Under the Radar Free Agency Sleepers

MrEpsYtown

21 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

He's got questionable hands but he's on my short list of affordable veteran slot WRs. He does have some speed to burn though.

?

Overall good catch %, very low drops.  I don't watch the Falcons though, what do you see?

I like his YAC stats

On 3/11/2023 at 6:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

They both suck in pass pro.   6 sacks isn't good by any means.   After 11 games this season Saffold was crowing that he hadn't allowed a sack per PFF.   He ended up only allowing 2 on 1058 snaps.   You saw how terrible he was.    Everyone thinks Spencer Brown was impossibly bad and he only allowed 4 sacks on 858 snaps per PFF.  

There aren't many good RT's because there doesn't need to be.   The focus by fans on trying to improve RT position with a big name is misguided.   You can have a good OL with a not good RT.   The quality of blockers is most important at LT and the guard positions.    RT's can be helped by TE and RB's chipping and the QB can see the rusher coming if he is right handed.   Centers aren't tasked with a lot of single blocking on passing downs anymore either.

Whelp the defending Super Bowl champions have decided Taylor is good enough for them, and protecting Mahomes.

but you know better

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Whelp the defending Super Bowl champions have decided Taylor is good enough for them, and protecting Mahomes.

but you know better

To defend him Taylor was bad before this season and he still wasn’t great. Chiefs are banking on the player they can coach him up to be more than the play he has shown to this point 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

To defend him Taylor was bad before this season and he still wasn’t great. Chiefs are banking on the player they can coach him up to be more than the play he has shown to this point 

Yeah i agree. And i think they just see a guy with freakishly long arms like Brown and assume Mahomes will get rid of the ball quick. 

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

but you know better

So you wanted to pay $20M for a RT?  

The Chiefs are rolling the dice that his game will elevate up to LT level........but he is a big step down from the 2020 Orlando Brown they acquired.........who was an actually dominant RT in Baltimore and who had also proven himself at LT that season.

I think "grass is just greener on other side" types like you should recognize that the Bills have a RT with a very high ceiling as well.   

• Eyeroll 1

On 3/10/2023 at 2:58 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Good job finding Kumerow 2.0…. Slam dunk 

I confused That minny RB with Cook a couple time watching him because he seems to hit the hole the same way. Had some big games when given touches. 

I wonder if a guy like this has a huge price point difference vs Singletary… 

this was a compliment? lol

On 3/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

A few more…

Scotty Miller -WR-  Runs in the 4.3s and has shown off that speed in games. He catches the ball and has had some very good games in the past in which he kind of took over. He is coming off a bit of a down year. Looked like he could bust out and it just didn’t happen. 

Mitchell Wilcox -TE- He finally came around a bit this year with the Bengals. The just non tendered him and it seems some people feel it’s a bit of a controversial decision. He doesn’t really standout in any of his physical traits, but made some clutch plays for the Bengals this year. Perfect #2 type guy.  

Evan Brown -IOL- Mainly a center but can also play guard. I think he is interesting because of his outstanding RAS score coming out of SMU. He was pretty good filling in for an injured Frank Ragnow in 2021. Good depth and competition. 

Connor McGovern -IOL- I talked a lot about the Jets version, this is the cowboys one from Penn State. He played well in spots but Dallas never turned things over to him full time, I am not sure why. But I think there is something there. He can play center and guard and I think he has potentially as a starting guard. Still just 25, he is a former linemate of Ryan Bates at PSU. 6-5, 320, with long arms, he fits the profile, while he isn’t the athletic freak they usually seek

You nailed the McGovern pick.  Congrats. Now let’s get the others. I also feel like Poyer might come back, might. Looking like a Milano deal, test the market, play for a crappy team for 10% more or come back home! Go Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.