Drive-thru marijuana dispensary near Highmark?

notwoz

The town of Orchard Park, N.Y., has received a request to approve a drive-through marijuana dispensary at 3715 Southwestern Blvd. ... within spitting distance of the stadium. Hmmm. Could add a new twist on the stadium's name: Highmark!

Here's the link, for those of you who can get past the paywall.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/drive-thru-pot-dispensary-proposed-in-orchard-park/article_b7d4c034-a0c6-11ed-8e26-0b07c74fc774.html

• Haha (+1) 1

• 11 months later...

It's wild how marijuana is gaining acceptance and becoming legal in so many places. It's like a whole new era for the green scene.I think it's definitely a unique idea, and I can't help but wonder how it'll all play out. So, speaking of my own experience, I was checking out a local store recently, and I came across this super cool bong for smoking. The variety and craftsmanship these days are mind-blowing. It's amazing to see how the cannabis culture has evolved and how it's bringing creativity to the forefront.

Edited by decsmarg
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, notwoz said:

The town of Orchard Park, N.Y., has received a request to approve a drive-through marijuana dispensary at 3715 Southwestern Blvd. ... within spitting distance of the stadium. Hmmm. Could add a new twist on the stadium's name: Highmark!

Here's the link, for those of you who can get past the paywall.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/drive-thru-pot-dispensary-proposed-in-orchard-park/article_b7d4c034-a0c6-11ed-8e26-0b07c74fc774.html

Board members last year changed the zoning code to limit cannabis retail shops to the adult use zone, the same place the town allows strip clubs and adult book stores. Adult uses are permitted only in industrial zones.

Orchard Park has a adult use zone?

55 minutes ago, decsmarg said:

It's wild how marijuana is gaining acceptance and becoming legal in so many places. It's like a whole new era for the green scene. I think it's definitely a unique idea, and I can't help but wonder how it'll all play out.

As long as they have a license to sell...

North Syracuse Police seize 7 pounds of cannabis in illegal cannabis dispensary investigation (localsyr.com)

Havent been much impressed by the current dispensaries in Buffalo that I visited over Christmas.

Decent spots for picking up edibles and that type of stuff. But the flower product was just ok, and damn expensive. Going to "my guy" is still a much better option for both quality and price.

I did like Herbal IQ on Transit in Depew. Probably where I'd go back to next time as well.

• Like (+1) 2

my friend in orchard park uses a delivery service in buffalo and loves it.  the flower he sent me looks through the roof.  the flower i've gotten from the canterra delivery and local places has been ok.

A bar at the beach near where we lived used to have a drive-thru where you could get drinks to go. Yes, there were open container laws and all that, but people just looked the other way for years. Just one of those quirky little things that was allowed to be and nobody thought much of it. I guess anything goes at the beach!  

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Havent been much impressed by the current dispensaries in Buffalo that I visited over Christmas.

Decent spots for picking up edibles and that type of stuff. But the flower product was just ok, and damn expensive. Going to "my guy" is still a much better option for both quality and price.

I did like Herbal IQ on Transit in Depew. Probably where I'd go back to next time as well.

I never buy flower at the dispensaries.  It’s always a little dried out, and usually more expensive than what I can get from my dude here in town.  They don’t properly handle the bud in the dispensaries.

11 hours ago, decsmarg said:

It's wild how marijuana is gaining acceptance and becoming legal in so many places. It's like a whole new era for the green scene. I think it's definitely a unique idea, and I can't help but wonder how it'll all play out.

I read this book last year, and it really

changed my views on the issue. The link between marijuana use and mental

health problems is very strong. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Your-Children-Marijuana-Violence/dp/1982103671/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?adgrpid=129227562456&hvadid=580829965141&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9052407&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=1103419649454403166&hvtargid=kwd-604853000870&hydadcr=15120_13523052&keywords=alex+berenson+tell+your+children&qid=1704851629&s=books&sr=1-1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I never buy flower at the dispensaries.  It’s always a little dried out, and usually more expensive than what I can get from my dude here in town.  They don’t properly handle the bud in the dispensaries.

