NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

9 hours ago, Prospector said:

I probably am… but I guess so are the experts on NHL network, Wayne Gretzky, Sirius XM who all said the same thing. This board is the only accumulation of hockey knowledge in the world that is reliable , and the actual experts who played the game at its highest level and/or are paid a ton for their hockey insights are clueless… just like me. Eichel has definitely been bad on defense, because this board said he was bad for years

You just compared yourself to Wayne Gretzky.  I have no more words for you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

You just compared yourself to Wayne Gretzky.  I have no more words for you. 

I said that he said the same thing about Eichel… but you take it however you want. I wouldn’t have any other words either if I couldn’t understand. No worries though

10 hours ago, Prospector said:

This is a local article, but it backs up a bit of what I mentioned about Eichel and his contribution this post season. 

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2023/jun/05/vgk-jack-eichels-playoff-legend-grows-with-golden/

Hes been called out by the Vegas media for doing the exact things I am talking about.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-lazy-play/

I watched plenty of this type of play in Buffalo.  One good month in his own zone does not make a Selke winner.

"Jack Eichel takes a big hit but still somehow manages to tally a secondary assist on a 3rd period goal to make the game 5-1!" Well F@#$ me sideways! Talk about playoff heroics.  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hes been called out by the Vegas media for doing the exact things I am talking about.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-lazy-play/

I watched plenty of this type of play in Buffalo.  One good month in his own zone does not make a Selke winner.

"Jack Eichel takes a big hit but still somehow manages to tally a secondary assist on a 3rd period goal to make the game 5-1!" Well F@#$ me sideways! Talk about playoff heroics.  

I am pretty sure we are talking about the Playoffs in 2023… and not Oct. of 2022(your article). He has been playing FANTASTIC defense during this post season so far. Which has been my point. How soon after his surgery was that article written? Has his effort and play improved as he continues to recover? I would say definitely yes. 

I did see something on NHL Network that Jack Eichel is 3rd for most points in first playoffs appearance with 22 so far. That’s pretty good, and kinda debunks the disappearing act most here are saying. Even after he got crushed, he came back, stole a puck and got an assist. 

and I just want to assure those who might not understand what I just said, I am not comparing myself to NHL network. 

Edited by Prospector

We finally have a game again tonight.  If Florida is going to win one, it will be tonight.  But they may very well lose, too.

Not sure how to read the game.  I think Vegas is way too strong for them.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

We finally have a game again tonight.  If Florida is going to win one, it will be tonight.  But they may very well lose, too.

Not sure how to read the game.  I think Vegas is way too strong for them.

I really don't care who wins the series as I am an Isles fan, but I hope Florida wins tonight just so we have a series. They lose and go down 3-0 that will be tough to come back from. I know they came back from 3-1 down to Boston but Vegas has simply outplayed them so far in the series. It would be tough to win 4 straight.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

I really don't care who wins the series as I am an Isles fan, but I hope Florida wins tonight just so we have a series. They lose and go down 3-0 that will be tough to come back from. I know they came back from 3-1 down to Boston but Vegas has simply outplayed them so far in the series. It would be tough to win 4 straight.

Yeah I've been disappointed so far, regardless of having to see Vegas hoist the Cup I was really looking forward to a competitive series 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

The series feels like a Vegas win, with the only question being will Florida sneak in a win.

I hope I'm wrong! I'd like to see a better series too.

There should be some good energy in the building tonight.

Panthers win 3-2

I never believed this series was going to be a shutout for Las Vegas.  That means we get more than just 4  NHL playoffs  hockey games this final round

Im happy about that. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

Panthers win 3-2

I never believed this series was going to be a shutout for Las Vegas.  That means we get more than just 4  NHL playoffs  hockey games this final round

Im happy about that. 

I agree! this is going to be a fun series, it doesn't matter who wins... I want the Knights with all my heart, just like I do for the Bills... but being a Bills fan for (holy crap, how old am I?!) almost 40 years, I am just happy to see a strong playoff push! I loved this journey, despite all the hate here, and think this is awesome. Even though I am a few years new to the sport, I love this stuff!

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

I agree! this is going to be a fun series, it doesn't matter who wins... I want the Knights with all my heart, just like I do for the Bills... but being a Bills fan for (holy crap, how old am I?!) almost 40 years, I am just happy to see a strong playoff push! I loved this journey, despite all the hate here, and think this is awesome. Even though I am a few years new to the sport, I love this stuff!

I don’t think people hate you man

buffalo sports fans are already pretty jaded after 60+ years of heartache 

and eichel left a sour taste in peoples mouths here

both teams got pieces and have nice futures … enjoy hockey 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Love this, but I’m about to go to bed and my wife said not to post, so I hope I don’t get banned

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Prospector my unasked for suggestion is to just TRY to soak in being in the finals. And pay attention to what 716 posted.

You are  steadfast Golden Knights fan. Not a bandwagoner I totally respect that

You hate and blame the state of Florida for all things pertaining to sports championships and rivalries.  Otherwise this could turn too PPP so Im not going there

GOTCHA. It's chill. I think Im reading you right most of the time.  

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.