Five big AFCE questions

BillsFan619

12 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Pretty much this. But then I remember they beat us last year with Zack Wilson. Man, the regression the Bills had from 21 to 22 was a real thing. We wernt right last year regardless of circumstances, coaching, injury, etc. Hope they can fix that. 

Wait the regression from 11 - 6 in 2021 to 13 - 3 in 2022? Or do you mean the bad loss to the Jets in 2022 compared to the good loss to the Jags in 2021?  Or are you talking about the blowout loss to Indy in 2021 compared to no blow out losses in the 2022 regular season?  The Bills went 1 - 1 in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022.

The only place where we "regressed" from 2021 was in the playoff loss to the Bengals versus the loss to the Chiefs in the Divisional round.  Everywhere else, from record to stats the 2022 Bills matched or exceeded the 2021 Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

My totally unbiased answers:

Here are the five questions the article asks:

1. How does Rodgers change the balance of power in the division? .... NO! the Bills are still #1
2. Is this now the most QB-rich division in the league? ..... The Bills' #17 carries this by himself!
3. Which QB is surrounded by the best talent? ..... Bills!

4. Which team has the best defense to shut down an elite QB? ..... Bills!

5. Which team helped itself the most in the draft? .... Bills!

I think on paper, this could all be true.

- We needed to keep Josh clean, what we did has great potential to do this. 

- We needed better offensive weapons. What we did, looks like we got some great pieces. Can it all come together? 

- We needed a more aggressive D. Watched a video of McD's D's when he was the DC. His D's 3rd down stop percentage was at lowest 14th best. Last year the Bills was 31st. We were awful on stopping teams on 3rd down. McD will call much more unconventional line ups and stunt/blitzs on 3rd then we have seen in awhile! This will help out so much. Fraiser was stubborn. Had to win with the front 4. But we didn't have the horses to compete there. This years D will look much better, even if it statistically is worse on paper, but it wont be that big of a drop.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I think these have to be the answer. I think the jets/ Miami/Buffalo are capable of winning any of the games played against each other now that Rodgers is in. Wilson's jets beat the Bills so anything is possible. 

Willing to say here Buf beat Buf against the Jets .. .Early Red Zone bonehead interception and missed 55 yd field goal took winning points off the board for Bills.  Plus allowing ZW run for a few long first downs.

1. How does Rodgers change the balance of power in the division? ... I don't fear Rodgers at this stage of his career. The Jets will Jets.
2. Is this now the most QB-rich division in the league? Depends who's better, MacCorkle or Jimmy G.
3. Which QB is surrounded by the best talent? Josh Allen

4. Which team has the best defense to shut down an elite QB? Buffalo

5. Which team helped itself the most in the draft? Buffalo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Defense is pretty volatile year to year. The idea that youll just take the 2022 Jets and add a quality QB isnt fool proof. Teams change, development isnt linear all the time so itll be interesting to see how things go with Sauce and Gardner in year 2 plus the team chemistry with new additions. You can find lots of evidence where QBs changing teams didnt work (including a HoFer from GB to NYJ) but you can also look at Manning and Brady for success stories. Time will tell.

As for the Dolphins, I would be a little bit worried about how Tua played down the stretch in addition to hit concussion history. Even when he played (except against us of course) he struggled from the Houston game onward. His averages from week 11-15 were 1-4, 54% comp%, 1.4:1 TD:Int, 85 QB Rating. So youve gotta hope McD has another trick up his sleeve because defense started to figure them out a bit.

Im not too worried about the Pats.

I think the Bills still win this division.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:18 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Would love your answers to these, Mafia.

1. How does Rodgers change the balance of power in the division?
2. Is this now the most QB-rich division in the league?
3. Which QB is surrounded by the best talent?

4. Which team has the best defense to shut down an elite QB?

5. Which team helped itself the most in the draft?

Here’s the original article if you’d like to read it:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36941173/aaron-rodgers-nfl-draft-impact-afc-east-2023

1. Aaron Rodgers is washed up at 40 years old makes no difference in the AFC East and the New York Jets don’t make the playoffs. Surprise AFC East Wildcard to many fans are discounting the New England Patriots as long as Bill Belichick is coaching they will be a contender. 

2. No it’s Josh Allen and the rest AFC East. AFC North and AFC West are better QB’s top to bottom. 

3. Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes.

4. Cincinnati Bengals 

5. Houston Texans no where to go but up in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.