General Flynn Files Lawsuit Against US Gov't

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He did plead guilty, and here "Tracy Beanz" brushes that aside with a "well, we all know that the false statements charge is one often used for purposes other than intended." (?) 

And, of course, Trump fired Flynn, who is now suing for Flynndication, which will no doubt reveal all sorts of other Flynndiocy.

Oh, and consider his defender here, Q Anon fellow traveler "Tracy Beanz" (Diaz):

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/how-three-conspiracy-theorists-took-q-sparked-qanon-n900531

Qanon was just another unremarkable part of the “anon” genre until November 2017, when two moderators of the 4chan board where Q posted predictions, who went by the usernames Pamphlet Anon and BaruchtheScribe, reached out to Tracy Diaz, according to Diaz’s blogs and YouTube videos. BaruchtheScribe, in reality a self-identified web programmer from South Africa named Paul Furber, confirmed that account to NBC News.

“A bunch of us decided that the message needed to go wider so we contacted Youtubers who had been commenting on the Q drops,” Furber said in an email.

Diaz, a small-time YouTube star who once hosted a talk show on the fringe right-wing network Liberty Movement Radio, had found moderate popularity with a couple of thousand views for her YouTube videos analyzing WikiLeaks releases and discussing the "pizzagate" conspiracy, a baseless theory that alleged a child sex ring was being run out of a Washington pizza shop.

As Diaz tells it in a blog post detailing her role in the early days of Qanon, she banded together with the two moderators. Their goal, according to Diaz, was to build a following for Qanon — which would mean bigger followings for them as well.

You’re lost in the weeds here.  Everything that went into the Flynndictment has to be weighed with respect to Flynndication. 

The indictment came, the doj squeeze was applied, the decision to plea was weighed and made,  additional information is alleged to have come to light, the defense considered if the please was flYNn his best interest, the DOJ reconsidered the case and  came to see it as a dog, and the case limped off into the corner and The Pardon came.  It was dead or dying on the vine. 

One can be a Qanon believer and still be a victim of overreach and tyranny. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

tyranny

Well that's a leap.

Point taken on the prosecution. But in your search for the larger context, you miss the largest context - the context that this discussion is about.

1. Flynn lied. He lied to investigators. He also liked to the VP, which is why Trump fired him:

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/2/16727988/trump-michael-flynn-fbi-lies-obstruction

2. Yes, the Government moved to dismiss in 2020. More accurately: the Trump/Barr Government moved to dismiss. Which was so bizarre that the judge ordered special briefings on exactly what was going on here:

Which one was politicized, the prosecution or the dismissal (and then pardon)? Maybe the answer is "both." That's in the eye of the beholder.

But the fact remains: liar. Proven liar. And nutjob. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Thread continues with more documentary proof that won't matter to asshat hoaxers such as @SectionC3 @BillStime @ChiGoose et al.

As always these mofos can continue to ***** right off...

It’s a day ending in “y” so you’re thinking about me. Very flattered! 🥰🥰🥰🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well that's a leap.

Point taken on the prosecution. But in your search for the larger context, you miss the largest context - the context that this discussion is about.

1. Flynn lied. He lied to investigators. He also liked to the VP, which is why Trump fired him:

2. Yes, the Government moved to dismiss in 2020. More accurately: the Trump/Barr Government moved to dismiss. Which was so bizarre that the judge ordered special briefings on exactly what was going on here:

Which one was politicized, the prosecution or the dismissal (and then pardon)? Maybe the answer is "both." That's in the eye of the beholder.

But the fact remains: liar. Proven liar. And nutjob. 

Both were politicized.  And Joe Biden is a proven liar and likely much, much worse and he was elected king. 

One involved steamrolling an opponent, destroying him and his family,  and putting him jail. The other involved recognizing that the other involved steamrolling an opponent, destroying him and his family and putting him in jail. 

Seems like an easy choice for fair minded Americans, especially in light of Washington politics. The problem is people only want to be fair minded when their guy is defining “fairness”.   Then they have want to lob in QAnon!! to distract from the issues. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Agreed, a pardon. 

