Connor McGovern Injury ????????????????

Riverboat Ritchie

Erik Turner from Cover 1 is someone that doesn’t really publicize his information but I find that more times than not, he’s correct.   He has sources w/ the team 

He said to expect Williams to miss some time and that Edwards should be fill in admirably.  

I’m thinking McDermott announces him as “week-to-week” tomorrow.  Though it should be interesting to see if they put him on PUP

https://x.com/erikjturner/status/1694839455645946023?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

Edited by JohnNord
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Erik Turner from Cover 1 is someone that doesn’t really publicize his information but I find that more times than not, he’s correct.   He has sources w/ the team 

He said to expect Williams to miss some time and that Edwards should be fill in admirably.  

I’m thinking McDermott announces him as “week-to-week” tomorrow.  Though it should be interesting to see if they put him on PUP

https://x.com/erikjturner/status/1694839455645946023?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

I like what I’ve seen from Edwards when he’s in. All-pro? No, but seems like a solid backup. 

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

My work career isn't relevant, or remotely comparable.

Pretty sure it works that way across the board in all areas of life...the longer you do something, the more you learn and the better you get at it.  It's not rocket science.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty sure it works that way across the board in all areas of life...the longer you do something, the more you learn and the better you get at it.  It's not rocket science.

If I was to  get hired for a top position,  in a top organization,  with an incredible team to work with,  paid a high salary, in the best corporation in the world... I would be expected to perform at a high level from day 1. 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If I was to  get hired for a top position,  in a top organization,  with an incredible team to work with,  paid a high salary, in the best corporation in the world... I would be expected to perform at a high level from day 1. 

Dorsey's stats last year across the board were better than Daboll's last year here.  If that's your first year on the job, that's a pretty damn good floor to have. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do you think he's better than Dabol?

The question was intended for Big Turk but I'll step in with an answer...

No.  I think our offense would have been better last year with Daboll, particularly in the second half of the season where Dorsey seemed to become predictable and unimaginative.  Plus, if Daboll would have stayed, we still would have had Dorsey.  I would have preferred to keep both of them rather than just one.

However, last season was Dorsey's rookie year as a OC.  Many/most OCs get better with experience.  Let's hope Dorsey follows that trend.  

Daboll is a good coach - not just at scheming passing attacks but at team- and culture-building too.   But he wasn't generationally, heads-and-shoulders-above-his-peers good.  For example, he was better with QBs than RBs.  Despite Motor's solid YPC, Daboll didn't seem to know how to use RBs.  We couldn't count on our RBs in short-yardage situations, couldn't sustain a drive on RB runs, and didn't successfully integrate the RBs into the passing game.  

I have no reason to believe Dorsey will be better in these areas, but I do hope anyway because I'm a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.