Now Pence

Tiberius

Pence continues to handle this correctly.

Pence says ‘mistakes were made’ in classified documents handling

“Pence said he decided to undertake the search of his home “out of an abundance of caution” after recent disclosures by Biden’s team that documents were found at his former office and in his Delaware home.

“I take full responsibility” over the documents that were discovered in Indiana, Pence said Friday. He said he had directed his counsel to work with the National Archives, Department of Justice and Congress and fully cooperate in any investigation.”

His situation seems to be very similar to Biden’s except he has better messaging. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:10 PM, Tenhigh said:

Dang it, I just found nuclear secrets tucked into an old Hustler I'd hid in the shed. 

Don't worry, no one would touch them  anyways.😅

• 1 month later...

Justice Department closes Pence documents probe with no charges

As predicted, Pence will not be charged with possession of government documents. When you cooperate with law enforcement and there's no evidence that you personally intentionally took the documents, you're not going to face charges. However, if you obstruct law enforcement and there is evidence that you personally intentionally took the documents, it might be a different story...

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

He would be the most right leaning candidate in the field I presume? 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I have about as much shot at the Republican nomination as this guy. Already lost so many voters due to his Trump bashing (right or wrong if he was planning a Republican run he needed to be more reserved). Pence is just going to be fodder for Trump and Desantis to chew up and spit out. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Mike Pence enters the race for the nomination of the Hang Mike Pence Party. 

Like Tom Brady entering a popularity contest in Buffalo. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

How to watch CNN's town hall with Mike Pence

CNN.com

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/07/politics/how-to-watch-mike-pence-town-hall-cnn/index.html

7 hours ago — Former Vice President Mike Pence will participate in a CNN town hall on Wednesday following the official launch of his 2024 presidential ...

Sounds like a snooze fest to me.

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Sounds like a snooze fest to me.

I would be interested to see if the CNN

moderator will treat Pence like every other GOP candidate or will they treat him with white gloves to keep him visible against Trump. 

🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, ChiGoose said:

Pence continues to handle this correctly.

Pence says ‘mistakes were made’ in classified documents handling

“Pence said he decided to undertake the search of his home “out of an abundance of caution” after recent disclosures by Biden’s team that documents were found at his former office and in his Delaware home.

“I take full responsibility” over the documents that were discovered in Indiana, Pence said Friday. He said he had directed his counsel to work with the National Archives, Department of Justice and Congress and fully cooperate in any investigation.”

His situation seems to be very similar to Biden’s except he has better messaging. 

I'm not sure how similar his situation is to Biden's. Of the three, Pence is the professional in the room.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not sure how similar his situation is to Biden's. Of the three, Pence is the professional in the room.

So what we’ve learned is that just about everyone in America has some classified documents at home. I assume I probably have a few myself somewhere. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You are correct about Pence being the professional here. 

Pence’s situation is basically the best case scenario if there is accidental spillage. There is no evidence that he was aware of the documents; the moment he learned about them he contacted authorities; he cooperated fully with the investigation. There’s no scenario in which someone in his position gets charged. 

Biden’s case is close to Pence’s, but there were documents in places where it seems less likely that Biden didn’t know about them than with Pence. So even though he alerted authorities and is cooperating, that investigation is likely still going on so they can figure out who knew what, and if there is something going on that warrants a charge. I’d doubt Biden catches a charge based on what we know now, but that may change as the investigation continues and if they uncover more evidence. 

Trump… did everything he possibly could wrong. He admitted to taking them but refused to return them and then he obstructed the investigation. He continues to dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole and is actually putting his own attorneys into jeopardy at this point. 

There’s clearly a problem with securing government documents that needs reform, but there are important distinctions between the cases of these three individuals. 

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There’s clearly a problem with securing government documents that needs reform, but there are important distinctions between the cases of these three individuals. 

The federal government simply failed in securing documents. There's an entire department responsible for this for pete's sake. It shouldn't have happened.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The federal government simply failed in securing documents. There's an entire department responsible for this for pete's sake. It shouldn't have happened.

100% agree. The process for moving out officials with clearances is clearly broken and needs fixing. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

It is an obvious truth that some systemic problems exist and have been apparent for a number of years.

But.....There is no excuse for these people to mishandle documents that they knew were never to be in the places they were ultimately found.

There is no excuse that "my staff did it and I didn't know."

You know, the Nancy Pelosi horsecrap that she didn't know about enhanced interrogation techniques while a member of the House Intel Committee because she sent a staff member to the CIA brief that explained that, and that staff member never told her? 

Disgraceful.

That is gross BS that would get any military officer fired within minutes. 

I don't think indictments are in order unless someone committed obvious sabotage or tried to make money or gain some other advantage off of them, but this is pure nonsense. 

Prosecutorial discretion should prevail, but there is no excuse. 

• Like (+1) 2