Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

18 minutes ago, teef said:

i gave my impression like you did that's all.  it bothers you because it's pretty evident the internet bothers you.  you try with these jabs, but you don't realize how foolish you come off.  

for example, you ask me if i have a job!  sure i do.  i even own my own business.  yet you were the one posting until what, 3am?  here you are, all angry and bitter again, posting away/  what do you do for work?

on top of that, ,i don't think you understand the rich irony of calling someone a beaten down girlfriend.  you desperately tried to use it as an insult, when you didn't realize at all you were describing yourself!  let me cry about how this team is wronging me, yet i'll give them thousands whenever they ask!!!  see now?

take a back seat.  you're out of your league.

Youre special 

14 minutes ago, mrags said:

Youre special 

Tell you what.  Why don’t you send me your address, and I’ll send you the best rain poncho money can buy.  Ya know…on account of there not being a dome.  Don’t want you to get too wet. 

Edited by teef
  • Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Tell you what.  Why don’t you send me your address, and I’ll send you the best rain poncho money can buy.  Ya know…on account of there not being a dome.  Don’t want you to get too wet. 

I could care less if there is a dome or not. I will be laughing when this new stadium has the same issues as Highmark with selling tickets in December and January due to the weather. They had issues the last two seasons in December having sellouts and that's with the team being good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I could care less if there is a dome or not. I will be laughing when this new stadium has the same issues as Highmark with selling tickets in December and January due to the weather. They had issues the last two seasons in December having sellouts and that's with the team being good. 

I really wanted a dome. I can’t stand the cold and would love to go to a game and relax for a few hours without the elements. I get you always have to prepare for tailgating, but we really don’t do that anymore.   The difference is once I learned the stadium didn’t have a dome, I said oh well and moved on from it.  It sucks, but it’s over.   The point I was trying to make before about the renderings was that I’m not sure you can have a perfect conclusion to where the awning stops.  It’s hard to tell exactly where it ends, so who know how much it covers.  It may be more than some are griping about, it could be exactly what’s shown.  Not sure. 

even though the design is kind of uninspiring, I’m sure it’s going to be a huge upgrade and a lot of fun to experience.  

35 minutes ago, Figster said:

My thought is If the stadium was designed more like a sphere thats cut off at the top at a certain point you will keep more snow out and may not have to deal with it at all from an accumulation standpoint. Big Skylights around the top of the sphere. Easier to go Dome in the future. To me the current roof and opening design may allow for to much snow accumulation into the interior. Blowing around in blizzard conditions and going places that are harder to remove vs falling more downward IMO.  Snow goes sideways allot in Orchard Park.

Interesting points. These days we’re able to create a computer model of the entire facility and then perform ‘virtual’ wind tunnel testing on it. The architects will study sun angles for television lighting, wind, and of course snow. 

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

You do realize that the Pegulas will likely end up only paying for about 10-15% of the cost, right? Also, they are so rich that they could have foot the bill for a dome and it would be like any of us spending $100 on a fancy meal. But they're hoarding their billions. 🙄

Show some gratitude. If it weren’t for Kim and Terry we would be the LA Bills.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

I really wanted a dome. I can’t stand the cold and would love to go to a game and relax for a few hours without the elements. I get you always have to prepare for tailgating, but we really don’t do that anymore.   The difference is once I learned the stadium didn’t have a dome, I said oh well and moved on from it.  It sucks, but it’s over.   The point I was trying to make before about the renderings was that I’m not sure you can have a perfect conclusion to where the awning stops.  It’s hard to tell exactly where it ends, so who know how much it covers.  It may be more than some are griping about, it could be exactly what’s shown.  Not sure. 

even though the design is kind of uninspiring, I’m sure it’s going to be a huge upgrade and a lot of fun to experience.  

I'm over the dome part. I know it will be a huge upgrade but I don't think its going to be much different amenity wise then Highmark other then being updated. This is from an interview with people working on the Bills stadium project. 

With respect to the project, what is the ultimate goal in terms of the kind of stadium you're looking to build? And how much different will it be than Highmark Stadium

RR: We're going to build the best football stadium we possibly can for the Buffalo Bills and our fans. It will be state of the art and will have a great deal of modern amenities that we currently lack at Highmark Stadium. We do, however, want to maintain the intimacy, great sight lines and the amazing home field advantage and energy we currently have at Highmark Stadium. It will be a football specific stadium and we want to take advantage of all of the modern amenities, comfort, and technology available to us as we develop our plan with the architects.