Hoax.  He didn’t receive the pardon in consideration for the plea.  The pardon was given as an override of the justice system by a president who neither respects nor understands the rule of law. 

• Haha (+1) 1

You’re lost in the weeds here.  Everything that went into the Flynndictment has to be weighed with respect to Flynndication. 

The indictment came, the doj squeeze was applied, the decision to plea was weighed and made,  additional information is alleged to have come to light, the defense considered if the please was flYNn his best interest, the DOJ reconsidered the case and  came to see it as a dog, and the case limped off into the corner and The Pardon came.  It was dead or dying on the vine. 

One can be a Qanon believer and still be a victim of overreach and tyranny. 

Hoax. There has never been a Flynndication.  He’s a criminal.  He just happened to luck into a pardon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  He didn’t receive the pardon in consideration for the plea.  The pardon was given as an override of the justice system by a president who neither respects nor understands the rule of law. 

He received the pardon because the pardon was extended.  The rest is speculation as viewed through a hyper-partisan lens, which is fine for you and the spinsters in your book club, but irrelevant generally. 

From Leh-nerd's Informed Treatise on Political Discourse:

18. Those opposed to a presidential pardon generally don't like the president or his party. 

And don't you dare hoax me again.  

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. There has never been a Flynndication.  He’s a criminal.  He just happened to luck into a pardon. 

Oh, there was a Flynndication, Jack, I assure you of that! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He received the pardon because the pardon was extended.  The rest is speculation as viewed through a hyper-partisan lens, which is fine for you and the spinsters in your book club, but irrelevant generally. 

From Leh-nerd's Informed Treatise on Political Discourse:

18. Those opposed to a presidential pardon generally don't like the president or his party. 

And don't you dare hoax me again.  

Oh, there was a Flynndication, Jack, I assure you of that! 

Hoax.  Only a small number of applications for a pardon are granted.  He was one of the lucky ones. 

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t want him anywhere near the levers of power again. 

Yeah, I don't either. What I find most interesting, intriguing and disturbing about today's story about Flynn is his information about the institution(s) that currently have the power (and the levers of power).

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Some weird Q Anon blogger: but they made Mike Flynn lie!

Did they make him lie to Mike Pence too?

Simple solution: tell the truth; it’s easier to remember. 

FBI Director Comey publicly boasted of his intent to entrap Flynn.  Sure Flynn fell for it. But this admission at a minimum should tell you Comey's intentions were tainted.  I might add, he also admitted passing confidential information to his contact at the NY Times leaking news of an ongoing investigation (a real big no-no according to AG Garland) and by way of some slight of hand somehow avoided any charges under the now famous Espionage Act.

Yet another pesky exception to that nobody is above the law mantra  most curiously when the perpetrator provides an unambiguous public confession.   A slamdunk prosecution for any first year law student.  But surprise!  Off to the talk show circuit instead of jail.  

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

FBI Director Comey publicly boasted of his intent to entrap Flynn.  Sure Flynn fell for it. But this admission at a minimum should tell you Comey's intentions were tainted.  I might add, he also admitted passing confidential information to his contact at the NY Times leaking news of an ongoing investigation (a real big no-no according to AG Garland) and by way of some slight of hand somehow avoided any charges under the now famous Espionage Act.

Yet another pesky exception to that nobody is above the law mantra  most curiously when the perpetrator provides an unambiguous public confession.   A slamdunk prosecution for any first year law student.  But surprise!  Off to the talk show circuit instead of jail.  

I don’t think you understand what “entrapment” means in US law. 
Flynn had ALREADY LIED in January 2017 to Pence and Sean Spicer, claiming his calls to the Russian ambassador had nothing to do with sanctions. Trump himself tweeted that he fired Flynn for that reason. 
He did it again to federal investigators. 
Here’s a handy timeline:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna720671

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Only a small number of applications for a pardon are granted.  He was one of the lucky ones.

I feel like you're arguing only with yourself. 

A small number of applications for a pardon are granted, and he was granted a pardon.  I would not argue that was unlucky for him. 

Kismet.  We agree. 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I feel like you're arguing only with yourself. 

