How To Fix The Bills Permanent Revenue Competitive Disadvantage. How To Make More Muneeeee.

Casual fan

Q: What is NEVER a solution to ANY problem whether real or perceived?

A: More Canadians.

Edited by 4merper4mer

19 hours ago, Casual fan said:

Then they have much more money for facilities and coaches & nudge nudge wink wink side deals with players

This is utter speculation

bring your saw and scredriver and make it happen!  This is a solid plan that cannot fail!!!!!!  Just like the underwear gnomes!

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would build a huge roller coaster that goes up and over the stadium. 

I would put a roof on the stadium, that alone makes the building useful all year long for non football income opportunities, but hey, who wants that sort of thing when they can freeze their azses off to watch a few football games…, 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why can't Pegula do that right now...you know, without the rich Canadians buying Bills home tickets?

You will have to research the income of the different teams to know the answer to that. I am sorry but I won't do that for you, but it's pretty easy.

Also it would help if you go to or even look online at Gillette "Stadium". I put it in quotes because it has a very big complex built up all around it. Shopping, restaurants, a hotel, even a medical center, all generating money for Kraft year round.

He milks that location like a cow while Buffalo, who should be expert at milking our cows, (if you think about it) don't do that at all.

Giant everything, highway access, parking, electric service, infrastructure enough to accommodate 70,000 people in comfort, used 10 times per year.

It's like you built yourself an indoor gymnasium with a swimming pool and tennis court attached to your house, but only used it once a month.

21 hours ago, Lost said:

I am kinda amazed how we don't have a functional high speed rail system in the US yet.   I wouldn't mind hopping on a train from PA to WNY for weekend Bills games.  

It’s actually pretty disgusting that we don’t or that public transportation isn’t better as a whole. We certainly have the money. I would feel a lot better if my tax money was spent on resources people actually need. 

2 minutes ago, Casual fan said:

You will have to research the income of the different teams to know the answer to that. I am sorry but I won't do that for you, but it's pretty easy.

Also it would help if you go to or even look online at Gillette "Stadium". I put it in quotes because it has a very big complex built up all around it. Shopping, restaurants, a hotel, even a medical center, all generating money for Kraft year round.

He milks that location like a cow while Buffalo, who should be expert at milking our cows, (if you think about it) don't do that at all.

Giant everything, highway access, parking, electric service, infrastructure enough to accommodate 70,000 people in comfort, used 10 times per year.

It's like you built yourself an indoor gymnasium with a swimming pool and tennis court attached to your house, but only used it once a month.

Pegula has the means to pay guys under the table--if you're convinced that goes on.  That should be clear to you.  He doesn't want to. Who would he spend it on anyway?

Also, he doesn't want to spend his own money on a stadium megaplex, like Kraft did.  He obviously doesn't want to make that investment.  Take it up with him.

Also, I don't get your point about the railway and the stadium only hosting 10 events a year.   Pegula won't own the stadium anyway--he's a tenant.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pegula has the means to pay guys under the table--if you're convinced that goes on.  That should be clear to you.  He doesn't want to. Who would he spend it on anyway?

Also, he doesn't want to spend his own money on a stadium megaplex, like Kraft did.  He obviously doesn't want to make that investment.  Take it up with him.

Also, I don't get your point about the railway and the stadium only hosting 10 events a year.   Pegula won't own the stadium anyway--he's a tenant.  

"Take it up with him." He doesn't take my calls.

And if he did he might not like it any better than you do. His expertise is fracking. My expertise is....more general, less well defined.🙂

"Pegula won't own the stadium anyway--he's a tenant." Sure. But say you have a store in a mall. You rent the space you don;t own it. But still wouldn't more business be good for you?

In a nutshell I am not comfortable staking the long term future of the Bills on the willingness of billionaires to make less money.

We got very lucky that Ralph found Terry Pegula who was willing to keep the team here in what Since1981 said is the 78th largest city.

I'd rather not count on that happening again.

Also the commercial ideas I put are just spitballing potential ideas.

My main wish is that they build the very short track, it's less than a mile of track, to make it so people can ride the train to the games.

You need a mile of track, a switch, and a train platform.

They do that and then see if they can coax more people from Toronto & Niagara Falls & Rochester & Syracuse to come for games & buy season tickets or a few events or concerts.

Then if they do you start to build on it and try different things.

That's all. Just build the little spur line and see what happens and what you can do with it.

The track goes right by the stadium! Why not?

19 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Key words used to. Railroads are very different today than they were even 10 years ago. Consolidation of class 1s has led to shareholder profits being the driving force of all decision making (the increase in train accidents due to slashing maintenance of way budgets is not coincidental)

That has become the norm for almost all aspects of today's world, not just railroads.

46 minutes ago, Casual fan said:

My main wish is that they build the very short track, it's less than a mile of track, to make it so people can ride the train to the games.

They do that and then see if they can coax more people from Toronto & Niagara Falls & Rochester & Syracuse to come for games & buy season tickets or a few events or concerts.

An issue is the train track spur is coming from is not like a public road and if the owner does not want to allow this use of track on Sundays and probably more important other days there is no possibility.   Not sure the state can use Eminent domain to force company to allow spur since they would have to continue to operate it and adjust schedules / contracted customers schedules.

Excerpts from https://www.dot.ny.gov/divisions/operating/opdm/passenger-rail/passenger-rail-repository/2023 NYS Rail Map.pdf

Inter-city passenger service:

image.png.5c49d4b8fd7db04c4c053b08be6f32fb.png

Railroads in New York State

image.png.8a967a5dac53c2a33fffb702a50e01d5.png

3 hours ago, Casual fan said:

"Take it up with him." He doesn't take my calls.

And if he did he might not like it any better than you do. His expertise is fracking. My expertise is....more general, less well defined.🙂

"Pegula won't own the stadium anyway--he's a tenant." Sure. But say you have a store in a mall. You rent the space you don;t own it. But still wouldn't more business be good for you?

In a nutshell I am not comfortable staking the long term future of the Bills on the willingness of billionaires to make less money.

We got very lucky that Ralph found Terry Pegula who was willing to keep the team here in what Since1981 said is the 78th largest city.

I'd rather not count on that happening again.

Also the commercial ideas I put are just spitballing potential ideas.

That's all. Just build the little spur line and see what happens and what you can do with it.

The track goes right by the stadium! Why not?

Because fans have little trouble getting to the stadium by car.  The games sell out.  There are doubtless many people who head to the stadium just for the tailgating and don't even have tickets. What "more business" there?  Your rail spur would cost money to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

As for making money--the Bills provide Pegula a risk free massive return on his investment and a steady income stream.

As for using the stadium for other events, the owners of the stadium are free to book any event that will go there--exactly as they do now. They are free to fill it with "more business" if they can.  The truth is there are few large stadium events to book.  No one is going to build "a mall" out there.  Malls are terrible investments---dead.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because fans have little trouble getting to the stadium by car.  The games sell out.  There are doubtless many people who head to the stadium just for the tailgating and don't even have tickets. What "more business" there?  Your rail spur would cost money to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

As for making money--the Bills provide Pegula a risk free massive return on his investment and a steady income stream.

As for using the stadium for other events, the owners of the stadium are free to book any event that will go there--exactly as they do now. They are free to fill it with "more business" if they can.  The truth is there are few large stadium events to book.  No one is going to build "a mall" out there.  Malls are terrible investments---dead.

Ok. I'll put you down as "undecided".

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.