The “missing” GQP “Whistleblower” is a CHINESE SPY

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me see if I understand: The gist of this story is that the DOJ just indicted a guy for not registering as a foreign agent after that guy blew the whistle on another guy for not registering as a foreign agent? 

The lesson here is if you've got the goods on somebody in Washington, the last group of people on Earth you want to trust is the FBI. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The lesson here is if you've got the goods on somebody in Washington, the last group of people on Earth you want to trust is the FBI. 

Next thing we’re going to find out is that this whistleblower had nuclear secrets stored in a box in his garage, along with a baggie full of cocaine. 😉

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Next thing we’re going to find out is that this whistleblower had nuclear secrets stored in a box in his garage, along with a baggie full of cocaine. 😉

I did see this interesting fun fact. 

The whistleblower reportedly worked with CEFC-USA—the nonprofit arm of the Chinese energy conglomerate CEFC China—between 2015 and 2018, the same period CEFC-China began its influence operations with the Biden family.

1. He told the DOJ and the FBI in Brussels that Joe Biden, soon after his vice presidential term ended, had attended a meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC, with his son Hunter and officials from CEFC.
  2. His account of the former VP’s presence at that meeting was corroborated 21 months later when the FBI interviewed another attendee, Biden family associate Rob Walker, according to recent testimony before Congress.
  3. He disclosed during the Brussels interview that CEFC was paying $100,000 a month to Hunter and $65,000 to his uncle Jim Biden, in exchange for their FBI connections and use of the Biden name to promote China’s Belt and Road Initiative around the world — and that the money was being funneled through Walker.
  4. The most “alarming” information he shared in Brussels pertained to a mole in the DOJ who shared classified information with Hunter Biden and his Chinese partners.

Obviously, all of it should be immediately dismissed. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why does smell like the actions of a mafia/cartel crime family? Someone’s about to testify against the family, and poof, they disappear! You cannot tell me that if the DOJ know who this guy is that they also haven’t known about his registration status for months and months now. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

So no comment on this new pathetic development huh?   Just going to ignore the circus that is the party you support?  Cool.  

I can't comment yet because I have so few facts. The accusations of the arms deal is a big deal, the not registering as an agent of foreign government is hard to take seriously since so many people dont register but take funds 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

If you worried half as much about Trump's rejection of the rule of law as you do about this laptop this country would be in a much better place. 

TDS

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me see if I understand: The gist of this story is that the DOJ just indicted a guy for not registering as a foreign agent after that guy blew the whistle on another guy for not registering as a foreign agent? 

sure, nothing to see here:

https://www.newsweek.com/gal-luft-china-gent-trump-2016-james-woolsey-1812172

On November 13, 2016, after Trump had defeated Hillary Clinton in the presidential election, Luft and the Chinese oil executive exchanged emails about the potential role Woolsey could have in the new administration.

Luft said that Woolsey was in line for a role with secretary of defense, or secretary of homeland security. In response, the oil executive wrote that "[t]his side would like to see [Woolsey] assuming something with a 'China' profile," while adding that director of national intelligence "would be good." Luft replied that that role for Woolsey is "most likely."

Later in the email chain, CC-1 wrote that "may be you could reserve his 'direct' China link as the weapon of last resort."

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

"New development"

It isn't "new"

It isn't a "development"

But hey look @L Ron Burgundy is more than happy to lap it up like the useful idiot he is.

Which is also not a new development....

Yes.  What's curious is this indictment is from 2017 while the original post and tweets from various twits makes it seem like it happened yesterday.  So suddenly the order is sent down to the mainstream media and social media machine to charge up and communicate a 6 year old story.  The timing is rather coincidental to other whistler blowers coming forward.  It says the Biden's and their protectors have abandoned the denial strategy and are now forced into fire fighting.  A kill the messenger approach perhaps both literally and figuratively for now.  What was it on another thread, "the walls are closing"?  Start the countdown.  

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You win today's gold star for being first at tagging this to Trump.  But that Newsweek story is smoke and mirrors to divert attention from the main theme.  Biden's dirty.  You better find another candidate for 2024 because he's finished.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You win today's gold star for being first at tagging this to Trump. 

Woolsey was trump's national security advisor.  It is tied to trump.  You guys try so hard to defend this POS.  None of us here try to defend Hunter...yet you just keep bringing him up.

If this was a gov't plot to silence a whistleblower, wouldn't it be counterproductive to put the whistleblower on a national stage in court?  Smarten up...

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I did see this interesting fun fact. 

The whistleblower reportedly worked with CEFC-USA—the nonprofit arm of the Chinese energy conglomerate CEFC China—between 2015 and 2018, the same period CEFC-China began its influence operations with the Biden family.

1. He told the DOJ and the FBI in Brussels that Joe Biden, soon after his vice presidential term ended, had attended a meeting at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC, with his son Hunter and officials from CEFC.
  2. His account of the former VP’s presence at that meeting was corroborated 21 months later when the FBI interviewed another attendee, Biden family associate Rob Walker, according to recent testimony before Congress.
  3. He disclosed during the Brussels interview that CEFC was paying $100,000 a month to Hunter and $65,000 to his uncle Jim Biden, in exchange for their FBI connections and use of the Biden name to promote China’s Belt and Road Initiative around the world — and that the money was being funneled through Walker.
  4. The most “alarming” information he shared in Brussels pertained to a mole in the DOJ who shared classified information with Hunter Biden and his Chinese partners.

Obviously, all of it should be immediately dismissed. 

Good points.

Look, anti-Biden people are jumping to the conclusion that this is an attempt to silence a guy who has the dirt on the Bidens.

But ... maybe it does the opposite: this guy would know about Biden corruption because he himself is corrupt. You're not gonna find a squeaky clean source on any illegal activity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes.  What's curious is this indictment is from 2017

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us-attorney-announces-charges-against-co-director-think-tank-acting-unregistered

Luft was arrested in Cyprus 2/2023 then skipped bail...so, ya know, you're wrong.

seems like a mighty fine fella:

Second, LUFT conspired with others and attempted to broker illicit arms transactions with, among others, certain Chinese individuals and entities.  In his role as a broker or middleman, LUFT worked to find both buyers and sellers of certain weapons and other materials, without a license to do so as required under U.S. law, in violation of the Arms Export Control Act.  Among other things, LUFT worked to broker a deal for Chinese companies to sell certain weapons to Libya, including anti-tank launchers, grenade launchers, and mortar rounds (which LUFT and his associates referred to in coded language as “toys”).  LUFT also worked to broker deals for certain weapons to be sold to the United Arab Emirates, including aerial bombs and rockets.  LUFT further worked to broker deals for certain weapons to be sold by a Chinese company to Kenya, including unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”) – and specifically “strike” UAVs, which LUFT acknowledged “[t]he US doesn’t want to sell[, . . .] hence the opportunity.”  LUFT also discussed brokering a deal for weapons to Qatar and told CC-1 that Israel was “not a good fit” as the middleman for the deal because it had the “[s]ame problem the [] Q [i.e., Qataris] have w uncle [i.e., the United States].  Need a third party.  . . .  I will activate.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good points.

Look, anti-Biden people are jumping to the conclusion that this is an attempt to silence a guy who has the dirt on the Bidens.

But ... maybe it does the opposite: this guy would know about Biden corruption because he himself is corrupt. You're not gonna find a squeaky clean source on any illegal activity.

it's like the MAGA's don't think ahead one or 2 moves...

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us-attorney-announces-charges-against-co-director-think-tank-acting-unregistered

Luft was arrested in Cyprus 2/2023 then skipped bail...so, ya know, you're wrong.

Second, LUFT conspired with others and attempted to broker illicit arms transactions with, among others, certain Chinese individuals and entities.  In his role as a broker or middleman, LUFT worked to find both buyers and sellers of certain weapons and other materials, without a license to do so as required under U.S. law, in violation of the Arms Export Control Act.  Among other things, LUFT worked to broker a deal for Chinese companies to sell certain weapons to Libya, including anti-tank launchers, grenade launchers, and mortar rounds (which LUFT and his associates referred to in coded language as “toys”).  LUFT also worked to broker deals for certain weapons to be sold to the United Arab Emirates, including aerial bombs and rockets.  LUFT further worked to broker deals for certain weapons to be sold by a Chinese company to Kenya, including unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”) – and specifically “strike” UAVs, which LUFT acknowledged “[t]he US doesn’t want to sell[, . . .] hence the opportunity.”  LUFT also discussed brokering a deal for weapons to Qatar and told CC-1 that Israel was “not a good fit” as the middleman for the deal because it had the “[s]ame problem the [] Q [i.e., Qataris] have w uncle [i.e., the United States].  Need a third party.  . . .  I will activate.

