Should the Bills switch to a 3-4 defense?

Tipster19

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Don’t get it twisted… McDermott runs the team with beane under him

McDermott ran the first draft… Which gave us cornerstone pieces in Tre , Dawkins , Milano … Plus ammunition to move up to get Josh

McDermitt also Had his blue prints all over beane being hired

Beane has been really good with the cap and bringing in some guys … but his drafting record , especially in the meat rounds (2-3) is lacking 

his drafting hasn’t been top of the league 

McDermott Brought us out of 17 years of futility

McDermott ended the drought.  Whoever’s decision is was to draft Josh Allen brought us out of futility. 

Just now, NewEra said:

McDermott ended the drought.  Whoever’s decision is was to draft Josh Allen brought us out of futility. 

Pretty sure McDermott had something to do with that also… 

And I know scouts in the industry… Who had Josh above Mahomes coming out

So we got Tre White plush Josh

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Beane has 1 success … josh Allen 

McDermott drafted Tre White and Matt Milano and Dion Dawkins… And brought us to the playoffs after 17 years of obscurity

Meh.. First year McClappy made the playoffs was with outside help could have easily missed if not for that miraculous TD pass from Dalton.  I'll give him credit for 2019 because Tommy was still in the division (of course he lost both games) but after that it shouldn't be hard to make the playoffs when your QB1 is Josh Allen in a division that featured QB's Mac Jones, Tua, Darnold and Zac Wilson.  

Edited by ChrisWatson#21

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pretty sure McDermott had something to do with that also… 

And I know scouts in the industry… Who had Josh above Mahomes coming out

So we got Tre White plush Josh

He’s been a driving force in getting us to where we are today.  The divisional round.  Hopefully he and his coordinators can step up in the playoffs next year and we can take the step we thought we’d be taking the previous 2 seasons. 

I figured he would retain Dorsey and Frazier and the Pegulas wouldn’t force him to make any changes.  He’s sticking to his guns.  He’s a loyal man.  Let’s hope it’s not to his detriment.  His clock is officially ticking after a lame duck at home scoring 10 points and getting steamrolled.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s been a driving force in getting us to where we are today.  The divisional round.  Hopefully he and his coordinators can step up in the playoffs next year and we can take the step we thought we’d be taking the previous 2 seasons. 

I figured he would retain Dorsey and Frazier and the Pegulas wouldn’t force him to make any changes.  He’s sticking to his guns.  He’s a loyal man.  Let’s hope it’s not to his detriment.  His clock is officially ticking after a lame duck at home scoring 10 points and getting steamrolled.

Sometimes loyalty will be to your detriment in football

Trust me it’s hard to fire your friends when they’re your subordinates in football

Sean is very loyal…. He needs to make business decisions… Even if it means the coordinators are on a very short leash

• Agree 1

Since Frazier/McD are ok with D approach and since McD is not firing Frazier, that would involve firing Frazier, which means firing McD, which then means new HC replacing entire coaching staff and starting over.  Is that what everyone wants?  A 3-4 year re tool of the roster to fit the new coordinators schemes?   

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Since Frazier/McD are ok with D approach and since McD is not firing Frazier, that would involve firing Frazier, which means firing McD, which then means new HC replacing entire coaching staff and starting over.  Is that what everyone wants?  A 3-4 year re tool of the roster to fit the new coordinators schemes?   

Has anyone here clarified if Frazier is on the last year of his deal?

I.E., he needs to be re-signed to a new contract to be retained? 

Was that correct information?  Why haven't the Bills announced a re-signing?

Seems like it would be a lot easier to part ways with him, from a PR perspective, if they can simply not re-sign him, and he announces his retirement.

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sometimes loyalty will be to your detriment in football

Trust me it’s hard to fire your friends when they’re your subordinates in football

Sean is very loyal…. He needs to make business decisions… Even if it means the coordinators are on a very short leash

He's already demonstrated he's happy to send people packing in the interest of his own self preservation.

He's a one dimensional, driven, highly motivated guy.  If Pegula was putting pressure on him to get rid of the coordinators, he would.

The problem is Terry Pegula is the dumbest sports fan you've even known of....so don't look for him to be making productive inputs to the team.  I'm not sure Pegula will be aware enough to fire McDermott when that time comes.  We may be saddled to McD for the next 20 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.