A'Shawn Robinson is still available. Does he fit?

Johnny3410

While Robinson isn't going to generate pass-rush production (seven career sacks), he can command double-teams and create run-game disruption on the front at 6-foot-4, 330 pounds. He totaled 42 tackles in 10 games, with a run stop win rate of 39.5% last season (18th overall).  Is he going to command to much money for us?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

If there was a way to make it work he would definitely strengthen our rotation. He actually may be a better option than Daquan Jones it's just the money that would stop this.

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If there was a way to make it work he would definitely strengthen our rotation. He actually may be a better option than Daquan Jones it's just the money that would stop this.

I would love to swap him out for Tim Settle but they already tweaked his contract.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Johnny3410 said:

While Robinson isn't going to generate pass-rush production (seven career sacks), he can command double-teams and create run-game disruption on the front at 6-foot-4, 330 pounds. He totaled 42 tackles in 10 games, with a run stop win rate of 39.5% last season (18th overall).  Is he going to command to much money for us?

couple other holes to solve first. Like ILB

• Agree 2

Yeah, I think at this point they don't add anyone else until after the draft. It looks like they are sitting pretty with that 3rd round comp pick next year. I don't believe you should go crazy over comp picks, but right now adding any cheap depth is going to cost you that pick. No reason to add anyone at this point unless it's a trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah, I think at this point they don't add anyone else until after the draft. It looks like they are sitting pretty with that 3rd round comp pick next year. I don't believe you should go crazy over comp picks, but right now adding any cheap depth is going to cost you that pick. No reason to add anyone at this point unless it's a trade. 

I think they’ll continue to add a few guys on vet min deals. They’ve got a few real dollars to spend, which I’m hopeful go to the Hopkins move. If not, I still think we make at least a small splash with that remaining cap room (LB or maybe Poonam Ford?). 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I think they’ll continue to add a few guys on vet min deals. They’ve got a few real dollars to spend, which I’m hopeful go to the Hopkins move. If not, I still think we make at least a small splash with that remaining cap room (LB or maybe Poonam Ford?). 

Agreed. I think Poona will have to wait until after the draft unless he is under that 1.7 million threshold. In terms of linebackers, outside of Myles Jack/Zach Cunnigham, it has become a mostly barren wasteland...but either of those guys would not count in the formula because they were released. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Uh.. bzzzzz... wrong... 

Huh....Now I can't find it. I thought I saw March 26 in the article that's why I mentioned it.  I could be wrong. Pretty intriguing FA prospect though.

Edited by nosejob

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.