Hollywood is collapsing

On 7/22/2023 at 2:42 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Shocking news! Billionaire on the management/ownership/production side says labor demands will kill the industry!

I've been kidding about struggling screenwriter and mentally unstable Deranged Rhino. All ye on that other board: what's his take on the strike? With the commie union out of self-interest or fear of being blackballed? Now's his big chance to step up to the plate!

Why don’t you join that board and ask him yourself?   

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He has discussed it at length and offered behind the scenes information 

Everyone here is invited to come over and see. That particular thread is in the open news and comment section. 

49 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Umm, never been but I'm guessing it's a bunch of MAGA morons.  Here we have some smart people...MAGArons...kinda catchy no?

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He has discussed it at length and offered behind the scenes information 

Everyone here is invited to come over and see. That particular thread is in the open news and comment section. 

No thanks.  I've heard he's looney tunes.

Edited by redtail hawk

26 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Umm, never been but I'm guessing it's a bunch of MAGA morons.  Here we have some smart people...MAGArons...kinda catchy no?

No thanks.  I've heard he's looney tunes.

Really ?

You are really going to accept the biased opinions of low intelligence liberal posters here on this board, rather than check for yourself. 

Why am I not surprised. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This was my sense as well from everything I’ve been told about the movie.  

My kids said people were laughing at the ridiculousness of it - not taking it seriously and it came across as satire.  

I’ll probably end up watching it on demand with my wife.  Not at all because I want to I swear.  

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My kids said people were laughing at the ridiculousness of it - not taking it seriously and it came across as satire.  

I’ll probably end up watching it on demand with my wife.  Not at all because I want to I swear.  

How dare they make Ken into some kind of gay icon! Up till now he's lived for over 60 years as an honorable straight, platonic, post-gender reassignment surgery boyfriend to Barbie.

23 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I generally like Ben but this is truly sad on his part. This is not a movie trying to sell a lifestyle or anything, it is simply made to laugh at the absurdity of it all. As I write this my wife and 13 year old daughter are going to see it this afternoon so I might have more to report later.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why do I get the feeling that you have Breitbart playing whenever you try to go to sleep at night?

The post is about the story.

It can be seen everywhere.

The obsession here of discounting an article, because its from an "unapproved" site is hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And taking things in for your confirmation bias is also hilarious

John, you should realize that when someone posts a straightforward story about the Emmys being postponed,

and your response is to criticize the links "far right" source,

THAT is an example of YOUR bias.

bi·as   noun

1.prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

I hope this is helpful

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1