The Walls be Closing

Kemp

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Good point. It took hours and a lot of people asking him to do it before he ended up sending it. 

It was less than an hour after protestors started to get agitated and entered the Capitol.  It took them hours after to leave.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was less than an hour after protestors started to get agitated and entered the Capitol.  It took them hours after to leave.

Two hours between when the Capitol is first breached and when Trump told them to go home. 

Should have been immediate but always need an excuse for the orange godking 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Two hours between when the Capitol is first breached and when Trump told them to go home. 

Should have been immediate but always need an excuse for the orange godking 

It was 28 minutes from when they entered the Capitol to his tweet telling them to "stay peaceful."  About a half hour later he tweeted the same sentiment again.  An hour from that he told people to go home.  They continued for hours after.  Again they didn't listen to him from the beginning and didn't listen to him when he told them repeatedly to be peaceful and then go home.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was 28 minutes from when they entered the Capitol to his tweet telling them to "stay peaceful."  About a half hour later he tweeted the same sentiment again.  An hour from that he told people to go home.  They continued for hours after.  Again they didn't listen to him from the beginning and didn't listen to him when he told them repeatedly to be peaceful and then go home.

They want nothing to do with facts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

My contention: it took about two hours for him to tell people to go home. 

Your response: it was only two hours before he told people to go home. 

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

My contention: it took about two hours for him to tell people to go home. 

Your response: it was only two hours before he told people to go home. 

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Congrats on your pyrrhic victory, at best.  I told you that both prior and during the initial stages of the riot, he kept telling them to "be peaceful."  And even after telling them to "go home," they continued to mill-around the Capitol for hours.  Proving they weren't listening to what he said.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Congrats on your pyrrhic victory, at best.  I told you that both prior and during the initial stages of the riot, he kept telling them to "be peaceful."  And even after telling them to "go home," they continued to mill-around the Capitol for hours.  Proving they weren't listening to what he said.

Stop interrupting his diatribe with your facts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

Stop interrupting his diatribe with your facts. 

Hey, he got a fact correct: Trump called for them to go home after 2 hours.  Too bad the real facts are that he told them to be "peaceful" throughout and they didn't go home for hours after.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:09 PM, Doc said:

You know….my Dad was born in Germany in 1934…but his 3 sisters were 10-16 years older. So while he doesn’t remember the Nazis …they did. Their path here to the US was quite amazing and many stories are unfathomable to be honest. So too many to tell. My aunts did say, however, that the intoxicating effect of Hitler and the populist movement was real and inescapable for many. They said this in spite of their uncle being in a reeducation camp for being gay. They bribed the guards for his release, he was a doctor, jumped the lines and worked for the Allies and ultimately the VA system. 

Decades later they had some perspective about rationalizing that monster.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:09 PM, Doc said:

👆🤡 - Hoax - 100% hoax

Tweets of January 6, 2021 | The American Presidency Project (ucsb.edu)

A timeline of how the Jan. 6 attack unfolded — including who said what and when

The January 6 insurrection: Minute-by-minute | CNN Politics

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I doubt a judge will consider him attacking them a violation because they don’t want it to seem personal. 

We saw this in NYC where the judge didn’t say much about Trump bashing him but threw the gauntlet down when Trump bashed one of the judge’s employees. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I doubt a judge will consider him attacking them a violation because they don’t want it to seem personal. 

We saw this in NYC where the judge didn’t say much about Trump bashing him but threw the gauntlet down when Trump bashed one of the judge’s employees. 

I think his post was fake.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Who even knows anymore? Verification means nothing, facts are whatever, and nobody is on Truth Social. 

I just don’t think it’s super likely a judge is going to jail Trump over attacking the judge themself. 

All that aside, the Brooklyn Dad guy seems a bit too resistance-gritty for my liking. 

22 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah people in the replies said they didn't see it in his feed, but who knows it's not like it looks outside something he'd say. He's bound to violate the order it's like, well it probably is a compulsion, he can't help himself.

• Agree 1