Bills expected to sign Darrynton Evans, RB. (now signed to 1 year deal)

BuffaloBillyG

On 7/24/2023 at 4:00 PM, Heavy Kevi said:

I'm kind of shocked it's not Taiwan Jones

But I'm ok with it. Hines was likely to play a very small role outside of returning, and I would guess now we just take the ball at the 25 whenever possible this year. 

Dude ***** Taiwan Jones. That MFer just got in the way. I never noticed him unless he was massively screwing up 

• Disagree 1

Dude is all about the Civil War.  North/South runner with just enough wiggle.   Not expecting much but that's a nice highlight reel.  The other thing I liked is that he seemed to have a knack for making something out of broken plays.  Looks like he has some decent instincts. 

Will be a preseason favorite and then chill on the practice squad barring injury, but a good pickup nonetheless.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He was an exceptionally good special timer
But that’s not enough to keep him on a team in my opinion

It was when he was an exceptionally good Special Teamer. I don't think he was exceptional last year. Still good, not exceptional. He is also 34 and slowing down. 

I am at peace with the fact that almost all Bills fans will underrate Taiwan Jones's contribution. I think they were right not to bring him back again this year but as a Bill for 5 of the last 6 years he has been a very good player indeed. Unfortunately not many football fan really understand special teams play.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was when he was an exceptionally good Special Teamer. I don't think he was exceptional last year. Still good, not exceptional. He is also 34 and slowing down. 

I am at peace with the fact that almost all Bills fans will underrate Taiwan Jones's contribution. I think they were right not to bring him back again this year but as a Bill for 5 of the last 6 years he has been a very good player indeed. Unfortunately not many football fan really understand special teams play.

Could possibly also be because of the new rules?

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could possibly also be because of the new rules?

It could, but you are still gonna see Siran Neal on this team and they drafted Shorter in part to play teams. I think the Bills will still value it, at least until we see how this year plays out. I just think Taiwan wasn't quite the same player last year. 

14 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

Kinney's sneakers instead of Keds for me

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Middle class until your parents discovered Liberty Shoes, Buffalo's finest purveyors of cheap footwear.  But with the inexpensive prices, you got canvas deck shoes in every colour imaginable. 🙄

I sported the Liberty Shoes (Union Rd) fake Adidas. They didn't play well in Woodstream Farms but they matched our polyester jeans.

9 hours ago, 27yanks said:

Looks like he was the recipient of excellent run blocking. Did he hit the ground once during that 5 minute highlight reel?

Pretty unimpressive if you ask me.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is not 34, quite the exaggeration there.  He is 25.  Not really a slowing down type age.

As to the overall signing, I like it.  Not because of this guy but because they are sticking to the overall strategy of going cheap on RB.  I am hoping the plan is to use remaining resources into an upgrade at WR2 during the season (barring no big injuries at other positions prior).

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

He is not 34, quite the exaggeration there.  He is 25.  Not really a slowing down type age.

As to the overall signing, I like it.  Not because of this guy but because they are sticking to the overall strategy of going cheap on RB.  I am hoping the plan is to use remaining resources into an upgrade at WR2 during the season (barring no big injuries at other positions prior).

He was talking about Taiwan Jones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.