Cancel all groomers

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It is insane.

I'm just pointing out that we, as a society, are all over the place on what age a kid has to be before being allowed to make decisions, including really bad ones.

Again I don't know how many made up "we" at the time.  I remember that and thought it was stupid and a tragedy waiting to happen and I was right.  You can't drive a car at least until you're 16 and that's just 2 dimensions.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Again I don't know how many made up "we" at the time.  I remember that and thought it was stupid and a tragedy waiting to happen and I was right.  You can't drive a car at least until you're 16 and that's just 2 dimensions.

Is your reading comprehension really that poor?

The phrase was, "we, as a society ..." What that kid did was evidently not illegal because there was a licensed pilot in the plane.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Is your reading comprehension really that poor?

The phrase was, "we, as a society ..." What that kid did was evidently not illegal because there was a licensed pilot in the plane.

This isn't wasn't what I remembered as I thought she flew solo so I watched the video.  You're right that she was with a pilot and there were dual controls so he could take over.  The issue there was bad weather and foolishly flying in it.  That's happened to JFK Jr. and many experienced pilots.

But this led to more restrictive limits on what children can do.  So if you're trying to tie this into gender-altering surgery, it's the opposite of what you may be arguing for.

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

This isn't wasn't what I remembered as I thought she flew solo so I watched the video.  You're right that she was with a pilot and there were dual controls so he could take over.  The issue there was bad weather and foolishly flying in it.  That's happened to JFK Jr. and many experienced pilots.

But this led to more restrictive limits on what children can do.  So if you're trying to tie this into gender-altering surgery, it's the opposite of what you may be arguing for.

Well, then, try these on for size. Many states set the minimum age of marriage at 16. Until very recently some were 13. 
And some states will require pregnant 12 year old girls to carry a fetus till conception and to give birth to a baby. That’s certainly a life altering event. 
Look, I’m making a simple statement here. Why 18 for sex change/gender reassignment surgery? For puberty blocking drugs? Why not 16? Or 14 with parental permission? Or, for that matter, 21?

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, then, try these on for size. Many states set the minimum age of marriage at 16. Until very recently some were 13. 
And some states will require pregnant 12 year old girls to carry a fetus till conception and to give birth to a baby. That’s certainly a life altering event. 
Look, I’m making a simple statement here. Why 18 for sex change/gender reassignment surgery? For puberty blocking drugs? Why not 16? Or 14 with parental permission? Or, for that matter, 21?

Good luck - the small government people cannot square this and will defer to talking points provided by their thought leaders Chris Rufo and Matt Walsh.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We can have a conversation about the age at which surgery is appropriate.  But the difference between most other restrictions and sex change is that sex change is irreversible.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

She died "doing what she loves." At age 7.

We as a society say it's fine to do certain life threatening/life changing things at an early age but not others.

we don’t know what causes someone to be trans but you seem to be damn sure the only cure is to get life altering surgeries. Shouldn’t we at least know the cause before we do the surgery? Shouldn’t surgery be done at a point where they are 100 percent sure that’s how they want to live? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...