National Day of Hate

ChiGoose

35 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no.  i think history can repeat.  I think Jan 6 could have been a preamble to what Hitler pulled off and alt right groups could play a big role.  I'd rather they not run things here.

Did you just compare Trump to Hitler? And then double down on it by quoting yourself?

What's a matter with you man, pull yourself together and think long and hard about that ridiculous comparison.

That's why nobody takes you guys seriously anymore. Crap like that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Did you just compare Trump to Hitler? And then double down on it by quoting yourself?

What's a matter with you man, pull yourself together and think long and hard about that ridiculous comparison.

Earlier in the thread he literally made up that he saw nazi recruiting flyers on a message board at the head of some hiking trail. He didn’t take a picture, didn’t call a ranger or police, didn’t post in on Facebook and nobody else in the entire world saw it. This is the person you’re speaking to. He’s delusional 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

REMINDER:

Chicago police: No 'National Day of Hate' related incidents ...

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-police-no-national-day-of-hate-related-incidents-reported/

— Chicago police, Illinois State Police and other police agencies released statements urging people to be vigilant after they saw an increase in “ ...

Despite fears, 'Day of Hate' passes without incident

https://forward.com/fast-forward/537719/day-of-hate-outcome-anti-defamation-league/

— Jewish communities breathed a sigh of relief as the supposed 'Day of Hate' planned by white supremacists passed without incident.

Thank you Jake and Elwood!

23 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Guess we see trump differently.  He's crazy like a fox and loves power and money.  That is some strong motivation and a scary combo.  He's (and Fox) got a 3rd of the country believing he won an election that he lost by many electoral votes (74 to be exact).

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Guess we see trump differently.  He's crazy like a fox and loves power and money.  That is some strong motivation.  He's got a 3rd of the country believing he won an election that he lost by many electoral votes (74 to be exact).

They were waiting for a weak leader, and you dumbasses gave um what they wanted. 

The country was way better off 4 years ago.  "National day of hate" **** off, that's something tick tock invented. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Guess we see trump differently.  He's crazy like a fox and loves power and money.  That is some strong motivation and a scary combo.  He's (and Fox) got a 3rd of the country believing he won an election that he lost by many electoral votes (74 to be exact).

Are you aware of a politician that doesn’t love power and money? I would love to hear who might fall into that category. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TSOL said:

They were waiting for a weak leader, and you dumbasses gave um what they wanted. 

The country was way better off 4 years ago.  "National day of hate" **** off, that's something tick tock invented. 

if it was a preemptive strike (and I very much doubt it), it was brilliant

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Are you aware of a politician that doesn’t love power and money? I would love to hear who might fall into that category. 

first thought:  Bernie. second and 3rd: Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger.  I'd also vote (and have previously) for Tim Kaine whom I've met.  Great guy x not into nationalized healthcare.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 3

Why do leftists think that hitler rose in a vacuum?

”Then one day, for no reason at all, people voted for Hitler.”

If you don’t want fascism you need to excise bolsheviks from your society. We aren’t even close to the levels of degeneracy and terror bolsheviks managed to inflict on Weimar Germany, but we’re going to get there on this track. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

if it was a preemptive strike (and I very much doubt it), it was brilliant

first thought:  Bernie. second and 3rd: Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger.  I'd also vote (and have previously) for Tim Kaine whom I've met.  Great guy x not into nationalized healthcare.

Alll got very wealthy being public servants. 

And are supported by Highly and corporate funded PACS.

but for real, Adam Kinzinger?  dude doesnt even have support in his own district.  and whats up with crying when cought lying. its kinda pathetic on his part.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

but for real, Adam Kinzinger?  dude doesnt even have support in his own district.  and whats up with crying when cought lying. its kinda pathetic on his part.

But he has all those commendations from flying cargo in the war torn region of Guam!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

https://legitnetworth.com/adam-kinzinger-net-worth/.  The guy is very bright.  I'd bet he could be much richer working in the private sector, so I guess he will be.  Cheney was born rich.  Bernies worth about $3 mil but same argument as for knizinger.  orders of magnitude less than what trump supposedly has but they didn't spend their entire lives being biz cheats...

Edited by redtail hawk

13 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Just like liberals believe that Bush lost and Trump lost in 2016- only difference is that no one called your lies "the big lie". I was in Ireland in 2004 and I was told there that everyone knows 2000 a stolen election and that FL was fraudulent. But if you think 99% of politicians don't love money and power you are extremely naive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Just like liberals believe that Bush lost and Trump lost in 2016- only difference is that no one called your lies "the big lie". I was in Ireland in 2004 and I was told there that everyone knows 2000 a stolen election and that FL was fraudulent. But if you think 99% of politicians don't love money and power you are extremely naive.

many, if not most of these people are over 50 and many much older. .  This is not a 5% group at the median.  There are several lawmakers in debt per this..  https://ballotpedia.org/Net_worth_of_United_States_Senators_and_Representatives

Edited by redtail hawk

34 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

many, if not most of these people are over 50 and many much older. .  This is not a 5% group at the median.  There are several lawmakers in debt per this..  https://ballotpedia.org/Net_worth_of_United_States_Senators_and_Representatives

Based on everything you’ve seen do you expect all those people to eventually leave congress significantly more well off, more well off, the same…off, less well off. This is a test of your powers of observation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Based on everything you’ve seen do you expect all those people to eventually leave congress significantly more well off, more well off, the same…off, less well off. This is a test of your powers of observation. 

i'm all for term limits.  No more Robert Byrd's.  And throw in a prohibition of ever working for a lobbyist after holding office.

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i'm all for term limits.  No more Robert Byrd's.  And throw in a prohibition of ever working for a lobbyist after holding office.

This must be your way of saying they all love money and power. Like the bad orange man. Exception granted for the altruists Sanders, Kinz, and Cheney of course. 

Did you get a chance to go to Bernie’s paid-admission “It’s OK To Be Angry About Capitalism” event in DC last night? Average ticket price was only 89.00. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

no.  i think history can repeat.  I think Jan 6 could have been a preamble to what Hitler pulled off and alt right groups could play a big role.  I'd rather they not run things here.

I think most of this  is just you being intentionally oblivious to your political party's/press exploitation of some riled up idiots. But you are obviously entitled to your own opinion. 

But let me add a backhanded compliment,  you are the closest thing we have to a rational D on this side of the board, at least to my knowledge. 

Edited by Tenhigh
Clarity
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

But let me add a backhanded compliment,  you are the closest thing we have to a rational D on this side of the board, at least to my knowledge. 

But to be fair that bar is set very, very low.

• Haha (+1) 1