Former 1st round #12 pick Henry Ruggs: 3 to 10 yrs prison for drunk driving fatal crash

Beck Water

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

None of those things affect the variability they have on judgements. 

3-10 years?

Could've easily just gave him 10

I agree he should have gotten a much longer sentence.

I disagree that his sentence should be in part determined because he is a football player who has or could make a lot of money.  I interpreted what you wrote as saying his earning potential should increase his sentence.

Well 3 to 10 years isn't as long as I would sentence a person for this situation but I know it's not a walk in the park either. 

People drive thier car fast and under the influence that's a gamble I myself wouldn't make. You would think it would be something a person wouldn't want to do. 

I could care less if people do things that put their own life at risk but it's unfortunate this dude survived and an innocent person died.

The wrong person is buried in the ground. Well hopefully some one claimes dude and turns him into his boy. 

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree he should have gotten a much longer sentence.

I disagree that his sentence should be in part determined because he is a football player who has or could make a lot of money.  I interpreted what you wrote as saying his earning potential should increase his sentence.

Specifically, the duration that he has that earning potential. 

as if a running back could get a shorter sentence, cause they hit the wall sooner but la musician should be longer since they can play well into their old age. 

Apparently being a football player and earning potential works differently in Georgia. 

Jalen Carter got 12 months of probation, a $1,000 fine, 50 hours of community service, and his privilege to drive in Georgia was suspended for 4 months. More than four months before the fatal crash, Carter had been issued three traffic citations – including one for speeding at nearly twice the legal limit. Two people died. Carter was a highlight on SportsCenter today. 

• Angry 1

9 hours ago, Lfod said:

Well 3 to 10 years isn't as long as I would sentence a person for this situation but I know it's not a walk in the park either. 

People drive thier car fast and under the influence that's a gamble I myself wouldn't make. You would think it would be something a person wouldn't want to do. 

I could care less if people do things that put their own life at risk but it's unfortunate this dude survived and an innocent person died.

The wrong person is buried in the ground. Well hopefully some one claimes dude and turns him into his boy. 

Hoping for someone to get raped in prison is ***** sick dude

I would delete that post 

Psychopath vibes 

Edited by Buffalo716

The whole situation is terrible for everyone involved. Multiple young lives destroyed forever in the blink of an eye. 

Pretty ***** people would says ruggs is only sorry because he's losing a career and going to jail.  The truth of it is, he will think a lot about his actions leading to killing someone else. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.