The Ripoff Report: Wild Card Edition

WhitewalkerInPhilly

• I want to apologize to everyone for making this close. I missed the first quarter rocking a fussy toddler to sleep, and when nap time was over we were up 17-0. Thankfully I stepped out on the 4th and 6 play. 
  • I have said it a few times, but if in five years there is a scandal uncovered where Vegas dumped a pile of money to have the Dolphins back door cover the spread I will not be shocked. Not that there were any calls where I am going "Oh, that was 100% wrong". It was that the rules seemed to be enforced inconsistently. Shakir reels in an incredible bomb, but on replay it doesn't look clean? Let's reverse the call on the field. Diggs catches a ball one handed, gets two feet down and holds onto the ball? No catch. Hill toe taps but drops the ball out of bounds, like the Poyer interception that was called back? Obviously a catch! That was a drive extending PI vs White seemed to have the refs turns a blind eye as the Dolphins CBs got chippy. And that's not even getting to the debacle of the number of times the play clock hit zero, a second or two passed and there was no delay of game. The one, single delay of game was on a 4th and 1 where the ball was snapped, the play blown up and then was whistled dead to give Miami another shot at a conversion. When Singletary got a lucky spot at the end of the game, it seemed like it was a make up call to make sure that Vegas didn't lose its shirt.
  • Credit to McDaniel: down 17-0, on the road with a third string QB I think a lot of coaches would have been forgiven for throwing in the towel and trying to make it look respectable. The Dolphins emptied their bag of tricks and never stopped fighting. They are in even worse cap space than we are next year, and they don't have a 1st round pick anymore.
  • The box score won't tell you how well the defense played. 24 points given up, with 17 of them in a 2nd quarter coming off of two interceptions and a ridiculous return game from Miami. Can someone calculate the Dolphins average starting field position in that quarter? Because it felt like our 40.
  • My worry is that it seemed that Josh kept going for the kill shot once we were up. We need to be more disciplined going forwards.
  • I wanted a blowout, but style points aren't a thing. The Bengals looked mortal too last night, so we will see what happens. 
  • Like (+1) 2

I thought all of the replay calls on the reception/no receptions were correct.  The Shakir drop looked clean in real time but was clearly a drop.  (Huge play, too.) The Knox drop was closer, but still probably correctly reversed. The Waddle catch on the sideline was never even close…definitely a catch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

I thought all of the replay calls on the reception/no receptions were correct.  The Shakir drop looked clean in real time but was clearly a drop.  (Huge play, too.) The Knox drop was closer, but still probably correctly reversed. The Waddle catch on the sideline was never even close…definitely a catch.

The Knox play was not a drop he had possession and the ball never moved or left his hand, even didn’t move after the 2nd hand came in. The ball is allowed to touch the ground as long as possession is maintained. Total crap call given trying to keep game close. The other calls were correct. They did miss the interference on Beasly and the helmet to helmet on Allen’s fumble, multiple delay of game calls, a critical holding call and a few block in the back calls. It was a poorly officiated game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I agree. I also think that with replay and cameras, they literally should never get a call ‘wrong.’  Crazy that so many are still so debatable. 

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The Knox play was not a drop he had possession and the ball never moved or left his hand, even didn’t move after the 2nd hand came in. The ball is allowed to touch the ground as long as possession is maintained. Total crap call given trying to keep game close. The other calls were correct. They did miss the interference on Beasly and the helmet to helmet on Allen’s fumble, multiple delay of game calls, a critical holding call and a few block in the back calls. It was a poorly officiated game.

Yeah, the Knox call was highly debatable. There was one angle where it looked like a non-catch though.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yeah, the Knox call was highly debatable. There was one angle where it looked like a non-catch though.

If there was, I didn’t see it. Head on showed possession was never lost and ball did not move. But hey, maybe I missed something. Remember it was called a TD,  evidence has to be indisputable, If  it takes that long to nitpick a called TD, no way should it be overturned.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 1

The league needs to get the goaline rules aligned.  A ball carrier can possess the ball but once the ball touches the goaline the ball carrier can let the ball fly loose.

A wideout can possess the ball past the white line but has to survive the ground?  The moment they have possession it should be over like the ball carrier 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.