Remember these Beasley receptions?

Rich Stadium Original

Somebody who reviews game footage can confirm, but it seems to me the Jets played a pretty soft cover 2 last night, taking away the long ball and double covering anything deep (see 2 ints.)

Teams have done this in the past, but I seem to remember Beasly in the slot running about an 8 yard pattern around the hashes and just setting up--had a great knack for finding the soft spots.

If the longer ball wasn't there, he was the go to guy..kept many drives alive by going 2nd or 3rd and short. Thought Kincaid was supposed to be that role (a la Kelsey).but it never happened..Was it just a matter of Allen ignoring that option, or was it not even in the route tree last night?

3 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Somebody who reviews game footage can confirm, but it seems to me the Jets played a pretty soft cover 2 last night, taking away the long ball and double covering anything deep (see 2 ints.)

Teams have done this in the past, but I seem to remember Beasly in the slot running about an 8 yard pattern around the hashes and just setting up--had a great knack for finding the soft spots.

If the longer ball wasn't there, he was the go to guy..kept many drives alive by going 2nd or 3rd and short. Thought Kincaid was supposed to be that role (a la Kelsey).but it never happened..Was it just a matter of Allen ignoring that option, or was it not even in the route tree last night?

Kincaid was an option on 4 plays. Not sure if he open, covered or ignored on the others.  All 22 should help

I think he’ll play that role and play it well. Just underutilized. 4 targets.  4 catches.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills and Josh Allen need to understand Gabe Davis is not a 2nd option. Forget about him. Build passing games around Diggs and Kincaid starting this week.

it's hard to have your number 2 read as an outside wr against an aggressive defense without having underneath routes.

the problem is not simply davis, it's where he plays and how he fits our offense.

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Kincaid was an option on 4 plays. Not sure if he open, covered or ignored on the others.  All 22 should help

I think he’ll play that role and play it well. Just underutilized. 4 targets.  4 catches.  

On one of those receptions, the guy in coverage flat out stopped and knocked Kincaid down.  Kincaid picked himself up and made the catch anyway.

I suspect that all-22 is going to show that Kincaid was out-physicaled on a number of routes.

Knox had a good low throw go through his hands.

I was pissed about that push-off call on Diggs because I thought the Jets DBs were playing us very physical and "handsy", which of course is "part of the game".  But if the refs are going to adopt a "let them play" approach, then let them play consistently. 

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

it's hard to have your number 2 read as an outside wr against an aggressive defense without having underneath routes.

the problem is not simply davis, it's where he plays and how he fits our offense.

Some Truth.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was hay to be made there but Allen bypassed it multiple times

I couldn't pick that out from the television coverage, but I thank you for that.

I said elsewhere, the biggest problem was between Josh Allen's ears.

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Beasley is was exceptional at finding the open spots in coverage. 

FIFY

You do know Beasley is currently on the practice squad of a team that just got its butt whupped 40-0?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was hay to be made there but Allen bypassed it multiple times

Allen's deep ball will get there when we successfully put two guys where they belong. Knox on the outside flat and Kincaid wherever we can get him. If we can make this offense something that can and WILL attack an entire field than we can be successful with Davis as an outside number 2 read because DB's are going to be turning their heads

Side note...Kincaid makes me fascinated. If I'm Dorsey I have him running deep seam routes splitting safety. Make the defense account for him as an unknown.

dalton was open (and obviously so) several times, including on two of the horrible allen turnovers.

allen just needs to NOT force the ball downfield, especially to trash like davis (i can live w the odd ball forced to diggs) and we walk away nice and easy.

42 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

I don't want to oversimplify anything until I can really see what happened...But my best guess to all of everything concerning Josh is one word... Daboll... 

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

FIFY

You do know Beasley is currently on the practice squad of a team that just got its butt whupped 40-0?

I'm surprised he's even on a PS. 

Does what you added alter the point in any way, shape, or form?  

That's the important thing.  :) 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

On one of those receptions, the guy in coverage flat out stopped and knocked Kincaid down.  Kincaid picked himself up and made the catch anyway.

I suspect that all-22 is going to show that Kincaid was out-physicaled on a number of routes.

Knox had a good low throw go through his hands.

I was pissed about that push-off call on Diggs because I thought the Jets DBs were playing us very physical and "handsy", which of course is "part of the game".  But if the refs are going to adopt a "let them play" approach, then let them play consistently. 

Some Truth.

I couldn't pick that out from the television coverage, but I thank you for that.

I said elsewhere, the biggest problem was between Josh Allen's ears.

FIFY

I think that was knox iirc

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.