Drive-thru marijuana dispensary near Highmark?

notwoz

4 hours ago, Irv said:

In NY it sure seems to everywhere but the roll-out and opening of dispensaries has been turtle pace.  I think the dispensaries will eventually open and then NY will tax the ***** out of it.  This will keep the dealers in business long term.      

We took our 10 year old grandson to NYC last summer and it sure SMELLED like it was everywhere. I don’t know what the rules are on actually smoking it, but there were people all over walking down the sidewalk smoking joints. I was hoping I wasn’t going to have to explain that funny smell everywhere. 

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Part of the quality issue in the NY dispensaries comes from the rule in NYS legalization that any/all flower sold must come from within NYS.

There is a similar rule for local distilleries. They have to source all their ingredients from within NYS. No importing potatoes from Idaho for your vodka.

In theory, I like the rule. It's a good way to drive more business and jobs into the state and provide regional economics than simply reselling weed they get from California or a Mexican Cartel.

But the rub is that all the grow houses are recently established and don't have those foundational plants and operating procedures down yet.

While weed was legalized a couple of years ago, the dispensaries were only allowed to open late last year. The state had to figure out permitting (and how to make sure the permits only went to their cronies). Towns had to vote on whether they'd allow dispensaries. Etc.

Lot of moving parts to allowing a brand new industry to operate. Especially when it is a Vice industry.

The state made the growers sit on finished product for a long time. Most of the stuff that was sold was packaged well over a year ago. A lot of the growers were up and running for a while.

You can get seeds and clones easily so getting quality strains isn’t an issue. Doesn’t really take long to set up and get going if they buy clones. Seed you have to pheno hunt but still. Take a bunch of clones and pick from there. At most it’s 6 months to start and fill the warehouse. We have one in Lockport waiting on the state. If it’s not up to their standards than make edibles with it. 

A lot of it was outdoor which at best is mids. NYS is very wet so a ton of mold issues. You couldn’t pay me to smoke NYS outdoor or any outdoor tbh.

The state is the problem. It’s like they ignored the other legal states and figured out what would make absolutely no sense and cause the most problems and did that. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

We took our 10 year old grandson to NYC last summer and it sure SMELLED like it was everywhere. I don’t know what the rules are on actually smoking it, but there were people all over walking down the sidewalk smoking joints. I was hoping I wasn’t going to have to explain that funny smell everywhere. 

Legal to smoke anywhere tobacco is. I’m shocked I don’t smell it anywhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, boyst said:

more people driving around stoned is all it's doing.

I don’t understand why people feel this way. 

Do people make a sandwich while they’re driving home after grocery shopping?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

in the last 3 years since covid i have noticed cars reeking of weed more than ever. i work near a call center for spectrum on a dead end road. 1 of about 5 cars have such a strong odor of weed that it is overwhelming. i get it, answering calls all day while high is going to make life easier... but jeesh, that's a lot of weed.

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

in the last 3 years since covid i have noticed cars reeking of weed more than ever. i work near a call center for spectrum on a dead end road. 1 of about 5 cars have such a strong odor of weed that it is overwhelming. i get it, answering calls all day while high is going to make life easier... but jeesh, that's a lot of weed.

Good place for cops to give tickets.  

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

we have reported several safety concerns. cops don't care. they're understaffed. they laughed when we called.

Ticket money is usually an incentive for jurisdictions.  Locally they install cameras wherever they believe they can make money since they are paying contractor to install and maintain.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:55 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The only violence I've ever witnessed by someone who was baked was on a bag of Doritos.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, boyst said:

Legal weed is not changing behavior. It's not like they are introducing pot. It's always been there. People always smoked it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Legal weed is not changing behavior. It's not like they are introducing pot. It's always been there. People always smoked it. 

It's illegal in NC but since 2020 it's been way more open to just seeing it being smoked or smelling vehicles drive by reeking of it. 

21 hours ago, boyst said:

be a lot cooler if you did full house whatever GIF

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

he’s right though.   5/10 cars in VA seem to be smoked out.   Can’t miss it when driving behind them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

be a lot cooler if you did full house whatever GIF

he’s right though.   5/10 cars in VA seem to be smoked out.   Can’t miss it when driving behind them. 

…or maybe 1/2 cars. Are you blazing?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

The state made the growers sit on finished product for a long time. Most of the stuff that was sold was packaged well over a year ago. A lot of the growers were up and running for a while.

You can get seeds and clones easily so getting quality strains isn’t an issue. Doesn’t really take long to set up and get going if they buy clones. Seed you have to pheno hunt but still. Take a bunch of clones and pick from there. At most it’s 6 months to start and fill the warehouse. We have one in Lockport waiting on the state. If it’s not up to their standards than make edibles with it. 

A lot of it was outdoor which at best is mids. NYS is very wet so a ton of mold issues. You couldn’t pay me to smoke NYS outdoor or any outdoor tbh.

The state is the problem. It’s like they ignored the other legal states and figured out what would make absolutely no sense and cause the most problems and did that. 

I could change your mind 😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Having easy access to wax, edibles, and pens, does change behavior. It allows you to conceal usage. 5 years ago if I wanted to get high I had to make everything around me smell like weed. Now I can just hit a pen. People do it at work. Driving. It’s absolutely changed behavior.

• Agree 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:46 PM, Augie said:

Smell it in public quite often.  So annoying. Smoke it in your house all you want.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.