As a Bills fan of the NFL, what keeps your fandom?

Milanos Milano

Why are you a fan of professional football?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you a fan?

• Winning (Super Bowl)
    • Entertainment
    • Just having a team to cheer for
    • I have nothing better to do

14 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So based on the average of your expectations of this season your over/under would would be 8-9 wins? Josh Allen will win you 8-9 games by himself. I'd put a whole lot of money on the over if I could place a bet on that over/under. They could sleepwalk through the season and get 8-9 wins. 

Your expected ceiling for the team is my expected floor(10 wins) my ceiling is 13 wins. One thing Buffalo has done well since 2019 is getting alot of wins in the first 6-7 games and the last 5-6 games of the year. I don't see that changing.

Many experts and media pundits are predicting a similar outcome for the Bills this year, especially those on the Jets/Rogers bandwagon.

Also I do agree that they may be able to follow a similar formula and get off to a decent start this year, but that 2nd half schedule is tough to find more than a few wins especially given McD's record on the road/against playoff teams in regular season.

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Many experts and media pundits are predicting a similar outcome for the Bills this year, especially those on the Jets/Rogers bandwagon.

Also I do agree that they may be able to follow a similar formula and get off to a decent start this year, but that 2nd half schedule is tough to find more than a few wins especially given McD's record on the road/against playoff teams in regular season.

You said this last year.

image.thumb.png.adaadb017e6bf13f670628d9e8842941.png

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said this last year.

image.thumb.png.adaadb017e6bf13f670628d9e8842941.png

and that's not even the most ridiculous thing he posted.  every year with his predictions, and every single year he ends up being wildly wrong.  you'd think he'd change the approach, but some have more trouble learning than others.

• Like (+1) 1

I just want one damn championship!!!! ONE before i die! LOL I will admit i am more a Sabres then a Bills fan. Watching 4 straight SB losses does something to you and your fandom. Still love them, and root for them, but rather watch the Sabres play as i LOVE hockey and only like football. Still a fan and root every week, and hoping for a SB win in my lifetime. 

It’s all about Buffalo and my stupid pride in that place. The second the Bills move, I will not have a team to care about. I don’t get how Raiders fans do it. 

The players move too quickly so i don’t really get invested in them but it’s always about the Buffalo. I love football to much to just quit it (fantasy and gambling are fun) but it would never hit the same. I love Buffalo vs. everyone. 

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes and what's the point?

This was a pretty accurate statement in hindsight....

Whoops...screen shot the wrong one.

image.thumb.png.078a1caacc28ff510c1c5a360ec994ec.png

42 minutes ago, teef said:

and that's not even the most ridiculous thing he posted.  every year with his predictions, and every single year he ends up being wildly wrong.  you'd think he'd change the approach, but some have more trouble learning than others.

I screen shot the wrong one.  He was loving the Raiders last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:58 PM, Araiza Curse said:

Sometimes I feel like the coaches and players do not care about the game of football and winning as much as the fans do. A lot of these players simply enter the league to collect a high paying job and playing a sport they love is 2nd place. 

Some fans love it for the simplicity of being entertained, even if they don’t win. It’s something to do on Sunday to pass the time and enjoy the community bond. 

As a fan of anything in life, I’m competitive, I just want to be dominant and the best I can possibly be at anything I do. Sure some entertainment does come from it, but it’s not the priority, its a byproduct of just wanting to win it all. 

I think fans like me will eventually lose interest at some point and revert back to more “pure” sport competitions that still have the spirit of winning and dominating and not something to just go through the motions to collect a check. I think it is why a lot of fans enjoy more college and HS sporting events than professional events. 

As a fan of the Bills, do you take it to personally like I do? Does being a perennial loser eat away at your fandom? Especially knowing that some players just seem to not really care about winning? I don’t think it’s the losing so much that bothers me (it does, but that isn’t the heart wrenching part of being a Bills fan). It’s possibly knowing that players aren’t giving 100% to win because they don’t care as much as fans do. Which sometimes gives off the impression that the NFL is fake or not worthy of following anymore. 

I’ve been a Bills fan all my life, and it’s sometimes really disappointing. Especially when you know you have an elite talent at QB that doesn’t come around very often. Then you begin to wonder if the team will ever win, and then you start questioning is it because of incompetence or just going through the motions of collecting money. 

Bills fans that are just in it for the entertainment likely don’t take the game as personally as I and other Bills fans do that prioritize winning above entertainment. That would explain why some fans lash out more often than other fans do. Then you start questioning each others fandoms and it spirals into a mess. 

It would be nice to have some of y’all to discuss how you feel about all of this. 

I’m thinking that you have issues that you will never resolve, but I suspect you know this. Sporting events are a reason to hang with friends and carry on for a couple hours, they don’t exists to be a barometer for one’s emotional well-being, sounds like you need a 2nd hobby real bad. Nuthin but luv 😁👍🍺

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

you could really pull a number of posts like this to prove your point.   if at some point in the season miami and the bills have a similar record, (which is likely) you know were going to hear his miami hype.  how many years in a row has he done this to be proven wrong.  it's always a schtick with him.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

It can't be that bad. He's owned KC lately during the regular season. Last time we lost to them in the regular season Josh had just separated his left shoulder and had to wear a harness.

Last year they were 3-2 against playoff teams in the regular season. A 2 point loss to Miaml in the Sauna Bowl with half the starting lineup out by the end of the game. And a 3 point loss in overtime to the Vikings which was Josh's 1st game after suffering the UCL injury. It wasn't just the about being injured during the game the injury also prevented Josh from practice during the week.

Either way neither of those losses can be put on McDermott. Against Minnesota Josh was injured and had a bad game. With the entire secondary out against Miami and then Benford going down in the 2nd quarter and holding Miami to 21 points(1 td was an 8 yard drive after an Allen fumble) one could argue the only reason we were in that game was because of McDermott & Frazier. 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've never claimed to be a football genius and 100% right, but unfortunately my last major 'prognostication' was spot on (Bills barely beating Dolphins in playoffs and getting smashed by the Bengals).

This is why I'm still hesitant to post my official 2023 predictions because I can't shake the bad feeling about this team even though I really want another to watch another solid campaign that ends with at least another trip to the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've never claimed to be a football genius and 100% right, but unfortunately my last major 'prognostication' was spot on (Bills barely beating Dolphins in playoffs and getting smashed by the Bengals).

This is why I'm still hesitant to post my official 2023 predictions because I can't shake the bad feeling about this team even though I really want another to watch another solid campaign that ends with at least another trip to the playoffs.

Your name has Beast in it and you're scared to post a prediction.  

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Your twitter posts say otherwise:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.