Question do starters play next week?

AuntieEm

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Yes

I understand your hesitation. I really do. 
I simply do not agree that is significantly more injury risk from playing a couple extra quarters than there is practicing, or conditioning or being in the weight room.

The worst injuries are non-contact injuries.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I get it. You're concerned that more playing time will mean more injuries. 

Ironically less playing time can also lead to more injuries once they start playing. They’re going to happen when they happen, can’t live in fear of them.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I understand your hesitation. I really do. 
I simply do not agree that is significantly more injury risk from playing a couple extra quarters than there is practicing, or conditioning or being in the weight room.

The worst injuries are non-contact injuries.

And lack of practice can be cause of injury as you get your reflexes and reactions back in shape via practice.  Get idea on the field conditions and other small details that still can impact performance and make needed adjustments  even as small as having the right cleats for field conditions.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

You want to give them the game off but have they earned it? I'm not sure I want Allen out there or any of our starters yet if they are really this ill prepared then seems they need the work more than more time off.  

Both of the lines definitely need the reps to sharpen up their games, but I suspect that the starters won’t see many snaps. 

Only rookies like Kincaid & Torrence should be starting and briefly at that. We already know what Josh Allen can do going into his 6th year. McDermott would get absolutely crucified if Allen took some unnecessary hit and got carted off the field (knock on wood x100.) I just really don’t see the upside of starting anybody who’s not in a position battle. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

On 8/19/2023 at 11:06 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Give them a drive or two to atone for what happened tonight. I don’t like going into the Jets game with that sort of sloppiness the last time they took the field. 

Speaking of the Jets, Saleh announced that Rodgers will play this Saturday vs the Giants. If anything, he should have played this past Saturday when they had the starters in for a while. Aaron gets to play with a bunch of scrubs this week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.