Family Values

SectionC3

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And whatever Bill Clinton did, I think the interesting thing here is this: in today's Trumpist Republican Party, is this even a disqualification for serving as VP?

Back in the highly entertaining Tucker Carlson thread, someone posted his Twitter show about the decline of traditional morality. What old Sen Moynihan called "defining deviancy down." Presumably Tucker thinks traditional values are important.

We know that doing an "adult film actress" sex worker is no longer a disqualifier, even when that happens right after your latest wife gave birth to your youngest son. 

How about a woman married for 30 years carrying on a years-long affair with a married man?

I suspect the new Republican Party doesn't care.

But if she had expressed support for a family member who is trans, that's it. They'd be done with her.

Interesting times in the Grand Old Party.

Bill Clinton sexually assaulted someone and then lied about it during the trial. That is why he was impeached and then disbarred. Any other story is a simple lie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Family values means nothing to Republicans as proven by who they have chosen as their leader. Trump thinks family values is about enriching his family to make it more valuable.

And pressuring his daughter too get her boobs done while lusting after her.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

13 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Bill Clinton sexually assaulted someone and then lied about it during the trial. That is why he was impeached and then disbarred. Any other story is a simple lie. 

Just for historical accuracy, he was not disbarred.

He lied under oath before a grand jury.

He was suspended from practicing law in Arkansas for five years.

He may have been disbarred from practicing before the US Supreme Court, but he resigned rather than face that.

He also paid over $850,000 in the Paula Jones case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

21 minutes ago, sherpa said:

He may have been disbarred from practicing before the US Supreme Court, but he resigned rather than face that.

yeah, like Frankish said...whatever he did.  It's hard to remember sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Family values means nothing to Republicans as proven by who they have chosen as their leader. Trump thinks family values is about enriching his family to make it more valuable.

Now this is rich, so to speak.  I guess he's got that in common with Joke.

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

∆. The ***** bird is so jelly.  

I learned another word today.  pretty sure I'll never use it.

elly

Urban Dictionary

https://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=jelly

To be jealous of another human or creature. "mang, you gots the new kanye cd?!....GUUUUUUURL i'm TOTALLY JELLY !" ... Get the jelly mug.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Real or fake?  Should we do a poll?  I vote fake...her frame is pretty small for those headlights.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/lauren-boebert-groped-beetlejuice-date-in-heavy-petting-session-before-getting-tossed-out/

Probably fake (my wife is the same way, except they're real, and they're spectacular).  And it was classless.  No excuse for that.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:02 PM, sherpa said:

Maybe I am ignorant of the legal terms, but what is difference between disbarred and suspended from practicing? I thought disbarment meant you couldn't practice law, is there more to it?

On 9/15/2023 at 5:45 PM, BillStime said:

Hoax.

Of course it is, because lying under oath is something you do when you are innocent. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And it was classless.  No excuse for that.

Great!   So you can see how the Left can think the right being the party of traditional or family values is largely a joke right?  Hers is an extreme example but there are plenty others.

Seems like some on this forum get really defensive when facts come out on misbehaviors from their team.

• Awesome! (+1) 2