Trump wants to ban ABORTION, IVF, MIFEPRISTONE nationwide and JAIL doctors who provide care.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The cult keeps forgetting about this pesky issue - especially @sherpa who thinks people will vote for Donald Trump because they think he is less senile than a corrupt Trump who 

Maybe there is another Sherpa here, or maybe you are as cognitively challenged as Biden.

I have never said a thing about people voting for Trump.

Do you and tibs share the same imagination?

Just now, sherpa said:

Maybe there is another Sherpa here, or maybe you are as cognitively challenged as Biden.

I have never said a thing about people voting for Trump.

Do you and tibs share the same imagination?

um - you saying it’s over for Biden implies that people will all of a sudden vote for Trump.

Not gonna happen 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

um - you saying it’s over for Biden implies that people will all of a sudden vote for Trump.

Not gonna happen 

No.

It implies nothing other than what is stated.

Biden is finished.

I have no view on this obvious exposure of the man as a significantly diminished individual, re Trump, and your assertion is not only unsupported, it is idiotic.

Kinda Bidenesh

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

No.

It implies nothing other than what is stated.

Biden is finished.

I have no view on this obvious exposure of the man as a significantly diminished individual, re Trump, and your assertion is not only unsupported, it is idiotic.

Kinda Bidenesh

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally hope the Republicans keep on running on this. It’s a total killer at the ballot box and either they don’t know it or they’re trying to ignore it.

Or......The people who believe abortion is the ending of a human life feel strongly enough to live with their beliefs, regardless what it does to elections.

They believe that it is best decided at the state level.

They obviously "know it," and its impact on elections but they are serious enough in their convictions to stand by them.

They are obviously not trying to "ignore" the ramifications, and they certainly are not trying to control female reproductive rights.

In the 1860's many people thought slaves were humans and not to be treated like property.

They changed the laws.

30 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Or......The people who believe abortion is the ending of a human life feel strongly enough to live with their beliefs, regardless what it does to elections.

They believe that it is best decided at the state level.

They obviously "know it," and its impact on elections but they are serious enough in their convictions to stand by them.

They are obviously not trying to "ignore" the ramifications, and they certainly are not trying to control female reproductive rights.

In the 1860's many people thought slaves were humans and not to be treated like property.

They changed the laws.

The majority of Americans don’t agree with you, and that is a fact

Just now, Pokebball said:

Science doesn't square with your feelers

I think what you meant to say, is you think science doesn’t square with the feelings of majority of the American people?

Once again, we’re not talking about your feelings here we’re talking about elections, and the majority of American people don’t agree with the abortion ban

It’s a simple as that, and Republicans are losing elections over it

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The majority of Americans don’t agree with you, and that is a fact

See what I mean?

What does it mean when you say they "don't agree with me"?

Don't agree with what?

I haven't stated a view other than the obvious, which is many consider life as beginning at some point prior to natural birth.

I know with the three children we have had we certainly considered them "life" much prior to that, and behaved accordingly.

People live with that, and they accept election returns because they live with that.

Either way, some people view some things as more important than what the "majority of Americans" agree with.

Let it be decided by each state.

Whatever, the idiotic claim that people want to control women's reproductive rights is goofy nonsense, and that claim should have died years ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

See what I mean?

What does it mean when you say they "don't agree with me"?

Don't agree with what?

I haven't stated a view other than the obvious, which is many consider life as beginning at some point prior to natural birth.

I know with the three children we have had we certainly considered them "life" much prior to that, and behaved accordingly.

People live with that, and they accept election returns because they live with that.

Either way, some people view some things as more important than what the "majority of Americans" agree with.

Let it be decided by each state.

Whatever, the idiotic claim that people want to control women's reproductive rights is goofy nonsense, and that claim should have died years ago.

So absolutely wrong
The reason why you can’t let states decide is because there are people that are live in those states that don’t agree with it

And that wouldn’t be an issue if they weren’t following them out of state and trying to prosecute them

It’s OK because it’s people like you that is allowing for the Republicans to lose. They think that they have a point and they’re going to see that it’s a losing proposition at the ball.

The majority of people and what they want, is what it’s supposed to be important

The Supreme Court gave Democrats a gift whenever they imposed that abortion ban and it’s bearing out that way

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So absolutely wrong
The reason why you can’t let states decide is because there are people that are live in those states that don’t agree with it

And that wouldn’t be an issue if they weren’t following them out of state and trying to prosecute them

It’s OK because it’s people like you that is allowing for the Republicans to lose. They think that they have a point and they’re going to see that it’s a losing proposition at the ball.

The majority of people and what they want, is what it’s supposed to be important

The Supreme Court gave Democrats a gift whenever they imposed that abortion ban and it’s bearing out that way

Perhaps, no quite likely, you miss the point.

If there are moral issues involved, people who care about those issues hold them higher than election results.

I could not live with believing slaves were property, anymore than I believe that a baby at some point before birth is not a "life."

If that means losing an election, my moral convictions and behavior outweigh election results.

I have no interest in forcing views on others, but I think it is only an idiot that would ever claim that those views were some kind of desire to control women's reproductive rights.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Perhaps, no quite likely, you miss the point.

If there are moral issues involved, people who care about those issues hold them higher than election results.

I could not live with believing slaves were property, anymore than I believe that a baby at some point before birth is not a "life."

If that means losing an election, my moral convictions and behavior outweigh election results.

I have no interest in forcing views on others, but I think it is only an idiot that would ever claim that those views were some kind of desire to control women's reproductive rights.

What in the world are you talking about?

Abortion bands are literally controlling women’s reproductive rights

You are taking a decision that they should make for themselves along with the doctor away from them and some of these situations taking away the rights is so extreme that they can’t even get an abortion whenever it in the mother, or they’ve been right

Anyway, this is a political board. I’m talking about the political, implications, political means elections.

• Haha (+1) 1

I didn't start the thread.

The thread is about abortion.

As always, this claim that it is the mother only involved is a complete whiff on what the other view is, no matter how many times it is made, and irrespective of whether you agree with it.

The other view is that there is another life involved, at some point.

It is quite noticeable that you don't seem to acknowledge that, or seem to know that the view exists and should be considered, let alone respected, and those views lead folks to vote the way they do.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What in the world are you talking about?

Abortion bands are literally controlling women’s reproductive rights

You are taking a decision that they should make for themselves along with the doctor away from them and some of these situations taking away the rights is so extreme that they can’t even get an abortion whenever it in the mother, or they’ve been right

Anyway, this is a political board. I’m talking about the political, implications, political means elections.

can we give the baby a vote in the situation?

22 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The other view is that there is another life involved, at some point.

Yes, at some point.  But where?  There's a spectrum from fertilization to viability.  Lots of room for debate.  Hell, in some extremists minds, the pill should be illegal and  IUD's which stops implantation.  Can we at least agree that before fertilization, it's the women who decide?

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, at some point.  But where?  There's a spectrum from fertilization to viability.  Lots of room for debate.  Hell, in some extremists minds, the pill should be illegal and  IUD's which stops implantation.  Can we at least agree that before fertilization, it's the women who decide?

A spectrum? You don't think there's a defining moment? Interesting

Just now, Pokebball said:

A spectrum? You don't think there's a defining moment? Interesting

a fertilized egg is the absolute minimum that can be defended as life.  But many of those don't become living humans.  If you buy that argument, then IUD's should be illegal.  But who is to say when life begins?  The most straight forward answer is viability outside the womb.  Til then, the fetus is part of the mother.