The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

At some point, you go after a scum bag. Lincoln had no legal right to free the slaves, but he did anyway 

I already knew where you stand, Tibsy.  But kudos to you for having the audacity to comparing real estate valuations and rickety public officials to slavery.

It’s crazy. It’s nutty.  It’s completely preposterous, but it’s all you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I already knew where you stand, Tibsy.  But kudos to you for having the audacity to comparing real estate valuations and rickety public officials to slavery.

It's the law! And like it or not, it's malitable. Like speed limits. No one gets tickets when they violate the law by going over a mile and hour or two...or three...or four...

That's how the world works. Try catching up, will you?

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There is the common thread of insurrection.  One president (Lincoln) stopped it.  The other (Trump) suborned it.  So there’s that. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I respect the rule of law.  Maybe you don’t, which is sad.  New York City is the financial capital of the world.  We can’t let things like this manipulation of asset values go unchecked.  That kind of lawlessness would threaten our status in the financial world.  

You may have an issue with Frankish and his perspective, that’s best directed to him, unless he is you, in which case you can tell yourself. 

As for status, the reputation of NYC as shining beacon of financial salvation simply doesn’t exist.  That’s due in part to financial shenanigans by individuals, corporations, unions alike, but is exacerbated by insider deals, politicians on the take, and pay for play.   Believe it, don’t, it’s just the way it is.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

You may have an issue with Frankish and his perspective, that’s best directed to him, unless he is you, in which case you can tell yourself. 

As for status, the reputation of NYC as shining beacon of financial salvation simply doesn’t exist.  That’s due in part to financial shenanigans by individuals, corporations, unions alike, but is exacerbated by insider deals, politicians on the take, and pay for play.   Believe it, don’t, it’s just the way it is.   

Hoax.  I have an issue with you and your conspiratorial nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And the answer is to severely punish those that get caught and look harder for cheats.  Not to look the other way.

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's the law! And like it or not, it's malitable. Like speed limits. No one gets tickets when they violate the law by going over a mile and hour or two...or three...or four...

That's how the world works. Try catching up, will you?

It was Frankisheses comments about the political nature of the action that got all this started, Tibsy, not me.  You went from real estate valuations to some crazy riff about Abraham Lincoln and slavery, then abandoned that craziness to land on someone doing 38 in a 35.  

As far as how the world works---yes, Hayseed, that's how things work in NYC!  

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I have an issue with you and your conspiratorial nonsense.  

And yet..here you are, seeking me out. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And the answer is to severely punish those that get caught and look harder for cheats.  Not to look the other way.

Sure, in a perfect world, that would be the goal.  Justice would still be blind, though, and at least according to Frank, maybe this action would not have been forthcoming.   You may benefit from a conversation with him.  I would counsel against attempting to gain clarity from Tibsy, he's all over the page on this one. 

There's also the harsh reality that not everyone is treated equally in these political squabbles.  The party in power often flexes its muscles on behalf of some (Eliot Spitzer comes to mind), while targeting others with extreme prejudice.  We can pretend it doesn't happen, but it does, so it seems silly not to acknowledge it. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It was Frankisheses comments about the political nature of the action that got all this started, Tibsy, not me.  You went from real estate valuations to some crazy riff about Abraham Lincoln and slavery, then abandoned that craziness to land on someone doing 38 in a 35.  

I just made a good point and you fell to pieces. So goes the world 

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

So your opinion is that politics has nothing to do with it?

Yes.  I think if you or I cheated on a loan application and got caught we'd feel it.  He's done it continuously for years.  It's his biz plan.  Mob stuff.  Let the R's prosecute the D criminals.  Better yet, let's have both parties call out crooks in both parties...

Go ahead, call me an idealist

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes.  I think if you or I cheated on a loan application and got caught we'd feel it.  He's done it continuously for years.  It's his biz plan.  Mob stuff.  Let the R's prosecute the D criminals.  Better yet, let's have both parties call out crooks in both parties...

This is what it should be.

This isn't reality, IMO

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As far as how the world works---yes, Hayseed, that's how things work in NYC!  

And yet..here you are, seeking me out. 

Hoax.  I don’t seek you out.  You pollute this forum with your victimization and conspiracy gibberish. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I don’t seek you out.  You pollute this forum with your victimization and conspiracy gibberish. 

Frankish posted thoughts on an issue.  I replied to Frankish.  You took the time to read what I wrote, pressed the quote button to reply directly to me, and offered a soliloquy of sorts on how you felt. 

You can call it something else, but it seems awfully seeky to me. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the additional feedback though. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Frankish posted thoughts on an issue.  I replied to Frankish.  You took the time to read what I wrote, pressed the quote button to reply directly to me, and offered a soliloquy of sorts on how you felt. 

You can call it something else, but it seems awfully seeky to me. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the additional feedback though. 

Seems like debate on a forum....speaking of soliloquies you seem to have curbed your verbosity.  Bravo!

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Seems like debate on a forum....speaking of soliloquies you seem to have curbed your verbosity.  Bravo!

Yes!  Debate is healthy, though based on the thoughts Sect shared with me after seeking me out, I'm not sure conversing with me is good for him.  He seems agitated, mostly, and a bit forgetful.  

I reserve the right to verbose the **** out of this motha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You get a special Smiley face pin today, that's for sure. Here it is: 🤪

I am very, very proud of you. 

So you can't make decent arguments so you turn to faux condenscention...ok! 

Here, I'll give my fav LS song 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Eyeroll 1