Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

58 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

"Early morning raid" (read: service of arrest/search warrant) is normal practice.

Anyone making a threat against the President is going to get a visit from federal law enforcement. You should expect that. If you don't, you are a fool.

nobody is saying he shouldn’t be arrested or questioned. Literally nobody. Why can’t you understand this?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, aristocrat said:

nobody is saying he shouldn’t be arrested or questioned. Literally nobody. Why can’t you understand this?

As others have said, you have no idea of how he reacted when the FBI arrived.

You would agree that if he brandished a gun they were justified in shooting him?

What if he actually pointed a gun at them after they arrived yelling "FBI?"

You don't know the facts. I don't either. But his pattern of past behavior suggests that pointing a gun at them is certainly believable. 

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We had our own Fed intervention.  A frat did a Canadian beer night every week with some bros going to the brewers retail and buying many cases of beer and then reselling at the party for a profit.  They paid a visit and said "You can't do this":...."Stop NOW".

What?  They didn't perform a raid and execute them?  I don't get it.  

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You would agree that if he brandished a gun they were justified in shooting him?

You don't know the facts. I don't either. But his pattern of past behavior suggests that pointing a gun at them is certainly believable. 

So the cops had the right to kill George Floyd based on his "past behavior"   Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Different subject. Who here has said he shouldn’t be arrested or charged? Please point that out please 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Different subject. Who here has said he shouldn’t be arrested or charged? Please point that out please 

No, it’s not a different subject. This is all combined.

What is more believable that the FBI came in shooting an American citizen? Just because he didn’t like his politics.

Or

Whenever they knocked on his door, he raise the weapon and regrettably they had to use lethal force

• Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not what I asked 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What is more believable that the FBI came in shooting an American citizen? Just because he didn’t like his politics.

Or

Whenever they knocked on his door, he raise the weapon and regrettably they had to use lethal force

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Answer my question 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do I have a reading comprehension problem you keep on saying the same thing over and over again and people are trying to explain it to you

Clean out your ears

So you agree nobody here has said he shouldn’t be arrested? 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Or

But John, you said a couple pages back that the police are shooting unarmed men on the street every day.  

What’s more believable, roving assassination squads gunning down innocent civilians or the fact that each situation should be judged on facts of the case?  

Again, I asked about Ashli Babbit being unarmed and shot by a Capitol Police officer.  Does that fall into the category of justified shooting, though she was unarmed and extremely unlikely to pose any threat to a well-trained male police officer more than a few feet away? 

This situation can be addressed calmly and rationally by those in control of the decision-making, a full accounting of their actions and video that is surely available.  A neighbor has suggested they witnessed the FBI breaching the door with a battering ram, and pierced the front window of the home with a tactical vehicle.  If that’s true, it’s much more complicated than they engaged in a nice peaceful conversation and the guy drew his weapon.  

The lack of transparency at this point is a bit concerning, the lack of questions for seekers of truth in the media even more so.  This comes from the perspective of someone who aligns more with @The Frankish Reich than anything else.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Irv said:

The new Dem norm.  Political rival challenges you?   Send the DOJ to jail them.  Or better yet, send the FBI to execute them.  What a mess.   

Meanwhile the same thing happens to another guy, he fires at police and in returning fire they kill his GF, and it's riots and "defund the police!"

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Again, I asked about Ashli Babbit being unarmed and shot by a Capitol Police officer.  Does that fall into the category of justified shooting, though she was unarmed and extremely unlikely to pose any threat to a well-trained male police officer more than a few feet away? 

First, thanks for the shoutout in your response.

On Babbitt: yes, she was unarmed. But of course she also didn't go through security (nobody did, that was kind of the whole thing), and she did try to smash her way into the inner chambers, obviously ignored a law enforcement officer trying to stop exactly that, and she wasn't exactly a small woman all by herself. So a lot of this is after-the-fact second guessing of a law enforcement officer's decision that deadly force was warranted.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First, thanks for the shoutout in your response.

On Babbitt: yes, she was unarmed. But of course she also didn't go through security (nobody did, that was kind of the whole thing), and she did try to smash her way into the inner chambers, obviously ignored a law enforcement officer trying to stop exactly that, and she wasn't exactly a small woman all by herself. So a lot of this is after-the-fact second guessing of a law enforcement officer's decision that deadly force was warranted.

But no weapon, No physical threat.  

DC doesn't have stand your ground or castle laws.

or is there some other law/statue allowing lethal force for trespassing if a federal building?

Edited by Chris farley
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But John, you said a couple pages back that the police are shooting unarmed men on the street every day.  

What’s more believable, roving assassination squads gunning down innocent civilians or the fact that each situation should be judged on facts of the case?  

This situation can be addressed calmly and rationally by those in control of the decision-making, a full accounting of their actions and video that is surely available.  A neighbor has suggested they witnessed the FBI breaching the door with a battering ram, and pierced the front window of the home with a tactical vehicle.  If that’s true, it’s much more complicated than they engaged in a nice peaceful conversation and the guy drew his weapon.  

The lack of transparency at this point is a bit concerning, the lack of questions for seekers of truth in the media even more so.  This comes from the perspective of someone who aligns more with @The Frankish Reich than anything else.  

Babbit ignored direct orders to stop, and also, as she is climbing through a busted window, there is no way to tell if she is armed or not.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Was Ashli by herself that day?

56 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nobody threatened a president. We may have even toasted him with Bradors

Bradleys - can't believe I drank those things.  I tried one a half dozen years ago for the memories.  Almost barfed.