The Dolphins are in huge cap trouble moving forward...

warrior9

Their team is vastly underperforming the last few years based on the resources they’ve spent and nobody is really talking about it

they are in firm ‘win now’ territory from a front office perspective but the team still has massive holes.  Blowing that first on Bradley Chubb and losing a first for Brady tampering sunk them 

when tyreek starts to decline they are a 5 win team

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

He is on his 5th year next year.  A re-signing even with top money lowers his immediate hit.

I think Waddle will be gone and not get a second contract

Wilkins will walk

Williams NEEDS to be re-signed he handles the protections not Tua

Waddle I have a big feeling doesnt see a second contract either

Why do you think that on Waddle? Just wont be able to afford him? If thats the case destined to go to a bad team with tons of free cap on a big deal, but dang, if he wants to contend id be hella interested! 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Letting Waddle go would be a mistake IMO. I think Wilkins is the one you let walk if it comes to it. 

I think it is too.  But I can see Waddle going the Wilkins hold out route next year.  

Also there are MIA fans that said reading his lips late in the 4th when he and Hill where out and tua still in said he was talking to hill and said "im not going back in this ***** game"

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Why do you think that on Waddle? Just wont be able to afford him? If thats the case destined to go to a bad team with tons of free cap on a big deal, but dang, if he wants to contend id be hella interested! 

They wont be able to afford him looking at their cap. 

Talking to people around Fins

- He drops alot

- He disappears alot

- Availability questions

I think it will be the complete wrong move.  You move on from Hill before you do Waddle but that is just what my gut is telling me from what I am hearing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Tua contract will start at 50 mil easily.  They also have a ton of contributors on rookie deals.  Should be interesting

Absolutely the best case scenario for the Bills. This will screw the Dolphins for a long long time. He doesn't have the talent level of the other AFC QBs and at some point Hill will retire or hit a wall and they'll have no one to replace him

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

That is what they Should do as well.  But gonna have to get the cap space somewhere.  Already kicked Hills contract once (This year) will likely do it again next year adding 2 void years to take advantage of the 5 year max restructure rule. 

cap jail for Miami would be awesome

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.