because our offense was sucking so bad to start the season, it seemed to help.  Not sure of the analytics, probably just a mental thing for us last year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.