A small number of applications for a pardon are granted, and he was granted a pardon.  I would not argue that was unlucky for him. 

Kismet.  We agree. 

What we will never know: did Flynn plead guilty and promise other things (not implicating Trump? First son in law Jared?) in exchange for a promised pardon?

Note that Flynn also "forgot" to disclose that he was lobbying for the government of Turkey prior to his appointment to the tune of about half a million dollars - he filed the paperwork after his appointment.

Ann all-around creep and grifter who has somehow - the only way I can think of is by pandering to the Q Anons - become a cause celebre for the nutcase fringe right.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t think you understand what “entrapment” means in US law. 
Flynn had ALREADY LIED in January 2017 to Pence and Sean Spicer, claiming his calls to the Russian ambassador had nothing to do with sanctions. Trump himself tweeted that he fired Flynn for that reason. 
He did it again to federal investigators. 
Here’s a handy timeline:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna720671

The cult chooses very curious things to care about and very specific times to care about them. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What we will never know: did Flynn plead guilty and promise other things (not implicating Trump? First son in law Jared?) in exchange for a promised pardon?

Note that Flynn also "forgot" to disclose that he was lobbying for the government of Turkey prior to his appointment to the tune of about half a million dollars - he filed the paperwork after his appointment.

Ann all-around creep and grifter who has somehow - the only way I can think of is by pandering to the Q Anons - become a cause celebre for the nutcase fringe right.

"What we will never know..." is the standard bearer for conspiracy theorists and pimply-faced virgins, Frank. Out of respect for you and the high standards of this board, I will assume you are neither (for now).  Though, you're really, really hooked into this Qanon thing.  

Let's go with what we know.  "Lying..." generally is a standard enforced in the political realm only when politically expedient.  I won't rehash trafficking in confidential information, removing classified documents from one(s) days in the Senate, unmasking, FISA abuse(s), spying on opposition candidates etc, but we can place that to the side for a minute and pretend that I'm wrong.

What we know for certain is the case against Flynn was messy, based on notes from the investigation, the inference of malice,  the withholding of information from defense, and the ultimate decision by DOJ to scuttle the whole she'bang. 

We know that Trump pardoned Flynn, that Trump had the right to pardon Flynn (unless you all are still on the Trump wasn't legitimately elected bandwagon), and everyone knows that every president pardons someone the other side complains about.  

"What we will never know..." is the standard bearer for conspiracy theorists and pimply-faced virgins, Frank. Out of respect for you and the high standards of this board, I will assume you are neither (for now).  Though, you're really, really hooked into this Qanon thing.  

Let's go with what we know.  "Lying..." generally is a standard enforced in the political realm only when politically expedient.  I won't rehash trafficking in confidential information, removing classified documents from one(s) days in the Senate, unmasking, FISA abuse(s), spying on opposition candidates etc, but we can place that to the side for a minute and pretend that I'm wrong.

What we know for certain is the case against Flynn was messy, based on notes from the investigation, the inference of malice,  the withholding of information from defense, and the ultimate decision by DOJ to scuttle the whole she'bang. 

We know that Trump pardoned Flynn, that Trump had the right to pardon Flynn (unless you all are still on the Trump wasn't legitimately elected bandwagon), and everyone knows that every president pardons someone the other side complains about.  

Oh, Trump had the right to pardon Flynn all right.

Questions about pardons are legitimate, particularly when the pardon bypasses the normal bureaucratic process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, Trump had the right to pardon Flynn all right.

Questions about pardons are legitimate, particularly when the pardon bypasses the normal bureaucratic process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

Bingo!   Exactly!   

The punishment for pardon(ing) violent criminals, those guilty of sexual abuse of children, and major financial crimes was a ceremonial “Not Cool, Bill” in Congress.  Add to that his issues with perjury and sexual predation over a decade or two culminating with cigar play and a doe-eyed intern in the Oval Office.  The price to pay for all these shenanigans…?

“Let’s make his perpetually enabling life partner a Senator!”.

”Wow, she’d be a great Sec of State!”