Compare that to what developers are saying about the Titans stadium. 

What are your goals for fan experience in the new stadium?

BN: "We want it to be a modern experience. Our current facility has served our fans well for a few decades. But there is a better experience that is available by thinking about the diversity of experience. Many of our fans just want to get to the game, park in their seats, and watch the game. But what you see around the NFL, the best stadiums allow fans the choice about how they want to attend the game and interact with the stadium. So, that may be a great seat that has a good view of the game and they're parked there the entire time. And, that may be a social experience. There's families who want the ability to roam around a little bit with their little ones. We have millennials who would like to have something of a game-long tailgate. So, we are trying to build a building and design a building that accommodates a wide range of experiences. We are really, really focused on building a great fan experience, a home-field advantage frankly, through the design of this building and we feel like there are some really great opportunities."

IMO the Titans stadium and it's amenities are what the Bills should be building. After reading those two interviews the Bills went for an update to Highmark instead of putting on the level of what new stadiums offer.  It's not just about the game on the field anymore or tailgating. I know many here that's all they care about is the game on the field but it's not who the league is trying to cater to anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Don't worry, everyone can go down to the heated concourses and watch the games on TV there.   😁 

Edited by PBF81

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Interesting points. These days we’re able to create a computer model of the entire facility and then perform ‘virtual’ wind tunnel testing on it. The architects will study sun angles for television lighting, wind, and of course snow. 

Speaking of wind its possible strong blowers could help prevent to much snow from accumulating on the interior IMO. Another reason a sphere shape design may be more beneficial in the environment IMO.

15 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

IMO the Titans stadium and it's amenities are what the Bills should be building. After reading those two interviews the Bills went for an update to Highmark instead of putting on the level of what new stadiums offer.  It's not just about the game on the field anymore or tailgating. I know many here that's all they care about is the game on the field but it's not who the league is trying to cater to anymore. 

And honestly, how difficult is it to "upgrade" a 50-year old stadium.  

I will say, larger concourses comparable with modern standards would be nice.  

Walking around shoulder to shoulder with more than enough drunks to make that experience somewhat less than pleasurable isn't fun or modern.  

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Speaking of wind it’s possible strong blowers could help prevent too much snow from accumulating on the interior IMO. Another reason a sphere shape design may be more beneficial in the environment IMO.

I think you mean a cylinder, not a sphere. Once again, what might seem the best configuration to you might not actually be the design that best reacts to the modeled conditions. Believe me….it’s being looked at in the computer modeling. 

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm over the dome part. I know it will be a huge upgrade but I don't think its going to be much different amenity wise then Highmark other then being updated. This is from an interview with people working on the Bills stadium project. 

With respect to the project, what is the ultimate goal in terms of the kind of stadium you're looking to build? And how much different will it be than Highmark Stadium

RR: We're going to build the best football stadium we possibly can for the Buffalo Bills and our fans. It will be state of the art and will have a great deal of modern amenities that we currently lack at Highmark Stadium. We do, however, want to maintain the intimacy, great sight lines and the amazing home field advantage and energy we currently have at Highmark Stadium. It will be a football specific stadium and we want to take advantage of all of the modern amenities, comfort, and technology available to us as we develop our plan with the architects.

Compare that to what developers are saying about the Titans stadium. 

What are your goals for fan experience in the new stadium?

BN: "We want it to be a modern experience. Our current facility has served our fans well for a few decades. But there is a better experience that is available by thinking about the diversity of experience. Many of our fans just want to get to the game, park in their seats, and watch the game. But what you see around the NFL, the best stadiums allow fans the choice about how they want to attend the game and interact with the stadium. So, that may be a great seat that has a good view of the game and they're parked there the entire time. And, that may be a social experience. There's families who want the ability to roam around a little bit with their little ones. We have millennials who would like to have something of a game-long tailgate. So, we are trying to build a building and design a building that accommodates a wide range of experiences. We are really, really focused on building a great fan experience, a home-field advantage frankly, through the design of this building and we feel like there are some really great opportunities."

