Any Breakout Stars This Year?

ToGoGo

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Andy Isabella is a blue collar guy. He works hard. Isabella is a high IQ guy. He’s tough. He is quicker than fast. Isabella is sneaky athletic. He brings his hard hat and lunch pail to work everyday. Isabella is the kind of scrappy, high motor gamer that the Bills have been lacking since Beasley went to the Giants. He has heart and the intangibles that this team needs. Isabella is a gritty winner that’s willing to get his hands dirty. He has heart and passion. Isabella will outwork the other 52!!

James Cook is the best breakout candidate. 

We need to stop overreacting the the preseason. Harty is an explosive playmaker that has made plays in the NFL. He’s a big play waiting to happen. Harty is what we wanted McKenzie to be. Relax

His body of work in the NFL is minimal. He seems to be mostly “potential” to with no track record of consistent success.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not going to count rookies in this, because hard to call them breakouts with a baseline to breakout from.  But I will give honorable mention to both Kincaid and O'Cyrus who I think will both have significant contributions this season to the team.  

• McD - I think this defense is going to be more aggressive and like I said before might even lead the AFC in sacks.  Since arriving in Buffalo, Hughes has played 10 seasons...5 with Frazier and 5 without (4 before and then last year in Houston).  Under Frazier, Hughes averaged 4 sacks a season, without Frazier it was double at 8.  I really think McD is going to show his defensive prowess this year and this defense will play with more bite than it has ever before.  

I think you can count rookies, their baseline is zero.  So, I vote Kincaid!

Kincaid - I think Shakir's drop further opened the door for more Kincaid.  The secrecy of the lack of preseason reps is intriguing to me.  I think one completion with the first team and Kincaid is out for the rest of the Pitt game with a starting and integral role secured.  It's possible Kincaid gets a large role right from the start, the Jets on Monday night.  They won't know what hit them.  You mention fantasy football, Kincaid has 50/50 chance of being a top 5 TE in 2024.

Dorsey - last year Dorsey was under the continuity directive.  This year Dorsey gets to put his imprint on the offense.  Like to see a huge role for Kincaid, using 12 personnel more than ever here, more balance with the run, and having Josh take a more insertive role - calling plays and going no-huddle.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Andy Isabella is a blue collar guy. He works hard. Isabella is a high IQ guy. He’s tough. He is quicker than fast. Isabella is sneaky athletic. He brings his hard hat and lunch pail to work everyday. Isabella is the kind of scrappy, high motor gamer that the Bills have been lacking since Beasley went to the Giants. He has heart and the intangibles that this team needs. Isabella is a gritty winner that’s willing to get his hands dirty. He has heart and passion. Isabella will outwork the other 52!!

This can’t be real: 

https://x.com/matthewfairburn/status/1692862483566854346?s=46&t=aIi6rXjE4r9_s--847m7fQ

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s Rocky and the other guys are just a bunch of Russians. 

Rocky did not win them all.  But he won a bunch. Including some championships.  Wes Welker / Julian Edmonson dreams dancing in my head. 

On 8/16/2023 at 12:08 PM, colin said:

james cook for players who played last year.

kinkaid for our new guys

isabela as a dark horse.  seems like he was over drafted, but speed kills.

I’ve seen a few spell Dalton’s name this way. Is it some sort of precursor to nicknaming him “kink”? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.