77 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #27 

• Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
    • Steve Avila, OG, TCU
    • O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
    • Jack Campbell, MLB, Iowa
    • Drew Sanders, MLB, Arkansas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 02:00 AM

Just now, Dr. Who said:

But it's our pick. Nobody is going to stop you. Just walk up in a dignified fashion.

Given what is available, it should easily be Wright.

I think OBD would be thrilled with this result

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Going OT in the first round means Spencer Brown is done and I don’t think they want to give up on him. 

So I’m looking at DT or Edge.  

Mazi Smith or Felix.   

But I’d trade back.  

It 100% does not mean he’s done. It means that they’re looking towards the future of their oline with a lot of guys nearing the end of their contracts and they’re getting a versatile offensive lineman regardless of what some pundits say he can play multiple positions and can develop into a left tackle. 

Edited by NeverOutNick
Driving
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Going OT in the first round means Spencer Brown is done and I don’t think they want to give up on him. 

Mazi Smith or Felix.   

But I’d trade back.  

Have you seen spencer Brown play? He’s terrible.  

I agree that Beane feels as you say.  It’s just a massive mistake imo.  If wright is there @ 27 and we pass on him…..Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have you seen spencer Brown play? He’s terrible.  

I agree that Beane feels as you say.  It’s just a massive mistake imo.  If wright is there @ 27 and we pass on him…..Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

Yea look that’s it.  I’m fine with it I just don’t think they do it.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Yea look that’s it.  I’m fine with it I just don’t think they do it.  

Maybe I’m confused as to what this draft is.   I thought it was to get a consensus of what we would do rather than what we think the Bills (teams we represent) would do.  That’s how I’ve always conducted it, but I could be wrong,

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Mazi Smith or Felix.   

But I’d trade back.  

Why would he be done? David Quessenberry is our swing tackle right now, Brown would immediately take that spot.

The guy played 8 on 8 HS football. Didn’t play at all his redshirt junior year and declared for the draft early. It would likely be good for a former third round pick who hadn’t played a lot of football to be a backup for a bit, get his body right, and work on his technique as a tackle. As we have seen, he may not be ready quite yet to be a good tackle in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Maybe I’m confused as to what this draft is.   I thought it was to get a consensus of what we would do rather than what we think the Bills (teams we represent) would do.  That’s how I’ve always conducted it, but I could be wrong,

Maybe both - I’m drafting what I would do if I’m GM.  

I was just opining about getting to 27 and this is what the team is faced with.  

I think I’d go Guard before tackle.  I think I still like Brown ….. that’s probably right.  I think higher of him then most.  I do believe he was probably never healthy last season.  

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wright all day.  

Not that it matters, but I think Simpson should be on the list if the other 2 LBs are.  I think he’s the best of the 3  

I had to draw the line somewhere.  I've always used ESPN grades.  90 and higher is first round.  I did 87 and up for this.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think I’d go Guard before tackle.  I think I still like Brown ….. that’s probably right.  I think higher of him then most.  I do believe he was probably never healthy last season.  

Why do you like Brown?  I don’t understand 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I had to draw the line somewhere.  I've always used ESPN grades.  90 and higher is first round.  I did 87 and up for this.  

🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Naturally, everyone has to deliberate and make their own decisions. I am skeptical about Brown, but I haven't written him off. He might vindicate Beane's best case scenario, but if you're wrong there it damages the coherence of the entire line in a big way. If Wright is available, I'd much rather have a contingency plan ready to deploy if they are wrong about Brown. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.