The Pride Flag

On 8/2/2023 at 9:27 PM, Commsvet11 said:

Let me guess you are one of those people who think parents can make decisions for themselves aren’t you?

FIFY

On 8/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, B-Man said:

HE IS RIGHT. IF IT WERE APOLITICAL THEY WOULDN’T FIGHT FOR IT SO MUCH:  

People need to stop pretending Pride flag is apolitical.

The rainbow flag, often called the Pride flag, and the newer versions of it have been symbols of the LGBT community for some time time.

When people see the flag, they know what it means. In fact, most people know it means more than just LGBT.

The flag itself is a political statement.

That’s something workers at a California Cinnabon missed when they were told not to put such things up.

{snip}

What Reheis is doing is laying down that he doesn’t want his stores making political stances that might alienate customers, but for that, he’s being demonized by those same employees.

But the thing is, the Pride flags of various types aren’t apolitical. They’re not just “LGBT people, among others, welcome here.”

They’re reflective of a very particular political ideology, and their display at various stores explicitly states a political position that not everyone agrees with. As such, ordering their removal means making sure the store is welcoming to everyone.

“But it’s not welcoming to LGBT people,” some will argue. I call those people morons.

The truth is tons of LGBT folks walk into plenty of businesses that lack Pride flags and if they feel unwelcome because of that lack, that’s on them.

No, the Pride flag is little more than a symbol, not of supporting LGBT people but supporting LGBT politics, which can be very different. That flag means not just supporting, say, gay marriage but now supporting “gender-affirming care” for minors, among other controversial issues.

The flag isn’t apolitical, but it’s presented as if it is.

https://tomknighton.substack.com/p/people-need-to-stop-pretending-pride

So flying a pride flag is worthy of a killing but threatening a prez and showing up at you door w an AR is not...

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Q meets in a secret underground lair built in a hollowed out volcano and has a space laser at a moon base which they plan on using to attack liberal cities.

16% of Americans are idiot Q's...still.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Q meets in a secret underground lair built in a hollowed out volcano and has a space laser at a moon base which they plan on using to attack liberal cities.

It is well documented that there are crimes - nutty, preposterous crimes - committed by people who have been persuaded by QAnon and its mega-conspiracy ilk. From the guy who went in to Comet Pizza to find the children kept in the basement (there was no basement; there were no children) to this guy killing the lady over the Pride Flag.

I don't know when some of you [turns his gaze in the general direction of North Carolina] decided that the new rhetorical approach would be "QAnon? That's a liberal media hoax! Some of you are the same fawning supporters of the guy who posted - in all seriousness - 600 pages of "Q Analysis" before he was sent packing to his own little playground. Where some of you still gather to share in his in-depth analysis of how the Clintons, the Jesuits, child sex traffickers, and, of course, The Jews  run the world.

People have been killed over such stupidity. Your flippant denials are in poor taste.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

quoting black Israelites now? 

I guess that's a reference to a different/related wacko conspiracy theory. The classic deflection. "What about the black Israelites?" Well they didn't kill a woman for the sin of flying the Pride Flag. We'll talk about them if/when they do.

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why does this thread exist?

Why hasn’t @BillsFanNC commented in this thread lately?

Think Karen actually feels bad?

He was DR's enabler. His toady. His sidekick. Robin to his Batman. He renamed himself in honor of his exiled prophet.

I'm sorry the 600 page colossus of stupidity that was the "Q Analysis" thread was taken down, depriving me of the chance to confront some people here with their support of his vile nonsense. You may still find some headnodding in the secondary Deep State War thread if you care to peruse that cesspool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 8:27 AM, John from Riverside said:

There are in fact churches in the country that have Nazi flags. Did you not know this?

They claim tax exemptions, just like regular other churches do

Who wouldn't consider it a badge of honor to be insulted by this cretin?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

44d0b75e-b38d-4818-93c4-f30e9934bd34_465

LBGT vs. Muslims: Libs baffled to learn Islam is actually a religion. 

““If a Christian council had banned the Pride flag, liberals would have known exactly how to respond. Denounce the council for its queerphobic bigotry, and lead a furious protest march against heteronormative, patriarchal white supremacy. Simple.

Unfortunately, though, this council isn’t Christian. As a result, American liberals are being forced to contemplate an awkward dilemma.”

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/lbgt-vs-muslims?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1115457&post_id=137396777&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=9bg2k&utm_medium=email

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Ok, so maybe he's gay.  Maybe just Artsy.  But he can dance...and I wouldn't mind being twirled by his partner

Add homophobe to racist and anti Zionist. Sprinkle in some misogyny. That’s quite a resume you’ve got going. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Add homophobe to racist and anti Zionist. Sprinkle in some misogyny. That’s quite a resume you’ve got going. 

I was just sharing the return of Dancing with the Stars.  And I love Jason Mraz.  Adrian Peterson was pretty good too.  The pro dancers are amazing.  I love dancing.  lighten up Francis.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever