Has NFL Given Any Explanation Why Flag Was Picked Up?

st pete gogolak

39 minutes ago, vincec said:

He wasn’t clearly downfield when the ball was thrown. It was a very close call. And since it had absolutely no bearing on the play I’m fine with the no call. Calling that play back because the OL was a foot too far downfield would have been exactly the kind of nonsense I hate from the officials.

If you rewatch the play, the OL is clearly 1 1/2 yd past the LOS (25 yd line ) and the ball is still in Jones hand. 

If the refs miss the call, that’s fine. 

But I don’t get how it’s called initially correctly, and then reversed, incorrectly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, vincec said:

He wasn’t clearly downfield when the ball was thrown. It was a very close call. And since it had absolutely no bearing on the play I’m fine with the no call. Calling that play back because the OL was a foot too far downfield would have been exactly the kind of nonsense I hate from the officials.

That's wrong on both counts.  First, I was able to freeze the replay showing the ball in Jones's hand with the center having his foot on the 27 yard line, two yards past the LOS, and the center heading downfield.  Second, the center interfered with Bernard getting to the play, and Bernard was the one who eventually pushed the receiver out of bounds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.