XFL Thread 2023

PromoTheRobot

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

AJ McCarron playing QB for St. Louis.

Man McCarron looks terrible.   Perfect example of a QB who is looking at the pass rush instead of downfield.   Can't play QB like that.

Takeaway from first 3 games is that hiring these former players with little head coaching experience seems to yield terrible results.

Wade Phillips just overwhelmed TBucks' team and Wade got caught on the sideline mic calling TBuck "not a coach" because of his choice to keep throwing the ball late in the game.    Stoops kickedass too.

This Hines Ward/Anthony Becht matchup is unwatchable.

I know the pro football establishment wants ways to fast track retired players into coaching gigs but perhaps maybe people who become professional coaches at 22-24 years of age and work their way up the ladder can be good enough.     Maybe understanding what it's like to not be an All American and NFL Pro Bowl player better prepares you to coach teams full of jabroni's.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:16 AM, LeGOATski said:

Fun game between Battlehawks and Sea Dragons. How great it would be to watch the Bills like this, to be able to listen to the play calls and half time discussions.

Terrel Buckley for Orlando might be the first XFL coach fired in-season. 😂   

It's hilarious listening to the sideline interactions.  

If I'm the xfl, I'd do one of two things - 

1) eliminate all punting. Teams have 4 downs to get a first down. If they don't get a 1st down, the ball goes over to the other team

OR 

2) keep punting, but eliminate all run plays. Teams cannot hand the ball off. Passing only 

Gotta find a way to make these games better 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Steptide said:

Seeing the size of the crowd in st Louis for this game makes me feel bad for st Louis fans. They so desperately want a pro football team back 

Some of the games have been surprisingly full and with some fans who already look like lifelong diehards. I have to believe they're being paid to promote or something. Who gets that psyched about a brand new team... 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

So far, I've liked watching Seattle, Houston, and DC. 

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Some of the games have been surprisingly full and with some fans who already look like lifelong diehards. I have to believe they're being paid to promote or something. Who gets that psyched about a brand new team... 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

So far, I've liked watching Seattle, Houston, and DC. 

St Louis had almost 40k at their game yesterday. That's insane for an xfl game

41 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

XFL knows how to handle the delay of game call. In the DC/ StL game, DC hiked the ball just after the clock hit zero and they still threw the flag. So easy. So simple.

Just goes to show the NFL's handling of the rule is BS.

It's a simple thing that basketball figured-out decades ago.  When the clock hits zero sound a horn.  It's not rocket surgery.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a simple thing that basketball figured-out decades ago.  When the clock hits zero sound a horn.  It's not rocket surgery.

It always amazes me the way the NFL tries to explain it like it's such a nuanced process. They think we're stupid. I love having these other leagues because they're able to confirm what we already know.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

The St Louis Battlehawks XFL is a great success story but I don’t think the XFL is going to make it because the USFL has the better long range business plan to just stay the course until the market gets use to you like USL, MLS, WNBA. The XFL went all in markets right away which was successful in St Louis. But Las Vegas the Vegas Vipers is failing the IFL indoor football team is drawing a good amount of fans the Vegas Knight Hawks for less cost operations wise. San Antonio crowds after opening game have been decreasing. The Rock doesn’t have the funds to absorb those kind of money losses for long. Fox is loaded with money and smartly starting small in hub cities and also waiting for the weather to get warmer and not going against the NCAA basketball tournament. If I am a betting man which I am not I think the USFL will survive but even that depends on how much money does Fox want to lose until the USFL spring football gets established that is the million dollar question.

I would choose the USFL for Buffalo over XFL because of the later start of there spring football season fits Buffalo weather the best. Even though I think Arena football/indoor football at Key Bank Center is a better fit for Buffalo because of the less cost salary structure wise players get paid peanuts $250 to $500 a game in the Indoor Football League. And it gives Key Bank Center much needed events. I am hopeful Buffalo will get some kind of indoor football back by 2030 at the latest when that incompetent Terry Pegula sells the Buffalo Sabres. I am celebrating pizza and wings at BSF house when Terry Pegula sells the Buffalo Sabres and PSE is out of the arena sports business. When Buffalo gets a real owner that knows how to grow business not just wait to collect taxpayer public money we will get things like indoor sports like football, soccer and basketball back in Key Bank Center for the good fans of Buffalo. I see the TBL which has a team in Albany the Albany Patroons are part of the new Basketball Super League with the best basketball teams around the world not in the NBA, NBA G League.

I know brainwashed Terry Pegula defenders Buffalo is too small, doesn’t have a nickel to it’s name be glad we have the Buffalo Bills and 12 years of suffering from the Buffalo Sabres right don’t forget PSL’s and Buffalo Sabres will try hard for the last playoff spot next season. But we shouldn’t count on that from the Buffalo Sabres because they are just kids after all at 21 to 41 years old right that is just nuts have standards Buffalo and have more opportunities for winning teams by allowing more sports teams into this market. If the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres can’t survive because of the Buffalo Destroyers or Buffalo Blizzard that is on the incompetent management of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

I like the vibe and history that comes with the USFL, but the XFL's operation and broadcast has been better.

Like the crazy poster above says, the USFL's business plan seems more favorable for long term success.

These two leagues should really look into merging eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.