WRs and OL/OG

Milanos Milano

I personally think Dell should be a 3rd round draft pick with most thinking he goes in the 6th. You can’t easily teach separation. You either have it or you don’t. Just like Beasley. The best WRs always find a way to get open. Which is why I think too many people are sleeping on him. We saw teams reach out for Toney and WanDale. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a teach reach out for Dell. 

I would prioritize Hyatt/Rice but if Dell is there later, that would be a great consolation prize. 

First pick will be a WR.  I agree OL in round two.  Need talent at those positions.  Rest of the draft will depend on who left as FA.  Face it there will be probably 25 guys gone. New cap is unknown but Beane said they are 20 million over what is projected.   It will be an interesting off season.

I like all the WR mentioned in the original post wanted to throw a few more names out if we double dip at WR that are day 2 or 3 picks that have good size/speed combinations:

WR A.T Perry 6-5 210lbs (wake Forest)

4.56 40 time projected round 3

WR Cedric Tillman 6-3 215lbs (Tennessee)

4.52 40 time projected round 2

WR Andrei Iosivas 6-3 200lbs (Princeton)

4.50 40 time projected round 3-4

WR Elijah Higgins 6-3 235 (Stanford)

4.55 40 time projected round 3-5

WR Jalen Moreno-Cropper 6-0 173 (Fresno)

4.45 40 time projected round 4-6

WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton 6-3 224 (WVU)

4.48 40 time projected round 5-7

Edited by khlax3

I'm out on tiny wide receivers who really aren't that fast to begin with, ie McKenzie, Marquez Stevenson. No thanks. This Tank dude looks like Calvin Austin to me. Got hurt did nothing. Dude's legs look like twigs. 

Find guys with elite ball skills, George Pickens guys, Drake London guys. Guys who are going to catch the football and make contested catches in traffic. That's what Josh needs. Guys who can win vertically down the field and go and get the thing. 

I know it's easier said than done, but enough with the ridiculous water bugs. Unless we are talking Tyreek Hill type build, strength and speed, these little guys don't get it done when it matters. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sorry you are right, not sure why I put that down. 

Not many. Not to mention we don’t really have much money to spare. The draft is very top heavy with WRs this year. If we take WR, I hope we do so with our first 2 picks.  Right now I’m on the Hyatt/Dell train. We need speed. 

I would love to double dip at WR, but we only have 6 picks currently (barring trades) and we NEED to double up at OL.

That leaves 3 more picks and I would like a S & LB ... leaving one more pick for Best Player Available

9 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Seeming how this is our biggest needs, give me your list of prospects you would like the Bills to draft. Here are some of my picks that I like. 

Jordan Addison  6’ 0”  174lbs     4.51 

Zay Flowers    5’ 10”    172lbs       4.37 

Jalin Hyatt    6’ 0”     185lbs        4.31 

Rashee Rice  6’ 2”     203lbs       4.36 

Nathaniel Dell   5’ 10”   165lbs     4.43 

My 3 personal favorites are Flowers, Hyatt and Rice. I hope we can double dip at WR this year. A lot of speed is available and Dell is the greatest separator I’ve seen in years, but sadly I don’t know how his size will hold up. 

Steve Avila     6’ 4”   330lbs 

Andrew Vorhees  6’ 6”  325lbs 

Atonio Mafi   6’ 4”    339lbs 

I went with day 2-3   IOL because I would like to see us go back to back WR/WR seeming how the draft is very top heavy for wideouts this year. 

If we came out of the draft with Flowers, Hyatt, Avila, and Vorhees I would be very very happy. 

Coming out of the draft with all the players you list would be nice.  If you want Flowers, have to take him in round 1, but can he play anywhere except the slot at 5”10” 172?  

I think Hyatt will go pretty early because of speed and production in SEC, but right now is a one-trick pony.  

I don’t think the WR group is top heavy - I just don’t think it is nearly as stacked as past few years.

I know that Tank Dell currently has a lot of grades in the 6-7th rounds, but I’m telling you, he’s going to shoot up the draft board. He’s basically a WanDale, Toney type. 

There are some concerns with Hyatt about being a complete WR. Same kind of concerns that Metcalf had. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hyatt be the next Metcalf in this draft. Teams are going to sleep on him, and hopefully we don’t. 

Isn’t Wan Dale Robinson 15-20 pounds heavier than Dell?  

Not against Hyatt, but he will need a lot of development beyond “just go long”.  

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm out on tiny wide receivers who really aren't that fast to begin with, ie McKenzie, Marquez Stevenson. No thanks. This Tank dude looks like Calvin Austin to me. Got hurt did nothing. Dude's legs look like twigs. 

Find guys with elite ball skills, George Pickens guys, Drake London guys. Guys who are going to catch the football and make contested catches in traffic. That's what Josh needs. Guys who can win vertically down the field and go and get the thing. 

I know it's easier said than done, but enough with the ridiculous water bugs. Unless we are talking Tyreek Hill type build, strength and speed, these little guys don't get it done when it matters. 

How about Parker Washington for slot 5’10” 212?  He can catch and run after the catch.

22 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Coming out of the draft with all the players you list would be nice.  If you want Flowers, have to take him in round 1, but can he play anywhere except the slot at 5”10” 172?  

I think Hyatt will go pretty early because of speed and production in SEC, but right now is a one-trick pony.  

I don’t think the WR group is top heavy - I just don’t think it is nearly as stacked as past few years.

Isn’t Wan Dale Robinson 15-20 pounds heavier than Dell?  

Not against Hyatt, but he will need a lot of development beyond “just go long”.  

