Players activated from practice squad for Bills / Jaguars game

Punching Bag

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Do we have specific percentages on if these guys play or not?

What’s the Vegas under/over…

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Why activate guys if you don’t plan to dress them.  I guess just in case something happens in walkthrough?   Wonder about benford.  And why the DT.   That one seems odd 

In case of flu, food poisoning, last minute injuries. It's a 'just in case' type of thing for positions that could possibly need some help in the event that someone goes down last minute. 

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That makes sense for Ingram.   But they have five healthy DTs on the roster and only dress four.  Wonder if they are gonna sit Phillips or settle.  

With Von being on a pitch count, Lawson possibly out, and Groot out for sure, that leaves Epenesa, Kingsley, and Floyd. My guess is one of those DT's will kick outside from time to time on run downs to give a guy a break from time to time. Who that is I have no idea. Probably either Oliver or Settle.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

With Von being on a pitch count, Lawson possibly out, and Groot out for sure, that leaves Epenesa, Kingsley, and Floyd. My guess is one of those DT's will kick outside from time to time on run downs to give a guy a break from time to time. Who that is I have no idea. Probably either Oliver or Settle.

Why is Lawson out?  He is not on the injury report.  

10 hours ago, JMM said:

I'll just say this, if Ingram is activated instead of Elam, then we know that there is a SERIOUS problem there. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Agreed, that is the very interesting question.  Ingram comes highly regarded after training camp.  But, shouldn't jump Elam on the depth chart, but, it would not surprise me.  Ingram is 6'2" also which is an additional positive attribute, just an fyi, I am not saying height is ultra important, just interesting.

I hope Elam can play in the NFL.  He did last year (and well most of the time), so, I think he can.  I also hope he was just outplayed by Dane Jackson and Benford thusly below them on the depth chart this year.  And, didn't dress because he didn't play special teams.

I hope Elam steps in as next man up and does a good job!  I think and hope he can.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Lawson is questionable with a toe injury that happened after Thursday 

I missed that.   I look here for the injury report.  Which must not be up to date.  

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

o

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Roll him out there and see if better Poona "Mr. Invisible" Ford.

He is behind settle which is a huge disappointment.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.