”Extremely reckless and careless with classified info—she should be President!”.

Flynn is small potatos here, hardly a footnote.  Those who feign outrage over his pardon often trip over their own moral ambivalence to do so. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Flynn is small potatos here

Flynn's conviction/pardon isn't such a big deal.

What is a big deal: his open support for the idea of declaring martial law to keep Trump in the White House. Nobody - Nixon, Clinton/Gore (the contested election of 2000), Lincoln in the midst of the Civil War - nobody ever suggested such a thing before. It should absolutely disqualify him from any sort of public life, "convicted" or not.

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Flynn's conviction/pardon isn't such a big deal.

Well, in contrast with what you just shared, and the millions of liberal voters who supported W Clinton, and pledged continued support for H Clinton 20 years thereafter, its barely a blip on the presidential pardon radar.   But, handwringing and fauxrage are part of the national collective, so we push on. 

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What is a big deal: his open support for the idea of declaring martial law to keep Trump in the White House. Nobody - Nixon, Clinton/Gore (the contested election of 2000), Lincoln in the midst of the Civil War - nobody ever suggested such a thing before. It should absolutely disqualify him from any sort of public life, "convicted" or not.

Sure, that’s a reasonable position and he should rightly be criticized for that foolishness.    

Though, that whole pandemic management thing provided a bit of a test run for that which we all fear, no?  Lockdowns under threat of law and financial ruin, people in leadership largely ignoring lockdown protocol on a personal and professional  level, winners/losers on the business front determined, targeted enforcement for religious organizations, and of course, massive gatherings that surely spread the virus being treated differently than the rest of society.   

57 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Though, that whole pandemic management thing provided a bit of a test run for that which we all fear, no?  Lockdowns under threat of law and financial ruin, people in leadership largely ignoring lockdown protocol on a personal and professional  level, winners/losers on the business front determined, targeted enforcement for religious organizations, and of course, massive gatherings that surely spread the virus being treated differently than the rest of society

Nothing quite on the order of suspending the constitutionally mandated presidential succession model based on ... what? Unsupported allegations of (now refuted allegations) of election machine tampering? Unsupported allegations of voter fraud sufficient to change the results in one or more states?

What if the Biden Administration were to run with this? Let's say they lose in the electoral college in 2024 but claim that various states suppressed the vote. Martial law! We'll need to have the military run America (who elected them?) until we sort this out. And who will "sort this out?" Why, that would be me, the "interim president."

This - along with the diabolical fake electors scheme - was so far beyond the pale that either Republican supporters are simply ignoring the magnitude of the issue (but Hillary!) or they actually think martial law would be a good thing. Sometimes its hard to tell these days.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

22 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nothing quite on the order of suspending the constitutionally mandated presidential succession model based on ... what? Unsupported allegations of (now refuted allegations) of election machine tampering? Unsupported allegations of voter fraud sufficient to change the results in one or more states?

What if the Biden Administration were to run with this? Let's say they lose in the electoral college in 2024 but claim that various states suppressed the vote. Martial law! We'll need to have the military run America (who elected them?) until we sort this out. And who will "sort this out?" Why, that would be me, the "interim president."

After the last 7 years, I have no doubt the democrat party would pursue this option if it would further their agenda and they could get away with it.  Worse yet, I believe a substantial number of dem voters would support it if properly manipulated by their leadership. 

22 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This - along with the diabolical fake electors scheme - was so far beyond the pale that either Republican supporters are simply ignoring the magnitude of the issue (but Hillary!) or they actually think martial law would be a good thing. Sometimes its hard to tell these days.

Here’s the problem, Frank—-what passed as “the pale” in 2016 was completely unacceptable in a constitutional republic even when you despise the target and his/her supporters.  All we’re seeing now is the people all in on illegitimate election fantasies and all the went with it 2016-2020 getting squeamish when the game escalates.  These are the same people who believe that terms like “slippage” explain away a couple decades of pilfering classified documents as senator/vp etc, and 51 intelligence officials assisting the political candidate of their choice.  These are the people who would support martial law. 

Beyond the pale….👨🏻‍🦯🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 7 months later...