Addison and the TCU WR likely won’t be there which is why I generally don’t discuss them. But I’m willing to take a risk on Hyatt. His route tree is limited, but we desperately need speed to draw the safety away and let Diggs eat. If we want a possession type receiver then we should take Rice from SMU. The reason why I like Dell is because he is one best separation WR in the draft and the NFL is all about creating separation. He’s roughly the same size as Beasley so I’m not to worried about it. He’s exactly what we need underneath. If I was drafting, this is what I’d do. 

1st Hyatt/Rice  (maybe trade down a few spots)

2nd Avila

3rd  Vorhees

4th  Dell 

5th  Safety 

5th  LB 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Addison and the TCU WR likely won’t be there which is why I generally don’t discuss them. But I’m willing to take a risk on Hyatt. His route tree is limited, but we desperately need speed to draw the safety away and let Diggs eat. If we want a possession type receiver then we should take Rice from SMU. The reason why I like Dell is because he is one best separation WR in the draft and the NFL is all about creating separation. He’s roughly the same size as Beasley so I’m not to worried about it. He’s exactly what we need underneath. If I was drafting, this is what I’d do. 

1st Hyatt/Rice  (maybe trade down a few spots)

2nd Avila

3rd  Vorhees

4th  Dell 

5th  Safety 

5th  LB 

Totally aligned that Bills need WR and OL help.  Not sure yet that I think Hyatt or Rice are good value at 27.  I would not rule out OT there, especially one who could move to G temporarily or permanently.

2 hours ago, khlax3 said:

I like all the WR mentioned in the original post wanted to throw a few more names out if we double dip at WR that are day 2 or 3 picks that have good size/speed combinations:

WR A.T Perry 6-5 210lbs (wake Forest)

4.56 40 time projected round 3

WR Cedric Tillman 6-3 215lbs (Tennessee)

4.52 40 time projected round 2

WR Andrei Iosivas 6-3 200lbs (Princeton)

4.50 40 time projected round 3-4

WR Elijah Higgins 6-3 235 (Stanford)

4.55 40 time projected round 3-5

WR Jalen Moreno-Cropper 6-0 173 (Fresno)

4.45 40 time projected round 4-6

WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton 6-3 224 (WVU)

4.48 40 time projected round 5-7

AT Perry and Iosivas interest me the most. 
I really hope we double dip because there is good receiving option in the draft that we need. 

Hyatt needs to be a bill yesterday. Perfect for what Allen likes to do. 

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Totally aligned that Bills need WR and OL help.  Not sure yet that I think Hyatt or Rice are good value at 27.  I would not rule out OT there, especially one who could move to G temporarily or permanently.

I’m fairly certain after the combine Hyatt and Rice will prove the justifications. Everything I’ve watched from them screams NFL ready WR even with the limitations. Hyatt torches NFL ready DBs in the best conference. Everyone was saying the same exact thing about Metcalf and look what happened. 
Guards are deep this year, a lot of good options to pick up in rounds 2-3. Avila should be there and is one of the best pass blockers.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

AT Perry and Iosivas interest me the most. 
I really hope we double dip because there is good receiving option in the draft that we need. 

Hyatt needs to be a bill yesterday. Perfect for what Allen likes to do. 

Really like that Hyatt was productive against SEC competition.  His hands seem good and speed looks high end.  I understand that few college players come into the league fully developed, but man Hyatt might have a long way to go in route running and we really don’t know if he is willing to make catches in traffic or shake a guy with a good route.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

First pick will be a WR.  I agree OL in round two.  Need talent at those positions.  Rest of the draft will depend on who left as FA.  Face it there will be probably 25 guys gone. New cap is unknown but Beane said they are 20 million over what is projected.   It will be an interesting off season.

So who would you be ok with as a WR taken at 27? 
Addison likely won’t be there. 
We will likely have to choose between Hyatt and Rice. 

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Really like that Hyatt was productive against SEC competition.  His hands seem good and speed looks high end.  I understand that few college players come into the league fully developed, but man Hyatt might have a long way to go in route running and we really don’t know if he is willing to make catches in traffic or shake a guy with a good route.

This was the same exact thing said about Metcalf. High end speed, limited route runner and didn’t knowing if he could shake a guy with a good route. He was basically viewed as a go deep WR only player initially. I think Hyatt’s production against quality DBs in Alabama and others is enough justification to take at 27 with 4.3s speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think Hyatt will be there in the 2nd round. He is nearly as fast as John Brown low 4.3s but a better WR than Brown was coming out of college. And Brown was drafted quite high. I would not be surprised to see Hyatt go in the 25-32 range. He’s the best deep threat WR in the draft this year IMO which is what this team needs. We need a good WR that can take the top off and free up Diggs. 

WR were pushed up the board a ton last year so he may go rd1. I think that would be a mistake for the Bills. He reminds me of Tyquan Thornton last year who got reached on by the Pats in the beginning of the second round. Lots of speed, limited route tree.

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So who would you be ok with as a WR taken at 27? 
Addison likely won’t be there. 
We will likely have to choose between Hyatt and Rice. 

This was the same exact thing said about Metcalf. High end speed, limited route runner and didn’t knowing if he could shake a guy with a good route. He was basically viewed as a go deep WR only player initially. I think Hyatt’s production against quality DBs in Alabama and others is enough justification to take at 27 with 4.3s speed. 

Good discussion- I love draft talk!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

WR were pushed up the board a ton last year so he may go rd1. I think that would be a mistake for the Bills. He reminds me of Tyquan Thornton last year who got reached on by the Pats in the beginning of the second round. Lots of speed, limited route tree.

No way, Thornton wasn’t making the kind of plays Hyatt was against top CBs S in the nation. This guy eats cushions like nobody’s business. Watch this and tell me he is limited. He does exactly what we need. Outside receiver that reliably gets open against top tier talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.