2023 NCAA Hoops Tournament

Augie

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So, Think this was in Winston Salem but it was somewhere in NC...My wife and mother in law were in the same hotel as Dick Vitale and his crew. At the complimentary breakfast he started hitting on her and she said "Who the hell are you?"  went back to her eggs and sausage.

In Vitale's voice: You gotta try the eggs and sausage! Their awesome baby!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a good time to be retired! I think the game I want to see the most tonight is UCLA vs Gonzaga, and that’s going to be on til midnight! 

I don’t know how I don’t know anything about Florida Atlantic or how they ended up in the Sweet 16. I  expect Tennessee to give them a drubbing, but that is why they play the games, and what makes this tournament so awesome! 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nowell sets an NCAA Tournament record with 19 assists. On a bum ankle. And makes his shots. That was some classic stuff! 

He is really good, the previous game against Kentucky it felt like it was him vs tshiebwe, two amazing college players battling it out. This game was another good one

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

That kid makes free throws look like gimmes. 

It’s like having a running game: it’s nice to be capable closing out a game. 

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He is really good, the previous game against Kentucky it felt like it was him vs tshiebwe, two amazing college players battling it out. This game was another good one

I freely admit I don’t watch much outside of the Big East, so it’s fun to see a lot of new teams and players. 

When was the last time Kentucky won anything? He gets top recruits but wins very little for the talent level it seems. 

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s like having a running game: it’s nice to be capable closing out a game. 

FYI - you responded to someone who knows absolutely nothing about hoops. Running game? Um, ok  😀

But this tournament is too great to ignore. The finality of the one and done format plus the fact that many impactful players will never be heard from again is very compelling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

FYI - you responded to someone who knows absolutely nothing about hoops. Running game? Um, ok  😀

But this tournament is too great to ignore. The finality of the one and done format plus the fact that many impactful players will never be heard from again is very compelling. 

I’m not going back to look, but I think it was about making free throws helps you close out a basketball game. It’s winning time. Like being able to run when you have a lead in football. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nowell sets an NCAA Tournament record with 19 assists. On a bum ankle. And makes his shots. That was some classic stuff! 

That kid is a treat to watch manage the floor.

• Like (+1) 1

Nowell continues to amaze. He just made what might be the best basketball pass I’ve ever seen. Spinning toward the basket he fit the ball thru a hole in the defenders smaller than a hoop to his guy under the basket. This is pure entertainment! 

total bandwagon jumper into the NCAA tournament 2023. But my home city is en fuego with excitement over the SDSU Aztecs

Just getting this far is historic for the program. I've seen them at home play in the past. Friends I know are alums etc.

GO AZTECS~!~!~!!

On 3/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, CookieG said:

The play of the tourney so far:

WHOA that was SIQ.  He duped them BIGTIME oh My!~! Thats a wow.

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.