Transsurrection in TN, MT, TX, IA: All the documented events that aren't happening.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

There are bigger issues in this country - like kids getting their heads blown to pieces - that should be addressed before the social media manufactured culture wars that are generated to specifically distract YOU from the BIGGER issues.

I don’t care to get into the weeds of what books hurt your feelings - ESPECIALLY when everyone knows what is and is not age appropriate.

Now go whine more those books! 

Hustle 

I think it can be looked at other ways too.  Many see a small but vocal fringe sub-culture attempting to impose their cultural and social norms on the entire society that follows a different set of social rules.  Truthfully, look at the norms and customs of trans culture and tell me a society based on those norms and customs is going to stand up to the Russians and Chinese.  These are damaged and fragile people but their also free to pursue their own course.  But as a standard for any culture its a losing proposition. 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think it can be looked at other ways too.  Many see a small but vocal fringe sub-culture attempting to impose their cultural and social norms on the entire society that follows a different set of social rules.  Truthfully, look at the norms and customs of trans culture and tell me a society based on those norms and customs is going to stand up to the Russians and Chinese.  These are damaged and fragile people but their also free to pursue their own course.  But as a standard for any culture its a losing proposition. 

He insulted and pivoted away from the topic at hand. I wonder why?

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Have you interviewed the families and children dealing with this issue?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Isn't that what we both do? You see things thru your lens to placate you as well. But instead of respecting my pro woman opinion, you call me a sick !@#$. Bravo!

So, you're okay with forcing every child to expose their genitals to school administrators so that we can placate the insecure fringe who can't stand the SMALLEST population on earth?

This isn't about WOMEN!

This is about f'n HATE and RIDICULE.

And we wonder why LGTBQ experiences the highest suicide rates.

So much hate; so litle time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Have you interviewed the families and children dealing with this issue?

Do you need to take from women, after decades of fighting for rights, in order to help these families and kids? No other option?

Just now, BillStime said:

So, you're okay with forcing every child to expose their genitals to school administrators so that we can placate the insecure fringe who can't stand the SMALLEST population on earth?

This isn't about WOMEN!

This is about f'n HATE and RIDICULE.

And we wonder why LGTBQ experiences the highest suicide rates.

So much hate; so litle time.

Aren't we talking about not allowing biological men to compete in women's sports? That's 100% what this is about.

I presume we both want trans the ability to compete in sports. I do anyways. Why do you want trans men to compete against biological women?

If it is, as you say, about hate, why do you hate women so much?

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's seems like a reasonable position but my understanding is literature being "banned" is based on it being accessible by children and not on the basis or belief its unsuitable for adults.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I also don't see this as a "MAGA" specific issue.  Parents of children across the political landscape don't want their children exposed to adult and sexually explicit materials.  That seems reasonable too.  Saying its MAGA sounds like an attempt to marginalize objections.

I don’t think anyone disputes or should dispute that children should not have access to sexually explicit materials.  The problem with MAGA is that it doesn’t know what it wants to burn, and that, to my sort of anecdotal interpretation, it has indicated that it would prefer to burn such things are non-explicit literature that that involves gay or questioning characters (the frog and the toad from earlier, for example) or views of American history inconsistent with MAGA beliefs (e.g., with respect to slavery, or the “discovery” of North America).  

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No, not really. 

This is what you are promoting when you support this bill. 

This wouldn't be a thing if trans men didn't demand to compete in biological women's sports. Your solution is degrading women. Why the hate towards women? Let's either have trans men compete against biological men or lets start a separate trans league and let trans men compete against other trans men?

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So what?  Who cares.  They have the right to have their say.  If you don’t like it, then that’s on you.  Bud Light is the perfect example.  Bud Light has a right to put whomever or whatever it wants (so long as it is not explicit) on its packaging.  You have the right to break the habit and not drink Bud Light because you don’t like the packaging.  That’s how things work here.  But burning books or banning books because the literature talks about gay characters or articulates the point that Native Americans, not Chris Columbus, “discovered” North America . . . It’s an unamerican viewpoint.  Plain and simple.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

So what?  Who cares.  They have the right to have their say.  If you don’t like it, then that’s on you.  Bud Light is the perfect example.  Bud Light has a right to put whomever or whatever it wants (so long as it is not explicit) on its packaging.  You have the right to break the habit and not drink Bud Light because you don’t like the packaging.  That’s how things work here.  But burning books or banning books because the literature talks about gay characters or articulates the point that Native Americans, not Chris Columbus, “discovered” North America . . . It’s an unamerican viewpoint.  Plain and simple.  

can you still buy the books? If you can it’s not a ban. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm kinda in the middle on this book issue. One side needs to quit saying burning and banning books though. That's not what's happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

can you still buy the books? If you can it’s not a ban. 

Interesting.  We’re going to play the semantics game.  Ban is synonymous with prohibit.  MAGA wants to prohibit books that hurt its feelings from appearing in school and public libraries.  If you’re saying that you don’t want to ban said books in totality, then I suppose you’re correct.  But, ultimately, you’re still talking about a ban.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Interesting.  We’re going to play the semantics game.  Ban is synonymous with prohibit.  MAGA wants to prohibit books that hurt its feelings from appearing in school and public libraries.  If you’re saying that you don’t want to ban said books in totality, then I suppose you’re correct.  But, ultimately, you’re still talking about a ban.  

you’re using hyperbolic words to gas light your base. It’s an age restriction. If the left was in any way reasonable with this stuff maybe a compromise could be had but when you just push and push you’re gonna get an equal or bigger push back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I'm kinda in the middle on this book issue. One side needs to quit saying burning and banning books though. That's not what's happening. 

Burning is hyperbolic.  Funny, and illustrative, but hyperbolic.  No doubt about it. 

Banning is a fair characterization, though.  

And, as long as we’re on the topic, in terms of things that people should “quit” saying, I’d start with the demonization of anyone who doesn’t agree with MAGA.  Child molester, pedophile, communist, etc.  I’ve been called (anonymously) a lot of nasty things on this board.  I couldn’t care less about it.  It also happens in real life.  There it’s a little more concerning.  There’s definitely room for linguistic moderation on both sides.  But I’d start with the really nasty stuff first and then get into the more semantical disputes.  

Are the books being prohibited though? I think all of us believe there is an age appropriate metric on all content in our schools. There always has been, hasn't there?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

you’re using hyperbolic words to gas light your base. It’s an age restriction. If the left was in any way reasonable with this stuff maybe a compromise could be had but when you just push and push you’re gonna get an equal or bigger push back. 

Sorry, but it’s a ban.  Plain and simple.  You want to prevent literature that you deem to consider an objectionable or disagreeable topic from appearing in a public or school library.  That’s unamerican, and it’s a ban.  

• Dislike 2

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Sorry, but it’s a ban.  Plain and simple.  You want to prevent literature that you deem to consider an objectionable or disagreeable topic from appearing in a public or school library.  That’s unamerican, and it’s a ban.  

Disagree. If you can get a book on the internet or in a public library the book isn't banned. Is there anything, anything at all, that you believe would be inappropriate in a grade school library?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1