McD much better D coordinator than Frazier

TwistofFate

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As much as I criticize Sean, today he coached like a HOFer.  His schemes and calls were absolutely brilliant.  Well done....

I get the sense that he should have been playing to this strength all along but he was a new HC who the organization probably figured was better off delegating.  Which is logical and yet sometimes you have to embrace what you’re best at.

• Like (+1) 1

As a defensive coordinator McDermott is proving his worth. He could still use an assistant to make challenge and time mgmt. decisions. The decision to not challenge the third down play where Tua came up short was head-scratching. If you make them go for it on fourth down backed up in their end or punt to start the half would have been huge. Instead they went down and scored again. Bills played great anyways but I’d like to see him have some help there while he’s focusing on the next call. 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I think maligning Frazier post hoc is bad juju.  He was and is a gentleman who gave it his all.

You know how it goes here though.  

I'm scratching my head a little bit.  Through four games this season and last, we've allowed 55 points this season, 58 last season, but over 100 total yards more per game than last season.  That's a lot.  Our losses at 3-1 were similar, to the @Jets this season, to the @Fins last season.  In both cases we outplayed the opponent but lost.  The talk about our defense over the first half last season was similar.  

It also seems a little bit premature to draw the conclusion that McD's better than Frazier when McD so far is allowing the equivalent of over 1,700 more yards-per-season on average and a comparable PA.  Even today, good game, but I credit the O.  Miami logged nearly 400 yards of offense.   

We've come out swinging early in the season over the past couple of seasons.  

IMO we go as the offense goes.  On that note, right now it's averaging 34.75 PPG.  If that keeps up we'd end up with 590 points.  

I'm content overall but also hoping that it keeps up.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.