And also excellent points.

Guy who knows U.S. law enforcement is onto him tries to turn himself into a whistleblower in a politically motivated prosecution.

We'll find out more as the case progresses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I can't comment yet because I have so few facts. The accusations of the arms deal is a big deal, the not registering as an agent of foreign government is hard to take seriously since so many people dont register but take funds 

TDS

Hoax.  I care about the constitution.  You should, too. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I care about the constitution.  You should, too. 

Hoax.  You care about protecting liberal politicians.

31 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

None of that, true or false, exonerates the Biden's from any accusations and factual accounts of their contacts and meetings with various Chinese contacts where they traded influence for money.

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Hoax.  You care about protecting liberal politicians.

None of that, true or false, exonerates the Biden's from any accusations and factual accounts of their contacts and meetings with various Chinese contacts where they traded influence for money.

Who said anything about exonerating the Biden's?  That's what is called....wait for it...a straw man.

Why would they want to put this guy on the stand when his defense attorney's questioning could reveal all kinds of potential dirt on the Bidens?

At this point, believe exactly the opposite of what your twitter propagandists spout.  You'll be right more often than wrong then.

Edited by redtail hawk

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Who said anything about exonerating the Biden's?  That's what is called....wait for it...a straw man.

Why would they want to put this guy on the stand when his defense attorney's questioning could reveal all kinds of potential dirt on the Bidens?

At this point, believe exactly the opposite of what your twitter propagandists spout.  You'll be right more often than wrong then.

You're implying that by playing kill the messenger.  And I'm not reading twitter but specifically what "propagandist" are you referring to?  The "safe and effective" narrative types?  Those propagandists? 

The guy gave the FBI everything they needed 6 years ago.  And like the laptop that statement got buried.  Until a couple weeks ago since he started making public statements about bribes and payoffs and suddenly it's news.  All these stories lead to the same ending.  If somebody provides the FBI with statements or material on somebody they're protecting it gets lost.  That's the real story.  Who is directing the FBI to run protection rackets for specific politicians?  Other than that and run entrapment operations I have no idea what they do.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Who is directing the FBI to run protection rackets for specific politicians? 

No one is.  !000's and 1000's of people from greatly different backgrounds and beliefs work at the FBI.  People that I know that worked there are salt of the earth, honest to a fault.  

As an aside ,let me give you an example.  or ignore.  I played in a 9 hole league with an agent on my team.  The course was between his home and office.  And he'd drive home first so he didn't divert agency resources.

He would never sign on to something like this.  He'd rather be dead.  This is a ridiculous conspiracy....and scan the thread for some twitter propagandists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Luft’s video appears to have moved the government to unveil the charges. Yesterday the government unsealed the indictment against Luft for acting as an unregistered foreign agent, trafficking in arms, violating sanctions against Iran, and making false statements to federal agents.

The government’s elaborate press release is posted here with the 8-count indictment attached. The indictment is undated. It is not clear to me when it was handed up or how long it has been under seal.

Reading the indictment, I can only imagine what the government could have done with Hunter Biden and the Biden family business if it had been so inclined. However, the government is not so inclined, and we are also left to imagine the wrongdoing committed by the government to cover those charges up and the coverup is ongoing.

Luft himself anticipated my guilty thoughts in this pointed tu quoque in his video: “Why am I being indicted … for ghostwriting an innocuous article for which I received no payment, let alone from a foreign government, when the mother of all FARA cases, the Bidens’ systemic influence-peddling on behalf of foreign governments, for which they raked [in] millions, goes unpunished?”

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/07/luft-indictment-unsealed.php

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1