Maybe the handlers use too much and is not too serious on jobs.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree,  My nephew was a good kid until he was pressured by coworkers to smoke.  He finally committed suicide. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If you can over indulge I will find a way, while I still dabble with edibles or drinking now and again, I have come to learn over time MJ has a lot more risk than most people give it credit for. Take gummies for example, 10MG THC, no Cannabinoids. People will pop them daily. Well, who the hell knows what high potency gummies ingested daily do to a person? The research on THC has not been focused on that. I know for a certainty it impacts skin tissue healing correctly. What about high concentrations of THC without CBD? CBD is what protects the brain from potential negative impacts of THC.  Plants have both. Most gummies do not. The point is not to be a downer but people look at this like it's benign and nobody has a clue.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

If you can over indulge I will find a way, while I still dabble with edibles or drinking now and again, I have come to learn over time MJ has a lot more risk than most people give it credit for. Take gummies for example, 10MG THC, no Cannabinoids. People will pop them daily. Well, who the hell knows what high potency gummies ingested daily do to a person? The research on THC has not been focused on that. I know for a certainty it impacts skin tissue healing correctly. What about high concentrations of THC without CBD? CBD is what protects the brain from potential negative impacts of THC.  Plants have both. Most gummies do not. The point is not to be a downer but people look at this like it's benign and nobody has a clue.  

one of the points he makes in the book is the MJ today has super high THC content. People assume it is like the 1960s stuff, but it is much more potent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I’ve given some thought to this as well.  Not to mention that edibles are metabolized by the liver.  I know people who eat 100-150 mg per day.  The possibility of unknown longitudinal effects is kinda scary.

• Agree 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:39 AM, decsmarg said:

In NY it sure seems to everywhere but the roll-out and opening of dispensaries has been turtle pace.  I think the dispensaries will eventually open and then NY will tax the ***** out of it.  This will keep the dealers in business long term.      

On 1/9/2024 at 9:39 AM, decsmarg said:

more people driving around stoned is all it's doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/9/2024 at 12:16 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

The “top shelf” stuff at the legal dispensaries was absolutely terrible at ridiculous prices. I guess one opened up on Hertel that is supposed to be better. The pic of the bud my friend sent looked decent. But they charge more than the rez or private sellers and there’s taxes on top. They should have just left it decriminalized but the state has to screw everything up 

Tbh most dispensary bud has been sub par. Cookies on Melrose in LA was the only one that I wasn’t mad at the quality but they closed not long ago. The tax on it was ridiculous. Like 30 something % but they covered 10% or something.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The “top shelf” stuff at the legal dispensaries was absolutely terrible at ridiculous prices. I guess one opened up on Hertel that is supposed to be better. The pic of the bud my friend sent looked decent.

Tbh most dispensary bud has been sub par. Cookies on Melrose in LA was the only one that I wasn’t mad at the quality but they closed not long ago. The tax on it was ridiculous. Like 30 something % but they covered 10% or something.

Part of the quality issue in the NY dispensaries comes from the rule in NYS legalization that any/all flower sold must come from within NYS.

There is a similar rule for local distilleries. They have to source all their ingredients from within NYS. No importing potatoes from Idaho for your vodka.

In theory, I like the rule. It's a good way to drive more business and jobs into the state and provide regional economics than simply reselling weed they get from California or a Mexican Cartel.

But the rub is that all the grow houses are recently established and don't have those foundational plants and operating procedures down yet.

4 hours ago, Irv said:

In NY it sure seems to everywhere but the roll-out and opening of dispensaries has been turtle pace.  I think the dispensaries will eventually open and then NY will tax the ***** out of it.  This will keep the dealers in business long term.      

While weed was legalized a couple of years ago, the dispensaries were only allowed to open late last year. The state had to figure out permitting (and how to make sure the permits only went to their cronies). Towns had to vote on whether they'd allow dispensaries. Etc.

Lot of moving parts to allowing a brand new industry to operate. Especially when it is a Vice industry.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.