i get it.  i'm not sure those quotes are as telling as you may think, but they certainly could be.  i'd wait to see exactly how they changed the internal before getting worked up one way or the other.  i personally don't care much about the amenities, as i rather see a good game experience.  i say that as a partial truth.  since we really don't tailgate anymore, i like to go into the stadium a bit early, get some food, hang out and have a few drinks.  we usually sit in the jim kelly club, and it has gotten blah, so upgrades would be nice.  outside of that, anything extra isn't something i would typically use.  you'll probably see a bills hall of fame area, more stores, more food choices, etc.  i'm guessing it's just going to be an upgraded version of what you have now, and that works for me.  

i think people need to move on from the idea of what the titans stadium is.  at the end of the day they'll get more because they spent a lot more.  i'm not sure they found it a great financial idea to build a palace in wny.  outside of this area, absolutely no one will care.  not even the people from downstate will give a *****, so this really just seems to be a small, regional thing.  the level of investing being put in is likely just right for the area.

8 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

should teef or mrags stay or go

@mrags...he's trying to tear us apart.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think you mean a cylinder, not a sphere. Once again, what might seem the best configuration to you might not actually be the design that best reacts to the modeled conditions. Believe me….it’s being looked at in the computer modeling. 

I mean sphere shaped towards the top. Wind will increse at the top and push over the opening.

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

And honestly, how difficult is it to "upgrade" a 50-year old stadium.  

I will say, larger concourses comparable with modern standards would be nice.  

Walking around shoulder to shoulder with more than enough drunks to make that experience somewhat less than pleasurable isn't fun or modern.  

It's not about upgrading a 50 year old stadium. My point is that the new stadium is basically an updated Highmark stadium.  

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

I mean sphere shaped towards the top. Wind will increse at the top and push over the opening.

The shape you're describing would better be described as a 'dome'....even if that word is forbidden on here. I guarantee they have studied it. The lake effect winds are not going to be a surprise to the designers. They were probably told about them at the very first meeting. Remember, Popolous is a design firm that specializes in sports venue design. Their staff is very versed in all things, sports. The notorious Rich Stadium conditions are well known to anyone who watches football, let alone these specialized experts.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i get it.  i'm not sure those quotes are as telling as you may think, but they certainly could be.  i'd wait to see exactly how they changed the internal before getting worked up one way or the other.  i personally don't care much about the amenities, as i rather see a good game experience.  i say that as a partial truth.  since we really don't tailgate anymore, i like to go into the stadium a bit early, get some food, hang out and have a few drinks.  we usually sit in the jim kelly club, and it has gotten blah, so upgrades would be nice.  outside of that, anything extra isn't something i would typically use.  you'll probably see a bills hall of fame area, more stores, more food choices, etc.  i'm guessing it's just going to be an upgraded version of what you have now, and that works for me.  

i think people need to move on from the idea of what the titans stadium is.  at the end of the day they'll get more because they spent a lot more.  i'm not sure they found it a great financial idea to build a palace in wny.  outside of this area, absolutely no one will care.  not even the people from downstate will give a *****, so this really just seems to be a small, regional thing.  the level of investing being put in is likely just right for the area.

@mrags...he's trying to tear us apart.

It's not so much trying to appeal to to other parts of the state or drawing in people across the country but more about drawing in a different type of fan then that goes to the games now. In that interview with Titans stadium they talk about appealing to different types of fans, from families to fans like you. That's the way leagues are heading.  I have a 4 year old and would love to go to a game. The problem is she won't sit still for a whole game. If they had an area for kids to get their wiggles out I would me more inclined to go. 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The shape you're describing would better be described as a 'dome'....even if that word is forbidden on here. I guarantee they have studied it. The lake effect winds are not going to be a surprise to the designers. They were probably told about them at the very first meeting. Remember, Popolous is a design firm that specializes in sports venue design. Their staff is very versed in all things, sports. The notorious Rich Stadium conditions are well known to anyone who watches football, let alone these specialized experts.

Lol, hey man, I was trying to avoid mentioning the D word, and only used it once.

Populous has a great reputation. Absolutely. Buffalo and Orchard Park on the other hand has its own reputation as having the worst weather in the NFL. Somewhat unique conditions. 4 foot of snow adds up fast at 20 lbs a cubic foot.  

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I think they know that’s really all the region can realistically support. 

I'm not so sure they can realistically support this stadium. I have a feeling many hardcore fans are going to be priced out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.