Trump wants to ban ABORTION, IVF, MIFEPRISTONE nationwide and JAIL doctors who provide care.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's Trump. 

Most other politicians feel the need to at least somewhat rationalize/explain their changes in core positions. Trump moved from being "very pro choice" c. 2000 to America's leading pro-life/anti-abortion champion c. 2016. Fools like Ron DeSantis thought they'd outflank him on the pro-life side. Now that Trump (through his Supreme Court appointments, abetted by Mitch McConnell's chicanery) got Roe overturned, he'd be out there with the almost total abortion ban in Florida. What could go wrong?

He forgot that he's dealing with an opponent with absolutely no qualms, no need to even pretend that his positions are consistent. Trump gets the everlasting support of a lot of anti-abortion types for finally getting Roe off the books, but he's not about to let himself get stuck with an unpopular general election position.

Florida is what?  6 week limit. then a 15 week limit for rape or *****.

What limit would the left accept.

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Florida is what?  6 week limit. then a 15 week limit for rape or *****.

What limit would the left accept.

Is abortion the killing of a human life?

I guess your position should then be no abortion at any time, period. 

If you're good with 6 weeks, then obviously you think that a 6 week old fetus is not a human life.

If you're good with 15 weeks in the case of rape or *****, then I guess you think a 15 week old fetus is a human life, but it's kind of an ill-conceived human life that we really ought to kill.

At least the Catholic Church is consistent: life from the moment of conception, no exceptions to outlawing abortion. New style anti-abortion folks are all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you're good with 6 weeks, then obviously you think that a 6 week old fetus is not a human life.

If you're good with 15 weeks in the case of rape or *****, then I guess you think a 15 week old fetus is a human life, but it's kind of an ill-conceived human life that we really ought to kill.

At least the Catholic Church is consistent: life from the moment of conception, no exceptions to outlawing abortion. New style anti-abortion folks are all over the place.

So no, you cant or wont. the rest all you.

let's try again.

you all brought up Florida. Florida has a 6-week standard limit. and a 15-week limit for rape and *****.  I think there also needs to be something to make sure eutopic pregnancy fixes are not considered an abortion.

What do you feel is a good limit?

Edited by Chris farley

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Thats a lot of silly assumptions and strawmen. 

And glad they put it to rest by voting in a Abortion Limit at viability in Ohio.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Kinda strange how the left is calling the people of Ohio putting a viability limit on abortions, a DEM win.

the left wants no limit. abortion should be legal up until the moment of birth. or even right after birth

17 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Thats a lot of silly assumptions and strawmen. 

And glad they put it to rest by voting in a Abortion Limit at viability in Ohio.

States voting on their abortion policy triggers the left

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Highlight the alternative.

The 6-week ban, or abortion on demand till birth like NY

kind of a very wide spectrum.

but at least its behind them now.  hopefully more states do similar so its not a wedge topic.

So, it seems like a win for the pro-choice team.

Just now, Pokebball said:

the left wants no limit. abortion should be legal up until the moment of birth. or even right after birth

Hoax

7 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Agree. look at NY and other places for example.  Mental health is a trigger for an abortion till birth.  Not just physical health.

Ohio law just made it legal to viability and made it so it has nothing to do with a miscarriage or the actual health of the mother.

The rates for prepartum depression are on part with postpartum.

Approximately 1 in 10 women will experience postpartum depression after giving birth, with some studies reporting 1 in 7 women.

Postpartum depression generally lasts 3 to 6 months. ...

It is estimated that nearly 50% of mothers with postpartum depression are not diagnosed by a health professional.

80% of women with postpartum depression will achieve a full recovery

Like postpartum depression, which impacts as many as 1 in 7 new moms, prenatal depression is actually quite common. According to a journal article by Maria Muzik, MD, and Stefana Borovska, published in Mental Health in Family Medicine, 13% of pregnant moms experience depression.

and yeah, the farm seems a bit triggered about it.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

25 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Ohio law just made it legal to viability and made it so it has nothing to do with a miscarriage or the actual health of the mother.

You're purposely not painting the entire picture, Chris.

Here is the exact language on the ballot:

Always allow an unborn child to be aborted at any stage of pregnancy, regardless of viability if, in the treating physician’s determination, the abortion is necessary to protect the pregnant woman’s life or health.

Voting against the ABOVE would completely remove the patient and physicians' ability to manage care.

Keep trying bro - don't F with women's rights.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Always allow an unborn child to be aborted at any stage of pregnancy, regardless of viability if, in the treating physician’s determination, the abortion is necessary to protect the pregnant woman’s life or health.

you need to read the entire thing vs cherry picking the mothers health exemption to go past viability. 

Like I posted above and agreed with.

Comprehension is hard on you, eh?

On 9/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

I think there also needs to be something to make sure eutopic pregnancy fixes are not considered an abortion.

Way back then.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

you need to read the entire thing vs cherry picking the mothers health exemption to go past viability. 

Like I posted above and agreed with.

Comprehension is hard on you, eh?

Way back then.

I shared the ballot that references THIS discussion - why don't share with me the missing pieces that allegedly support yours?

You won't but I'll wait.

• Eyeroll 1

Ohio will be prevented from restricting abortion access before fetal viability, which doctors believe to be around 22 to 24 weeks of pregnancy. After viability, the state can restrict abortion access unless the patient’s life or health are at risk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ohio-voters-will-approve-constitutional-right-to-an-abortion-cnn-projects/ar-AA1jz484

Two seconds on google. 

You choose to be ignorant. 

Not a good way to go through life.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Ohio will be prevented from restricting abortion access before fetal viability, which doctors believe to be around 22 to 24 weeks of pregnancy. After viability, the state can restrict abortion access unless the patient’s life or health are at risk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ohio-voters-will-approve-constitutional-right-to-an-abortion-cnn-projects/ar-AA1jz484

Two seconds on google. 

You choose to be ignorant. 

Not a good way to go through life.

That’s cute and all - you sourced an MSN/CNN “story” - I sourced the actual ballot.

idiots 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think there should be a reasonable abortion limit

What United States has done, has gone overboard they will hear about it at the ballot box

I think it's a state issue as the court stated.  So each state will have it's own laws.  Like the EU. 

Ten weeks here would be called names and taken to the supreme Court. 

The law that got row turned was a 15 week limit 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I think it's a state issue as the court stated.  So each state will have it's own laws.  Like the EU. 

Ten weeks here would be called names and taken to the supreme Court. 

The law that got row turned was a 15 week limit 

You will change your tune just like LG did as new talking points are programmed in your pathetic minds