Training Camp Questions for those who've been already

Virgil

Hey everyone,

I'm heading to training camp this Wednesday and Thursday with the kid and had a few questions:

-How is the parking and shuttle situation?  I had zero issues with the shuttle when I went 5 years ago, but I've been told it's a lot different now.  I'm just wondering the best way to get into camp

-I know it's a long shot, but my daughter wants to try and get a few autographs.  I've seen the videos of kids meeting players, but it seems like they are in a special section.  Is there anything I need to know in advance to put her in the best position to meet players?

-Do they have the Bills Store setup there?  Daughter also wants to get a new hat

-Do they have a kids play area, similar to what they had in the practice house?  I know they brought it to training camp pre-COVID, but just curious if it's still there

Thank you in advance

Worth it to pay to park at someone's house across the street. The shuttle lines are super long and then it's a long drive. Was not worth it. We missed the beginning of practice and then it was a long wait again after practice

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Hey everyone,

I'm heading to training camp this Wednesday and Thursday with the kid and had a few questions:

-How is the parking and shuttle situation?  I had zero issues with the shuttle when I went 5 years ago, but I've been told it's a lot different now.  I'm just wondering the best way to get into camp

-I know it's a long shot, but my daughter wants to try and get a few autographs.  I've seen the videos of kids meeting players, but it seems like they are in a special section.  Is there anything I need to know in advance to put her in the best position to meet players?

-Do they have the Bills Store setup there?  Daughter also wants to get a new hat

-Do they have a kids play area, similar to what they had in the practice house?  I know they brought it to training camp pre-COVID, but just curious if it's still there

Thank you in advance

I took the shuttle the other day. The one I took was from Pittsford Mendon HS which is about 3.8 miles away and it goes through the village of Pittsford. WIth that being said imo it was very efficiently run. They had 3-5 shuttles deep at both the HS and SJF for just this satelite location (I believe Pittsford Southerland was the other location which is 1.8 miles away). I only waited on each bus what seemed like about 5 minutes. I did get there late and left early so that might have had something to do with it. If you can find a closeby lot on 96 and park there thats your best bet. Just have to get there probably like 20 minutes early and those lots should be open.

Autographs I do not really know any strategy. You probably just have to camp there the whole time to have a shot. 

I believe theres a Bills store.

They have some games for kids and like a game area I would say (for kids).

Have a goodtime!

Shuttle is $1 when you get on the bus the way there and free on the way back. I gave the guy a $10 and he was able to make change.

• Like (+1) 1

Parking/Shuttle: I parked at Sutherland, arrived at 8:15.  Line was already fairly long, and we got on the 5th or 6th bus.  Got to practice by approx 9am

Autographs: same boat, my son was hoping too but it's extremely difficult.  Ask about "mafia tix" when you bump into ppl working there, there is a special area behind the bleachers (these tix are randomly handed out, from what I was told).  Otherwise, lining up along the fences is best chance, sometimes players will stop over (far sideline OR field behind bleachers). VIP area is closest, and best chsnce for autographs, as you said.

Bills store: yes, they have 2 stores setup.  One right as you enter and second one is along the end zone (right side).  Hat options, I didn't look specifically but selection was just OK for everything else.  Obviosily much better at 1 Bills Drive store (we actually stopped there on way home)

Kids area: yes, they have several games/activities set up.  Face paint/tattoo Station, and the Billy Buffalo meet opportunity is cool for kids.  Get in line immediately when you arrive for that, best chance for a pic

Have fun!

• Like (+1) 1

Good question on the store.  They used to have a larger store in a makeshift building that you entered through.  However last year the "store" was relegated to a few of those small trailer stands.  Hopefully it goes back to the latter.  I dont go

Until next Sunday, so im not certain

Edited by Bills fan since 87

37 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Good question on the store.  They used to have a larger store in a makeshift building that you entered through.  However last year the "store" was relegated to a few of those small trailer stands.  Hopefully it goes back to the latter.  I dont go

Until next Sunday, so im not certain

The store was gone the other day. Just a few trailer stands. Well, the one right when you enter isn’t really a trailer but it’s set up like one. Either way, it’s not a large air conditioned store like they used to have. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance

Who invented liquid soap...and why??😎

• 2 weeks later...

Going with my son tomorrow and haven't been up in about 6 or 7 years.  For anyone who's been already - do you think there will be parking at the houses across the street at around 9ish, or do those fill up quick?   And, that parking is on or around Fairport Rd?

1 hour ago, BillsCuse said:

Going with my son tomorrow and haven't been up in about 6 or 7 years.  For anyone who's been already - do you think there will be parking at the houses across the street at around 9ish, or do those fill up quick?   And, that parking is on or around Fairport Rd?

The houses directly across fill up closer to 8:30 - there are houses in the neighborhood behind that might have room after

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Arrived at Pittsford Sutherland at 8:40a for the shuttle.  There’s a pretty big line.  I’d say we are 5 shuttles back.  

I would say you wanted to be here by 8a for the first 8:30 shuttle 

That's why I said I always get there around 7:45.  And that's Mendon, which is a farther away.

I’m hesitant to say this, but…..

I think the Bills should be more transparent about players signing autographs each day.  I understand that you can’t sign for every fan and that some fans are just trying to get sellable merchandise.  

However, when you’re at camp, the team has zero issue featuring and selling a ton of white panel footballs and helmets for player signatures.  Also, you can see kids literally sitting for two hours in areas around the fence, waiting for the end of practice.   Once practice was over, the secondary unused field had fans surrounding it, hoping players would come out.  Von Miller signed for a few kids, but only in the VIP area (which, how do you even get those?)

With that being said, I think the team should be more transparent about autographs.   If they players aren’t signing, put up signs so people are wasting money or time.   If they are signing, tell fans where and possibly who.  

Yes, camp is to get the team ready for the season, but it’s also for the fans.  I’m just asking that they acknowledge that a little and be honest up front.   Having a ten year old daughter, I think I did a good job of preparing her for not getting an autograph, but you could see a lot of kids utterly disappointed.  

There’s only 10 camp days all year?  Is having players sign for 30 min at the end of each day really that bad?  Or even rotating offense and defense?

I get that none of us are owed anything, but again, at least acknowledge the fans and what you know they are waiting/paying for 

Edited by Virgil

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.