Wing Specials in WNY?

That's No Moon

13 hours ago, Augie said:

We have to account for “wingflation”.  I can’t get a gallon of gas for $0.25 either. 🤷‍♂️

But for a while there it seemed like we had “super wingflation”. Like the Mortimer and Randolph had cornered the chicken wing market! 

Last year there was the largest outbreak of avian flu in U.S. history. 58 million chickens were killed to try to stop the spread. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Maybe it’s odd, but I don’t love the “jumbo” wings.

Agreed. The ones I get are a little bigger than the ideal size, but they're a great price and they still turn out good.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

EDIT: How many wings can you people eat?

I was in the Atomic XXX Hot Wing eating contest at last year's Wingfest at the stadium. I ate 14 wings in 7 minutes. 7 minutes was because the winner finished his pan of 25 wings in those 7 minutes. 

And just for comparison's sake, the winner of the National wing eating contest ate 250 wings in 12 minutes. Joey Chestnut came in 2nd with like 235 wings in those same 12 minutes. 

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

And just for comparison's sake, the winner of the National wing eating contest ate 250 wings in 12 minutes. Joey Chestnut came in 2nd with like 235 wings in those same 12 minutes. 

That's about 21 wings/minute, less than 3 seconds per wing. Using the strip method, you'd have to insert, strip, and swallow without chewing while reaching for the next wing.

I'll bet his gastroenterologist has a really nice boat. And someday, his cardiologist will too.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I was in the Atomic XXX Hot Wing eating contest at last year's Wingfest at the stadium. I ate 14 wings in 7 minutes. 7 minutes was because the winner finished his pan of 25 wings in those 7 minutes. 

🤢

Casey's in Brockport had 50 wings for $5.00 on Monday nights, circa 1984.  Also had $5.00 pitchers of Genny on Monday nights.

We knew the cook and he told us when we ordered, tell the waiter we wanted "sliced celery."  He knew that was us, and he'd pile on another 15-20 wings atop the 50.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Casey's in Brockport had 50 wings for $5.00 on Monday nights, circa 1984.  Also had $5.00 pitchers of Genny on Monday nights.

We knew the cook and he told us when we ordered, tell the waiter we wanted "sliced celery."  He know that was us, and he's pile on another 15-20 wings atop the 50.

Other good code words:

Costco 10 pound bag cost approx $ 24.00. They are large meaty and delicious in my air fryer.

I dont buy in bars or restaurants what I can make easily and in my opinion better than theirs at home

I'm cheap. No way am I paying  those high retail prices .

Korean fried chicken wings are a thing here in socal. Is that true for WNY? I have no idea.

Korean Fried Chicken (koreanbapsang.com) the link won't embed. It is described as 

Korean Fried Chicken

Korean fried chicken with a thin, crackly crust that’s glazed with a delicious soy garlic or red spicy sauce! 

https://ricechickensd.com/

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

if i'm not mistaken, i heard that wings are now back down to pre-pandemic prices.  we won't see the changes on the menu, but wings themselves shouldn't be nearly as pricey as they are.

in terms of volume, i'm a 10-12 wing guy.  i just don't need anymore.  as i get older, i've learned my limits.

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

Costco 10 pound bag cost approx $ 24.00. They are large meaty and delicious in my air fryer.

I dont buy in bars or restaurants what I can make easily and in my opinion better than theirs at home

Korean fried chicken wings are a thing here in socal. Is that true for WNY? I have no idea.

Korean Fried Chicken (koreanbapsang.com) the link won't embed. It is described as 

WingStop has a Korean BBQ flavor. Not bad... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

@muppy... If they ever get one of these in SoCal... Highly recommend.  Right now, just in Chicago/St.Louis areas.

https://www.seoultaco.com

https://www.seoultaco.com/locations

not this specific place but korean street tacos are the BOMB. I once went to a "Tequila and Tacos" festival. And there was a food truck making these Soooo Good

PRIMO!~!~!!!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, muppy said:

Korean BBQ wings are not super popular in Buffalo but you can find them

i think they are tasty as a change of pace

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

We knew the cook and he told us when we ordered, tell the waiter we wanted "sliced celery."  He knew that was us, and he'd pile on another 15-20 wings atop the 50.

I hope it wasn’t just two of you, but if it was you are a modern medical miracle!   😂 

Those were crazy, but great times. Seriously great times, even if we didn’t fully understand that at the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Draconator said:

250 in 12 minutes?

child play lol

and did you poop blood for a week?

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The Atomic XXX hot wings were more of a medium to me and to everyone else in the competition. 

Medium by who’s standard?

a buffalo medium wing? Or a hot wing savant ?

I love hot wings they just don’t agree with my body after lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.